Firedog

I'm crossing fingers for:

1. Scootaloo episode (PLEASE WRITERS!!)

2. More Diamond Tiara

3. Starlight Glimmer Expanded backstory

4. Lots of Rainbow Dash episodes :P

5. Mane six episodes

6. Season ending/opener that doesn't have a villain

7. Starlight Glimmer is now mane 7 (Most likely no)

8. CMC

9. Vacation episode (Beach possibly?)

10. Lots more adventure!

• Brohoof 1

Just gonna repeat what I said in a similar thread 

- A goddamn Celestia episode. 5 full seasons without ONE SINGLE EPISODE dedicated to her. What the actual fuck? And no bullshit "Let's get Luna in there too since she's her sister", full dedication to the Princess of Sun please.

- Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo's family. It's amazing that it's taken them this long for them to finally introduce one of Fluttershy's family members. All we have is a guy who may or may not be related to Rainbow Dash and zilch about Scoots. And I'd finally like to see them put the nail on the coffin with Scootaorphan. Though I still doubt it this'll ever happen, we'll probably see 50 more Apple family members before we'll every see any more for these two. Speaking of Apple family.

- I'd like to see a lot less of them honestly. I've always preferred seeing AJ episodes that don't heavily feature her family(See: Mane Attraction) and I've honestly gotten really sick of them. Wouldn't mind episodes about individual members, like Big Mac, but if they're gonna keep doing more family oriented episodes, do it with the other mane 6 family for a change

- Explore new towns and cities. We can only do Canterlot so much. One thing I liked most about S5 was some of the new places like the Pie's rock farm and Griffonstone 

- An opener/finale that actually lets the remane 5 do something for once. I love Twilight, but I love it more when her friends help her save the world. Besides their roles diminishing with each passing opener/finale, Cutie Remark is my least favorite multiparter so far, and a lot of was due to the fact that Twilight's friends was completely sidelined for both episodes.

- Less "Fluttershy is shy/scared" episodes. This is self explanatory. While "Breezie" is an unpopular episode(I don't care much for it myself), it was still a step in the right direction, and I would prefer seeing more episodes like it

- Tone down the fanservice.....like a ton. 

- Better use of secondary characters in general. I find it pretty outstanding that people continue to beg for more Background characters getting screentime while roles of already established characters like Zecora and Cheerilee continue to get screwed over

- A villain that stays evil the end

EDIT: An episode of Spike interacting with anyone that isn't Twilight or Rarity. I mean c'mon I can't be the only one who thinks an episode with Spike and Rainbow Dash screwing with Twilight would be hilarious

Edited by Thrillho
  • Brohoof 4

* More on Spike's past.

* The Cutie Mark Crusaders help Silver Spoon with what her cutie mark means.

* Pipsqueak gets his cutie mark.

* A Detective Rarity and Detective Pinkie Pie episode.

* Raindow Dash's family.

1. A Celestia Episode....like...a MEANINGFUL episode. Not a "Slice of Life" type of thing. 

2. A Luna episode that doesn't make her a pity party. She deserves better

3. Pony Sunset Shimmer visits 

4. Explore other places other than The Crystal Empire, Canterlot,Manehatten, Cloudsdale, and Ponyville. Let's visit Yayakastan 

5. An Episode on Fluttershy's family or past. Same for Applejack and Rarity

6. CMC episode about them living up to their purpose in life. 

7. DT struggling to not be a b*tch

8. Pony Sunset Shimmer <3

9. Cadence gets development please

10. Silly babysitting episode for Princess Sky

-Celestia episode pls, it's kinda bad how her sister has several yet she has none

-Cheese Sandwich, he's one of my favorite ponies and I'd love to see him again

-More Zecora, I assume she must be hard to write for, but it'd be nice to see more of her. [Also Mayor Mare and Babs Seed because they're both cuties]

-Wind Rider / Lightning Dust revenge team-up, I don't care a whole lot for either of them but it might be kinda interesting

-I'd also love to see Sunset Shimmer appear and maybe interact with Starlight Glimmer

-Discord/Pinkie Pie - Prank/Spy episode, anything with the two of them

-A non-family Applejack episode

-A fun Luna episode that doesn't involve her whining or having a bad attitude 

-Steampunk or Robot ponies would be kinda cool

• Brohoof 3

1. A Spike episode that doesn't antagonize him or punish him just for the sake of the plot. Instead, he uses his strengths to help solve the conflict, like Applejack from Mane Attraction.

Hopefully, a good Spike episode.

