Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have any of you ''grown out'' of MLP?

null123456

So, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't really like MLP anymore.  A few years ago, I loved the show. I watched every episode, I bought plushies, comics, and I even got a poster signed by one of the artists who worked on the comics. But now, the show just doesn't peak my interest anymore. Normally, where I would be excited to turn on the TV and watch a new episode, I just scroll past my full list of S5 recordings and watch something else like Steven Universe instead. It also doesn't help that I've noticed a lot more rabid bronies in things like YouTube comment sections and discussions. I'm just not into MLP anymore. Does anyone else feel this way?

• Brohoof 6

I still enjoy the show, but my interest in regards to the fandom has been bunked down by a landslide. I no longer visit various websites about it, pay attention to the merchandise, etc. Doodles, chatting, and new episodes are all what my mind is on for MLP nowadays. Some aspects that I used to like in the fandom are now things that sort of annoy me (like analysts). That's pretty much it.

No, the excitement has waned a bit since my early days of being into the show with it coming back for occasional episodes like the upcoming Luna episode this Saturday for example and certain trends in the show are starting to annoy me, but I am still into the show.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't really like MLP anymore.  A few years ago, I loved the show. I watched every episode, I bought plushies, comics, and I even got a poster signed by one of the artists who worked on the comics. But now, the show just doesn't peak my interest anymore. Normally, where I would be excited to turn on the TV and watch a new episode, I just scroll past my full list of S5 recordings and watch something else like Steven Universe instead. It also doesn't help that I've noticed a lot more rabid bronies in things like YouTube comment sections and discussions. I'm just not into MLP anymore. Does anyone else feel this way?

Interest and energy are cyclical. You haven't "grown out" of MLP; you like Steven Universe because it's new and interesting. Later on, you might like MLP again or else whatever is the next new and interesting show.

Edited by SkullcandyPegasus
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Im not ''grown out'' of the show. But Im not as hyped about it as I used to be. 2 years ago or so I could watch a season in one go. No problem. But now I can barely watch 2 episodes before I start to feel like I need to do something else. 

Edited by zaqwert11

I admit that I haven't been as into FiM as I was a few years ago. I'm still interested in the show and watch the new episodes when I can, but a lot has changed in three years in my life for me.

I am in this fandom for almost 4 years now and i never get bored of it.

The reason why we think that our interest isn't as big as the time we found the show, is because we always feel that special emotion when we find something new and exciting. Many people want to find this special emotion again and some blame it on the show, while it's actually themselves being longer into this show now and feel a certain form of fatigue.

I have no problem if you don't like the show anymore, since you don't talk down to people who still like it. ;)

• Brohoof 5

I'm glad other people here can relate, because I honestly feel the same way. Due to plenty of negative life changes this year and my depression my enthusiasm for the show has seriously downgraded and now I don't wait impatiently for new episodes like I did during Season 4 and I sometimes wait more than a week to watch a new one. I've just lost interest to be honest -_-

• Brohoof 1

Does anyone else feel this way?

Not towards ponies, but Pokemon instead. That was three years ago at least, when I used to be the greatest geek with it. My interest with ponies on the other hand, has been pretty consistent, yes, the excitement of discovering a new and interesting characters has diminished somewhat, but I can't get over my excitement with the world building it's getting now  :yay:

Nope, and I never will.  At least I never plan to.  Though I will admit, my excitement for everything has gone down a bit.  Mainly just because at the beginning the excitement was at it's peak simply because I couldn't believe I had become a Brony(something I never thought would happen).  I've come to terms with it now and calmed down significantly, but love the show equally, as I did before. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Definitely cyclical for me. Nostalgia and Season 5 have returned me and everything is fresh and exciting again, the fan art, the music, etc. But I believe hobbies inherently come and go as we fluctuate in our personal lives, and eventually I'll move on. Again. Maybe I'll come back, maybe I won't, but no harm no foul.

It's very much a fading interest at this point, perhaps I shall stick with it for some time yet, perhaps not.

I have previously tried to leave the community twice, but found myself coming back.

I haven't grown out of it entirely, but I'm not as wild about the show as I used to be. Probably has at least something to do with the fact that I'm getting married to a woman who has absolutely no interest in the show.

But I still watch the new episodes every week! I just don't geek out about it quite so much anymore.

Years ago I was really into it but since I started watching Season 3 it really lowered my expectations so I took some time off of it. When I came back... still not the way it used to been.

Not in the least. Still watch the show with eager anticipation, still loyal to this community, and still champion both as powerful forces of positive personal change as they have been to me.

Brony for life.  :)

• Brohoof 1

I'll admit that I now know that I would easily quit the show if it ever crossed certain lines. However, fortunately, it's quite unlikely that it will ever cross those lines, so I don't worry about it that much. 

I think a lot of the show's fans have, in time, 'matured' to a degree. This doesn't necessarily mean they are leaving the fandom or losing faith, it just means that they are growing more passive in their following of the show. It's the same with any fandom, we all have many things we love to watch, and MLP is just another one of them!

• Brohoof 4

Yes. Back in 2011-2012 I was waaaay into the show. I worried about it ending... I got really mad when people criticized... I liked fluttershy waaaay too much. After I left the fandom after season 2 I kinda matured and now I've come back and I'm definitely no where near as fanatical as I was.

• Brohoof 1

I'm more invested in MLP than most.  And by that I really mean that I'm invested in and committed to Rainbow Dash.  I still watch the show, but my interest towards the fandom has decreased.  And by that I really mean that I'm not overfond of the fandom. xD

Though I seldom "grow out of" anything.

Not really, MLP:FiM is still my favorite show after almost 2 years now.

But I won't deny it's not the same as when I discovered the show. I think I'll lose interest soon, but for now I still watch every episode when they air.

I have been a fan since 2011 and my interest is still as strong as it ever was; if not stronger!

I still watch and love the show, I read the comics, I create new fan characters, participate in pony role plays, and I still adore this fandom and community. So yeah my love is still there! :D

• Brohoof 1