Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

before you were a brony, what did you think of people wearing pony merch

alpinefroggy

I didn't think twice about it. I've spent a large enough portion of my life wearing a jacket with a Starfleet communicator pinned to the front and a Blue Squadron insignia patch on the sleeve that I have no problem with anyone else flaunting their preferences.

Now I wear an Applejack t-shirt under that jacket.

I have a friend who was a brony in 2011 and had a "20% cooler" shirt. Wasn't sure what to think of it, but I was like...ok. It wasn't for another four years till I finally understood what the reference to that was.

I never saw people wearing pony merc. Never. It is not really big here in Iceland, I just recently (a few months ago) saw a girl wearing a Celestia shirt. However, if I am to guess how I would think, it would probably be like "Strange.... meh, don't really care" ^^;. 

I became a brony before the pony merch became a thing (outside of everything geared towards girls and all G3 related anyways).  However, my views on ponies in general before FIM was "kill it with fire!!"

That was/is my view on all things girly (outside of FIM)....this is coming from the girl who wanted to marry Bigfoot the monster truck for over 4 years of her life)

I come from a background of diggers and offroading so the unusual is the normal. Cartoon charectors are everyday stuff. If it's bright, funny, garish, oily or sick its cool :)

But I can't remember seeing any MLPFIM merch before Last February when I found the show?

I saw no merchandise before I became a brony. After I became a brony though, I would see other people's reactions to people who weren't me wearing pony shirts. This one Asian kid was wearing a shirt that was a gallery of ponies in a sort of iPhone layout and someone who I believe was one of his friends was like "we shall now call you mr. Pony man" There was another girl in an airport in Texas wearing a Rainbow Dash shirt, and in middle school there was one day where I was walking across the blacktop and I heard some of my own classmates calling themselves after the mane 6 while playing basketball, it was kind of like "Get it Applejack!" "Pass it to me Fluttershy!".

But, if I saw all of that as a non brony, I would heavily contemplate it. More in a puzzling way instead of a negative way. And (unfortunately) I would probably think negatively if I saw someone wearing a furry shirt (because I'm not a furry).

I plan on getting a shirt sometime though. However, it's going to be obscure so only certain brownies will know. I'm going to get a shirt of Javis from SLHRPG. I'm not going to buy it because I like mlp, I'm going to buy it because I like Bobby Shroeder's work and I "grew up" watching PonyPokey.