2. Two-parters that rely less on only Twilight and more on the rest of the cast and secondary ponies. The Cutie Map did a great job using the ReMane Five and the Our Four. The Cutie Re-Mark gets a pass because her friends weren't dumbed down for the sake of the plot.
  3. Less use of Zecora as a plot device and more as a character. So far, Friends Forever #5 and Magic Duel are the latest to do that.
  4. Less "Fluttershy-standing-up-for-herself" and more about her using her development to use. Her supporting roles in The Cutie Map and Tanks for the Memories were great at that. More of this in a central role.
  5. More episodes with deep, gray, and mature morals. Season five saw a spike of those, and we need more of that. Hopefully, more will be better executed.
  6. A subversion of the idea that just because the Cutie Map didn't call you doesn't mean you can't come join and solve the friendship issue. Amending Fences proved that inadvertently.
  7. The ending of the finale hinted at a possible idea that Starlight Glimmer will be a part of the mane cast, or at least a step towards it. Season six would be a great place for her to have a redemption arc. She's Twilight's protégé now. Let's see her grow into her own and close some of the gaps, like her friendship with Sunburst. Her charisma gives her the ability to hold her own. Let's see that.
  8. Other towns and cities full of other creatures, yet are just as affluent as Ponyville, Canterlot, or Manehattan.
  9. A dragon-centric episode that doesn't stereotype the dragons as greedy, heartless, and bullying.
  10. A Celestia episode that shows her intelligence and ability to be human. Many of her portrayals try to make her look like a teacher (teaching Twilight how to lead, solve open-ended magic) or human (being Trollestia again during Make Friends), but in turn, she looks like someone who either has ulterior motives or doesn't give a damn about anyone's lives.

The only time fanservice was a problem in season five was during Magic Sheep. (But to everyone out there, it's not fanpandering, because they have a plot purpose.) Otherwise, the fanservice wasn't a distraction. Slice of Life's fanservice was completely justified: The episode wasn't merely an excellent thank-you present to the fandom. It was also self-congratulatory; SoL made FIM the longest-running Hasbro production ever.

-A fun Luna episode that doesn't involve her whining or having a bad attitude

Aside from maybe Princess Twilight Sparkle via a flashback, Luna hasn't displayed a whiny or bad attitude once. Luna's self-torment was a really big deal, because it parallels to self-harm. And she has every reason to believe this: While everyone forgave her, she never forgave herself, and she never truly experienced punishment for her actions. She didn't state the Tartabus's origins until late because she didn't want to be seen as weak.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

Just gonna repeat what I said in a similar thread 

- A goddamn Celestia episode. 5 full seasons without ONE SINGLE EPISODE dedicated to her. What the actual fuck? And no bullshit "Let's get Luna in there too since she's her sister", full dedication to the Princess of Sun please.

- Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo's family. It's amazing that it's taken them this long for them to finally introduce one of Fluttershy's family members. All we have is a guy who may or may not be related to Rainbow Dash and zilch about Scoots. And I'd finally like to see them put the nail on the coffin with Scootaorphan. Though I still doubt it this'll ever happen, we'll probably see 50 more Apple family members before we'll every see any more for these two. Speaking of Apple family.

- I'd like to see a lot less of them honestly. I've always preferred seeing AJ episodes that don't heavily feature her family(See: Mane Attraction) and I've honestly gotten really sick of them. Wouldn't mind episodes about individual members, like Big Mac, but if they're gonna keep doing more family oriented episodes, do it with the other mane 6 family for a change

- Explore new towns and cities. We can only do Canterlot so much. One thing I liked most about S5 was some of the new places like the Pie's rock farm and Griffonstone 

- An opener/finale that actually lets the remane 5 do something for once. I love Twilight, but I love it more when her friends help her save the world. Besides their roles diminishing with each passing opener/finale, Cutie Remark is my least favorite multiparter so far, and a lot of was due to the fact that Twilight's friends was completely sidelined for both episodes.

- Less "Fluttershy is shy/scared" episodes. This is self explanatory. While "Breezie" is an unpopular episode(I don't care much for it myself), it was still a step in the right direction, and I would prefer seeing more episodes like it

- Better use of secondary characters in general. I find it pretty outstanding that people continue to beg for more Background characters getting screentime while roles of already established characters like Zecora and Cheerilee continue to get screwed over

- A villain that stays evil the end

EDIT: An episode of Spike interacting with anyone that isn't Twilight or Rarity. I mean c'mon I can't be the only one who thinks an episode with Spike and Rainbow Dash screwing with Twilight would be hilarious

Agree pretty much 100% with everything you said here :)

Especially about the finale (should have had that be twilight's episode alotment for the season and given us an actual mane six two parter after it for the finale..), as while its an enjoyable TWILIGHT episode, its horrible as what a finale two parter should be for the group.

