Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Season 6 Confirmed for Spring + Information on Princess Flurry Heart

Zerbu

I like Flurry Heart's design, though it is strange that she is born an Alicorn. I actually like the idea of another Alicorn. I don't think five is too many. I am just confused about her being born one, so hopefully season 6 will explain that.

maybe they will explain where celestia and luna come from seeing that allicorns can be born.

I just hope the rapid approach of a new season doesn't mean they rushed through creating this season. I'm a little bit apprehensive.

I think I got a reasonable explanation of why the short time between S5 finale and S6: I think it has to do with the production time of the episodes, not when they air. I'm sure we had hiatuses in every season, but they mostly had their weekly air time uninterrupted. Unlike S5, which suffered from a 2 week hiatus, later a 3 week hiatus, and then A WHOLE SUMMER-LONG ASS HIATUS  :angry: . Yeah, it stopped the airing during that period, but it didn't stopped the production of S6 episodes of horses. If S5 was aired smoothly, you might see that the time between seasons would've  roughly the same 

• Brohoof 2

I had to hide a few posts as the topic was veering off track. Please keep the discussion towards the point of the topic please. :)

• Brohoof 3

I fully expected Shining and Cadence's foal to be an alicorn, so seeing Princess Flurry Heart wasn't a big surprise. She seems cute ")

I mean- generally, ponies work towards the status of Alicornhood. They are not just born as Alicorns.

Nope. In the Journal of the Two Sisters it's stated that there is such thing as naturally born Alicorns, and according to Lauren Faust Luna and Celestia were naturally born (at least in her book).

Something does feel kinda off about Flurry Heart though. TBH, i'm more concerned about her MASSIVE wings and powers than anything else. Remember that episode where Pinkie Pie had to babysit the Cakes foals? They were a handful for Pinkie, and they were only a pegasus and unicorn, imagine how difficult and Alicorn foal would be to handle?

Is anyone Else Hyped Because I'm Hyped!

In Terms of Flurry Heart, I'm concerned she's going to be used as a sole plot device, be seen in the 2 part episode, and never seen again.

It Feels Quite Off For me, But, We can only Speculate!

Fingers Crossed she isn't used to solely sell toys :( 

But Still! News is News!

CHOO CHOO :D

sig-4354317.hype_train__level_2__by_chri

Edited by Frozen The Unicorn

Nope. In the Journal of the Two Sisters it's stated that there is such thing as naturally born Alicorns, and according to Lauren Faust Luna and Celestia were naturally born (at least in her book).  

Oh- sorry about that. I haven't actually read the Journal of the Two Sisters. Maybe I should.

I don't know if I should be annoyed or excited. I guess I'll be excited, so long as the baby doesn't become some big, recurring character that won't go away. (Lookin' at you, Discord. :okiedokielokie: )

I guess she'll show up as much as their parents from now on. I don't think she'll be more than a minor appearance other than her debut though, like the Cake Twins 

Since the show has hardly explained alicorns, and Shining Armor and Cadance have too little presence in the show, having an alicorn baby feels more arbitrary than it should.

Who else could it be? Twilight  :dash: ? The fandom freaked out for having as little as a love interest already  :lol:

third, how long before the doomsaying? Or has it already started?

I legitimately laughed and coffee shot out my nose. That does seem to be the trend with these things doesn't it? We'll get a lot of doomsaying before the episode then when it comes out suddenly everyone will be tolerant of it and move on to the next thing that'll "kill" the fandom. By my calculations the fandom should have died like 5 times by now.

Cadence an Shining Armor's relationship is very chess piece storytelling. We are introduced to them, already  in love, and they get married in the same episode. Then we only seem them once working as a team in the season 3 primer and in season 4 we always see them apart never together and 5 we them together again only to announce they have a foal on the way. So please enlighten me as into way I should be invested into this new princess we are getting.

Edit: And the name oh my , that is worse than Skyla. Heck Flurry Heart is a Care Bare's name not a ponies name.....yes I went there.

Edited by COBLoneWolf
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I'm certainly glad we aren't getting another year long hiatus. Also, Flurry Heart has some HUGE WINGS!

Im more curious as to how things are inevitably going to go horribly wrong, since I doubt they'd have a 2 parter ENTIRELY about a baby being born.

My bet is the baby gets kidnapped or something. Anypony else have some ideas?

Does anyone see Starlight in the new clip? Because I sure don't. :D

I do believe the question of whether she'll be the mane seventh or not has just been answered. If Starlight was indeed a main character, there would be no reason whatsoever for her not to be present at such event where Twilight meets her new niece.

Well to be fair, Spike isn't there either, and also, I doubt Shining Armor and Cadence know Starlight very well, so if they were inviting ponies to see their newborn foal, I imagine Starlight wouldn't be one of those ponies.

Edited by NeonCobalt

I legitimately laughed and coffee shot out my nose. That does seem to be the trend with these things doesn't it? We'll get a lot of doomsaying before the episode then when it comes out suddenly everyone will be tolerant of it and move on to the next thing that'll "kill" the fandom. By my calculations the fandom should have died like 5 times by now.

Well, unfortunately, the fandom won't last much longer, brony doomsday is near. I've just discovered that Flurry Heart is actually a biological weapon developed to kill bronies with DIABEETUS 

maybe they will explain where celestia and luna come from seeing that allicorns can be born.

