Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have a special somepony?

Ravendash98

Special somepony is equal to significant other, so a boy/girlfriend.

If you had read any post in this thread, it might have been obvious.

Chill brosef, 99% of the world don't call it special somepony, could have been referring to the pony version of a Waifu for all I know, don't have time to be going through 6 pages of text , thanks for clearing it up though ubt is there any difference between a special somepony and an actual relationship or is it just some brony lingo? 

Answering the actual OP though I work with a girl who I flirt with everyday, does that count? Lmao but nah ain't had anything super serious in a few years kinda overrated anyway if you ask me 

Edited by Jestwinged

Chill brosef, 99% of the world don't call it special somepony, could have been referring to the pony version of a Waifu for all I know, don't have time to be going through 6 pages of text , thanks for clearing it up though ubt is there any difference between a special somepony and an actual relationship or is it just some brony lingo? 

All I'm saying is that if you comment on a thread, you may at least read the opening post and a few answers before asking a question like that. 

It's equivalent to a relationship, just brony lingo.

• Brohoof 1

Still single for 22 years now.

I'm actually not even sure if I want one. It could go all :pinkie::love::wub::squee:  but it can also go all :=: :okiedokielokie: :(:sunny: .

I saw good and bad relationships already in life, no matter if off or online.

I ... just dunno. Never even had somepony saying they love me(Except two male users here XD). Mayby I have too high expectations? Looking for the wrong gender? Mayby I'm just not attractive or living too far away? I dunno exactly.

I'm not even sure if I could handle it. Well, I'm still living, so who knows? Mayby I find one tomorrow? Or in 20 years? Dunno, guess we wait and see, because for asking out I'm too shy.

• Brohoof 2

thanks for clearing it up though ubt is there any difference between a special somepony and an actual relationship or is it just some brony lingo?

You can learn more about the differences from this show called Friendship is Magic.

Edited by Silver Letter

You can learn more about the differences from this show called Friendship is Magic.

What differences? This post is about if we have a special somepony, I asked if it was the same as a relationship or different and was told it was the same, how would watching the show make a difference?  

Still single for 22 years now.

I'm actually not even sure if I want one. It could go all :pinkie::love::wub::squee:  but it can also go all :=: :okiedokielokie: :(:sunny: .

I saw good and bad relationships already in life, no matter if off or online.

I ... just dunno. Never even had somepony saying they love me(Except two male users here XD). Mayby I have too high expectations? Looking for the wrong gender? Mayby I'm just not attractive or living too far away? I dunno exactly.

I'm not even sure if I could handle it. Well, I'm still living, so who knows? Mayby I find one tomorrow? Or in 20 years? Dunno, guess we wait and see, because for asking out I'm too shy.

"Never having someone saying they love you" and having two guys telling you that doesn't really make sense. If you don't actively pursue a relationship by going out to parties in order to meet people or try finding a person on some kind of dating site, chances are you won't magically find someone; it may still happen but that would be purely luck-based. 

The "wrong" gender part doesn't really make sense to me. You can't influence what you're attracted to; if you're not into guys, you're not into guys and pursuing a relationship with a guy trying to force yourself to like him won't end well for both sides. Considering most bronies  and most people you casually meet on the internet are male, your chances are a lot lower to find a possible partner who's also interested in you.

If you're like me and not too much interested in long-distance relationships, you'll probably have an even harder time to find someone that lives relatively close to you.

After all the discouraging words, you might as well eventually encounter a person who you like and who shares those feelings. Who knows, it might just happen when you don't expect it or are looking for it at all. I wish you luck in your pursuit :3 

"Never having someone saying they love you" and having two guys telling you that doesn't really make sense. If you don't actively pursue a relationship by going out to parties in order to meet people or try finding a person on some kind of dating site, chances are you won't magically find someone; it may still happen but that would be purely luck-based. 

The "wrong" gender part doesn't really make sense to me. You can't influence what you're attracted to; if you're not into guys, you're not into guys and pursuing a relationship with a guy trying to force yourself to like him won't end well for both sides. Considering most bronies  and most people you casually meet on the internet are male, your chances are a lot lower to find a possible partner who's also interested in you.

If you're like me and not too much interested in long-distance relationships, you'll probably have an even harder time to find someone that lives relatively close to you.

After all the discouraging words, you might as well eventually encounter a person who you like and who shares those feelings. Who knows, it might just happen when you don't expect it or are looking for it at all. I wish you luck in your pursuit :3 

Thanks for bringing my mood further down :3

nah, I know if I not go somewhere or something that chances are low, that makes it even harder for me, I know that. I'm just not strong enough to go to a girl and ask her out. Besides no girl really seemed interesting to me so far.