I'm really surprised that we don't get more celestia too, honestly. I mean, there's tons of celestia toys being made (That playset for this season comes with celestia, and she's a go to brushable toy for the 4/5 year olds since she's a princess and I see ton in the MLP christmas section at my grocery store), so you'd think hasbro would mandate more focus on her :/

Also gotta really agree for the AJ episodes thing. Her family has a tendency to absolutely steal "Her" episodes and make them more about them than her, which really is sad; episodes like the mane attraction are what I really want for her.

4. Lots of Rainbow Dash episodes :P

LOL. just have to focus on this and double brohoof this specifically XD

Total massive dash fan here, so would hope for more dash!

I know its a pipe dream, but I'd love it if it turned out to be true that they'd have Lightning dust and wind rider return for revenge against her.

-A non-family Applejack episode

Hah, seems to be a popular opinion XD

• Brohoof 2

-Like a lot of the others have said, a Celestia episode, or a Celestia/Luna episode.  (no mane six.  just those two dealing with a problem beyond their comprehension)

-The return of Trixie (I thought they might do it in season 5, but I guess not)

-More Rarity episodes  (or at least spread them throughout the season. I liked the triple Rarity episodes in a row thing, but when that was over I knew I wouldn't be seeing much more of her during the rest of season)

• Brohoof 1

Episodes I wanna see? Hmmmm.

x more Discord with individual ponies. Discord and Pinkie Pie? Yes. Discord and Rarity? Yes please. Discord and Fluttershy? yES SIGN ME UP.

x Starlight Glimmer bonding episodes

x The return of my fav Lightning Dust (or Trixie)

x More mane six pair ups. I've found my favorite trio is Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity (ever since Putting Your Hoof Down). So maybe an episode with just them would be solid.

x A good Spike episode (I can dream!)

x An episode focusing on Celestia. Please & thank you.

Aside from maybe Princess Twilight Sparkle via a flashback, Luna hasn't displayed a whiny or bad attitude once. Luna's self-torment was a really big deal, because it parallels to self-harm. And she has every reason to believe this: While everyone forgave her, she never forgave herself, and she never truly experienced punishment for her actions. She didn't state the Tartabus's origins until late because she didn't want to be seen as weak.

If I may politely ask if you wouldn't compare the plight of a pony to self-harm, as it is a very serious issue that millions of people face around the world. Luna might have issues... She's obviously very distressed about herself as Nightmare Moon, and she doesn't hold herself to very high esteem... but there's nothing that suggests she hurts/self-harms herself.  
  • Brohoof 2

What I'd like to see

*Starlight only in a reoccurring role

*More Fluttercord and Rarijack hints XD

*A morally grey villain who has legitimate reasoning for what they are doing

*Better Twilight balance (ie more Sol stories less focus on the two-parters)

*More from the secondary cast ie Zecora, Cheerilee, Big Mac etc

*Fluttershy's brother being an independent character from Fluttershy (ie not a complete copy or exact opposite)

*More Fluttershy!!!!!

*A villain not looking out to destroy the world

*They must include something like this in the episode that introduces Fluttershy's brother:

• Fluttershy to the Mane 6: "I just got letter from my brother. He's coming to visit soon."
  • Twilight: "Wait Fluttershy, you've had a brother all this time and never told us about him?"
  • The Mane 6: Turns to Twilight with deadpan expression
  • Twilight: "What?"

*All of the Mane 6's families gathering together (Only the immediate family for Applejack) 

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 2

*Starlight only in a reoccurring role

REALLY hoping this is what happens, as I'm not looking forward to her as the new mane seven. Though, I think we might be in the minority given how much gushing and hoping about her that I've seen on pony sites :/

THIS. Just, this. I don't ask for anything else.

Other ideas in mind.

1. An episode showing Diamond Tiara's struggles to grow, in particular her reputation. She learned the Magic of Friendship in her school, but what about the other ponies in Ponyville or even anyone outside of Ponyville? Remember, Babs Seed isn't fond of her still.
  2. This is bias, but another Manehattan episode. More specifically, a Manehattan episode focused on the outer boroughs. NYC is more than Manhattan. The Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and the suburbs like Westchester and Nassau matter, too.

If I may politely ask if you wouldn't compare the plight of a pony to self-harm, as it is a very serious issue that millions of people face around the world. Luna might have issues... She's obviously very distressed about herself as Nightmare Moon, and she doesn't hold herself to very high esteem... but there's nothing that suggests she hurts/self-harms herself.  