The Journal mentions what is now Canterlot, used to be inhabited ONLY by alicorns, in fact, Celly and Luna are from that town

I'm hoping that with the birth of the baby alicorn, maybe season six will go into depth about the history of alicorns.  I'd really like a backstory on Celestia and Luna.  I've always been interested in where they come from, and are their other alicorns out there protecting other worlds?  Also, are baby Flurry Heart's wings rather large? 

The Journal mentions what is now Canterlot, used to be inhabited ONLY by alicorns, in fact, Celly and Luna are from that town

It wasn't even stated to be a town yet. They were only the hills of Canterlot, and according to Rogers who wrote the book her understanding was that Canterlot the city was only made after the whole NMM incident, when Celestia looked to find another place to live.

This is all I have to contribute to the topic:

attachicon.giftumblr_o1vjxy3xMK1rpb34po1_1280.png

Even the darn show admits this is an abomination.

I sincerely hope that they do something where the baby is actually a bad thing. She is disproportionate, which makes me hopeful that she is defective in some way. Also, the sisters don't look happy about it, so that too.

Ever since I learned that born Alicorns exist, I calmed down a bit, but I am still very concerned about her potentially being a Mary Sue. Also, it's worth noting that even though born Alicorns exist, being an Alicorn does not mean inherently royal or powerful. The 4 Princesses are special, even among Alicorns, and every single one of them had to do great things and prove themselves before earning the title of Princess. Born royalty is inherently against one of MLPs underlying themes about strong, self-made females doing great things.

It wasn't even stated to be a town yet. They were only the hills of Canterlot, and according to Rogers who wrote the book her understanding was that Canterlot the city was only made after the whole NMM incident, when Celestia looked to find another place to live.

Yeah, I just didn't feel like writing "what is now Canterlot" again  :lol: . I wanted to get straight to the point for laziness  :P

Even the darn show admits this is an abomination.

I sincerely hope that they do something where the baby is actually a bad thing. She is disproportionate, which makes me hopeful that she is defective in some way. Also, the sisters don't look happy about it, so that too.

Ever since I learned that born Alicorns exist, I calmed down a bit, but I am still very concerned about her potentially being a Mary Sue. Also, it's worth noting that even though born Alicorns exist, being an Alicorn does not mean inherently royal or powerful. The 4 Princesses are special, even among Alicorns, and every single one of them had to do great things and prove themselves before earning the title of Princess. Born royalty is inherently against one of MLPs underlying themes about strong, self-made females doing great things.

Well, first, all pony babies are disproportionate, hay, even school-age foals are kinda disproportionate. Second, I don't think we'll actually see her doing great things because she'll still be a baby by the show's end. Besides, if she were to be a princess and stuff, I'm sure her parents will provide some strict tutoring so she can take their place :fluttershy:  

Personally, I can't but see a super powerful baby, if she does turn out that way, to be more of a deus ex machina than a Mary Sue (kind of like Togepi from the original Pokemon series). Unless she goes Renesmee from Twilight and suddenly grows up or is able to communicate just fine, she'll still only be a baby which to me tend to feel more like props than characters.

Edited by Marimo

Yeah, I just didn't feel like writing "what is now Canterlot" again :lol: . I wanted to get straight to the point for laziness :P

Well, first, all pony babies are disproportionate, hay, even school-age foals are kinda disproportionate. Second, I don't think we'll actually see her doing great things because she'll still be a baby by the show's end. Besides, if she were to be a princess and stuff, I'm sure her parents will provide some strict tutoring so she can take their place :fluttershy:

But the issue I have is that the other 4 Princesses did things before they were ever considered a Princess, and this was because there was always a spirit of female self-empowerment in this show. Being a born Princess brings up archaic ideals of being born great, rather than making your own greatness.

Personally, I can't but see a super powerful baby, if she does turn out that way, to be more of a deus ex machina than a Mary Sue (kind of like Togepi from the original Pokemon series). Unless she goes Renesmee from Twilight and suddenly grows up or is able to communicate just fine, she'll still only be a baby which to me tend to feel more like props than characters.

This is my fear. Powerful babies historically only become a moving plot device. There isn't much characterization you can do, so they just kind of drift through the plot doing what the plot needs them to. They're a Mary Sue, MacGuffin, and Deus Ex Machina all in one (I'm looking at YOU Poof).

Glad to see somebody else was thinking the same thing. And the writers were forced  to include this fruitcake.

• Brohoof 1

But the issue I have is that the other 4 Princesses did things before they were ever considered a Princess, and this was because there was always a spirit of female self-empowerment in this show. Being a born Princess brings up archaic ideals of being born great, rather than making your own greatness.

Well, you got a point here, as MCFlurry is the first pony to be BORN into ruling royalty. I dunno how they'll handle that, but I have confidence she won't be getting any power in silver plate as she grows up

But the issue I have is that the other 4 Princesses did things before they were ever considered a Princess, and this was because there was always a spirit of female self-empowerment in this show

Celestia and Luna didn't actually do anything first to become princesses. Them being alicorns was enough in everyone else's eyes to make them princesses.

• Brohoof 2

Celestia and Luna didn't actually do anything first to become princesses. Them being alicorns was enough in everyone else's eyes to make them princesses.

IIRC, not everybody accepted them. Solid chunks of the population either followed their own rulers, or wanted nothing to do with the sisters. So they had to prove themselves to rule ALL of Equestria. To prove they had that role to everypony.