He said that he has never had people say that they love him or her apart from two users on this forum. Actually alot of relationship develop from friendships and people who pursue people just to gain a relationship often end up without one and end up coming off as desperate. Yeah you can't choose who you are attracted to but bisexual people can be fluid in what they prefer at different stages in their life. Don't think it is our place as internet strangers to be telling people what to do in their personal relationship lives though  

Edited by Jestwinged

Thanks for bringing my mood further down :3

nah, I know if I not go somewhere or something that chances are low, that makes it even harder for me, I know that. I'm just not strong enough to go to a girl and ask her out. Besides no girl really seemed interesting to me so far.

Yeah, I'm sorry, I guess :P

It's basically like Jestwinged put it, relationships usually evolve from casually getting to know people. Actively pursuing one makes people seem desperate and in my opinion less desirable; that's only me though. It's hard to find someone you actually get along with enough to consider a relationship with them. It takes me a lot of time to get to know someone that well.

He said that he has never had people say that they love him or her apart from two users on this forum. Actually alot of relationship develop from friendships and people who pursue people just to gain a relationship often end up without one and end up coming off as desperate. Yeah you can't choose who you are attracted to but bisexual people can be fluid in what they prefer at different stages in their life. Don't think it is our place as internet strangers to be telling people what to do in their personal relationship lives though  

Well, having two people tell you they love you technically isn't none ^^ 

He isn't bisexual though or at least identifies as heterosexual for the time being. Trying to force yourself to like someone simply doesn't work.

Giving some advice or sharing your opinion on something should be allowed, though.

What differences? This post is about if we have a special somepony, I asked if it was the same as a relationship or different and was told it was the same, how would watching the show make a difference?  

A special somepony is one pony liking another from the episode, "Hearts and Hooves day". Bronies didn't make it up.

Never had a special somepony. Ever. Had a couple of flings, but that's all that they were, quick flings.

If anyone thinks that they can, well, "fix me up" so to say, can they inform me.

Quick bio: I'm creative, sensitive, pretty lonely, honest, I have a few quirks here and there, I'm a loud laugher, actually pretty loud overall, love animals, pretty strange overall as well, just the kind of guy that doesn't really get girls.

I know, I'm pathetically desperate resorting to a FORUM to find me a special someone. :(

Never had a special somepony. Ever. Had a couple of flings, but that's all that they were, quick flings.

If anyone thinks that they can, well, "fix me up" so to say, can they inform me.

Quick bio: I'm creative, sensitive, pretty lonely, honest, I have a few quirks here and there, I'm a loud laugher, actually pretty loud overall, love animals, pretty strange overall as well, just the kind of guy that doesn't really get girls.

I know, I'm pathetically desperate resorting to a FORUM to find me a special someone. :(

You're 18, give it some time and patience :P

You'll eventually get someone; maybe if you least expect it.

• Brohoof 1

You're 18, give it some time and patience :P

You'll eventually get someone; maybe if you least expect it.

I know, I'm still young. But still, It would be nice to find a girl that has the same interests and quirks as me. Besides, I'm better at getting girl friends rather than girlfriends, if you can understand that.

I know, I'm still young. But still, It would be nice to find a girl that has the same interests and quirks as me. Besides, I'm better at getting girl friends rather than girlfriends, if you can understand that.

I get what you mean, not that I can relate to it because I've never got any female friends.

Can you see yourself going from this friendship to something more? Or do feel like it's really only on a platonic level?

I get what you mean, not that I can relate to it because I've never got any female friends.

Can you see yourself going from this friendship to something more? Or do feel like it's really only on a platonic level?

Typically, if I become friends with a girl, I usually hope for the best, but end up realizing that staying friends is the best thing for myself and the lady. Besides, I just assume that every girl I'm friends with has a boyfriend/girlfriend, so I never think about it.

Typically, if I become friends with a girl, I usually hope for the best, but end up realizing that staying friends is the best thing for myself and the lady. Besides, I just assume that every girl I'm friends with has a boyfriend/girlfriend, so I never think about it.

Fair enough, I don't have any advice for that. I lack knowledge about all this stuff anyway.

I do ^^ we met here on the forums about fourteen months ago , we message everyday due to us living about five hours away from each other x)

I also have my wonderful giant pinkie pie plushie :D

• Brohoof 1

c6ad1e500a7bb77587a29760eae448a9339b491b

Nope. Forever alone as of the moment.

Going to gain my wizardhood in a couple of months when I hit 30. Never had a relationship and only been on one date. I do want a GF and eventually get married and have kids, but my personality is too boring and I'm not exactly prince charming, so it doesn't look like that's on the cards.

Oh and I'm 29, kissless virgin, so the whole "wait for the right one" thing is a farce, those of you who are younger, ignore anyone who gives you that advice.

At least I still have my 2D waifus.

Edited by Shargrath
  • Brohoof 4

Not at this moment no, and Im honestly fine with it staying that way. I used to be someone who sought love in any place I could find it until recently, now I'm perfectly satisfied no matter what my relationship status is. I prefer to just go with the flow.