With due respect, that won't happen. Luna's creation of the Tantabus as a means to harm herself and and the means she went to hide that fact is one of the most blatant allegories of self-harm that I've seen in a cartoon. Luna felt like she didn't get enough punishment for the evil she caused. The Tantabus was created not only to force her to deal with the emotional and mental pain every single time she went to sleep, but to also temporarily help escape her inability to self-forgive. As the growing bank worsened while she slept, she completely hid it in front of everyone, as if you don't even know about it.

When compared to real life, it's so much like cutting. Think of the Tantabus as an object that cuts the skin, yet within a character's conscience instead. Sometimes the mental pain can be so bad to deal with, some people with depression will cut themselves to help alleviate the mental pain. Many cutters hide their physical scars so extensively, you don't know they did it. One reason they don't tell anybody is they fear it will only cast a burden on the people around them and make themselves look weak. Luna didn't reveal her secret out of fear she'll be perceived as weak, too, and unfitting to help lead a kingdom.

If there's one thing I think many will agree with, it needs to be handled a hell of a lot better.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

The only time fanservice was a problem in season five was during Magic Sheep. (But to everyone out there, it's not fanpandering, because they have a plot purpose.) Otherwise, the fanservice wasn't a distraction. Slice of Life's fanservice was completely justified: The episode wasn't merely an excellent thank-you present to the fandom. It was also self-congratulatory; SoL made FIM the longest-running Hasbro production ever.

Oh no, it goes beyond those two episodes, it seems that every season more and more cockteasing of ships and BG pony memes are to rear it's ugly head to the point where it's just getting annoying, especially if we're getting entire episodes dedicated to pandering. 

Also, I never felt SoL's fanservice was justified at all. When I think of a possible scenario for a 100th episode, I think of a celebration of everything that made the show great, not a wankfest of BG ponies and memes, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks this. The episode has been divisive as fuck since its initial concept was first revealed. You can sing the praises of the episode all you want, but not everyone will agree, I still think it was a really lousy way to celebrate a milestone like 100 episodes

• Brohoof 1

Definitely want to see a Celestia episode. There's been two luna episodes now, and even sort of a Shining Armor/ Cadence episode, but still nothing more ground breaking for Tia other than the tiny role she played in Make New Friends But Keep Discord.

I want to see Starlight either take on a Discord-type role and only be in a handful of episodes, or pull a Sunset Shimmer and become independent of Twilight. I Lready fear that it could turn into "Starlight goes to do something, messes it up because she doesn't the first thing about friendship, Twilight steps in and cleans up mess". That's not what I want to see, Starligt needs to be her own character, not a less useful extension of Twilight.

If Trixie comes back, bonus points for having an epic Starlight Vs. Trixie showdown. For some odd reason I really want to see that.

Really wouldn't mind seeing a Zecora episode, either. She deserves one.

Other than that, keep doing what you're doing, writers. You've done well so far and have me waiting in anticipation for the new Season.

Agreeing with everyone who said a full Celestia episode. Ever since Twilight's ascention, she's felt even more sidelined than before. I also agree that Zecora needs more love. She got a little bit of a showing in Season 5 compared to the previous ones, but it's still not enough.

• Brohoof 1

-More about Starlight Glimmer (now that she's good, I'm really curious to see what she can do!)

-More worldbuilding (I wanna know more about Yakyakistan! And I still want Viking ponies with a Sleipnir expy or Mongolian/Hun Prewalski horses.)

-Cheese Sandwich returns

-Trixie returns

-Like many others, I want a Celestia episode. And I also want one for Zecora, and maybe one for Cheerilee as well.

- The return of Trixie (OH HELL YES!!)

- Time skip like in Digimon season 2 (Oh hell yes too!!)

- More Moondancer or Tree Hugger

- Possible Celestia episode

BUT the real question is...What will come of the CMC with their cutie marks now? Probably disbandment maybe? Or will they stay together or not?

Edited by MAIKUN

What I want from season 6:

Starlight Glimmer having a drastically different character arch than Sunset Shimmer and having to actually work for her redemption.

All of the mane 6 actually getting a good amount of screentime and development, so no one gets season 3 Rarity treatment.

New locations and new species.  More worldbuilding would be great.

Awesome new songs.

More development for the CMC and seeing what happens with them from here on now.

Scootaloos' family to actually exist.

Maybe seeing Scorpan.

Edited by cmarston1

1. Grogar for the season Finale villain
2. Katrina, King Charlatan or King Lavan for the season Premiere Villain.
3. Princess Skyla (the daughter of Shining Armor and Cadence) is finally introduced
4. More anime and pop culture references
5. Prince Blueblood returns
6. Trixie returns
7. History and facts about the Changelings
8. Vinyl Scratch speaks and her voice is like the one she had from Epic Wub Time.

Off the top of my head that's what I want.

• Brohoof 1