Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Season 6 Confirmed for Spring + Information on Princess Flurry Heart

Zerbu

Discovery Family released a game of Thrones intro style teaser for S6. It's good, but not as good as the fan made one from a few years ago. Looks like Discovery Family is finally figuring out how to advertise their best show, like The Hub did.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/video/little-pony-friendship-magic-season-155627390.html

Well THAT was pretty interesting!  (Hopefully it's not a fake teaser - I couldn't get the Yahoo one to work and and to go to YouTube....)

Y'know, I actually wouldn't mind if they made something like this for the official title sequence for just this season, since it follows the "Explore Equestria" theme.

I wonder if they gave us a hint at the main villain for S6:

post-25740-0-01095800-1457384112_thumb.jpg

It would be interesting if it was indeed Spike's dad, he's a villain because he's pissed off over the ponies having his son all this time....

Still, I've got a feeling that Starlight will betray the Mane Six by joining Sunburst by collecting a baby's power in order to revive Starswirl the Bearded a la Kaibutsu-kun...Don't get me wrong I HAVE watched that drama before...This is much like when the Demon-clan are collecting every human's desire so Demorina can revive Demokin again...Yep it might be like Kaibutsu-kun alright...Or more like an actual Darker and Edgier story-arc in here!

One can hope. Have her steal baby fartface's magic, and betray everypony. eh, eh?

One can hope. Have her steal baby fartface's magic, and betray everypony. eh, eh?

I wouldn't count on it, after the finale for S6 the odds of Starlight being anything but super good forever are effectively nil, IMO. At best we'll have a 5 second long discord style betrayal before she realizes she's wrong and saves everyone at the end.

Well THAT was pretty interesting!  (Hopefully it's not a fake teaser - I couldn't get the Yahoo one to work and and to go to YouTube....)

Y'know, I actually wouldn't mind if they made something like this for the official title sequence for just this season, since it follows the "Explore Equestria" theme.

I wonder if they gave us a hint at the main villain for S6:

attachicon.gifS6GoT.jpg

It would be interesting if it was indeed Spike's dad, he's a villain because he's pissed off over the ponies having his son all this time....

I wouldn't count on it, that's most probably just something scribbled on there to look cool :P

Though, I do think we will probably have another episode with spike visiting or interacting with other dragons.

I wouldn't count on it, after the finale for S6 the odds of Starlight being anything but super good forever are effectively nil, IMO. At best we'll have a 5 second long discord style betrayal before she realizes she's wrong and saves everyone at the end.

I wouldn't count on it, that's most probably just something scribbled on there to look cool :P

Though, I do think we will probably have another episode with spike visiting or interacting with other dragons.

And there comes reality a-knockin'

Well, this derailed into a character bash thread pretty quickly...  Not that I've come to expect differently.

Well, I would be more interested to see a villain that stuck around beyond the premiere.  It probably won't happen, but seeing the mane six deal with a major threat to Equestria for more than two episodes, while still dealing with slice-of-life issues would provide an opportunity to develop the characters even further (balancing their personal lives with their duties for one thing).

Edited by SBaby

Well, this derailed into a character bash thread pretty quickly...

Well, I would be more interested to see a villain that stuck around beyond the premiere.  It probably won't happen, but seeing the mane six deal with a major threat to Equestria for more than two episodes, while still dealing with slice-of-life issues would provide an opportunity to develop the characters even further (balancing their personal lives with their duties for one thing).

I've come to expect that at this at this point. Not to mention so far it's a double-whammy. Flurry Heart and Starlight Glimmer? Yikes.

I've already said my piece; I don't have much of a problem with Flurry Heart and I absolutely love everything about Starlight's character. I don't have a single issue with her at all.

So, for this reason, I'm very hyped for Season 6. They've completely shattered expectations with Season 5 and, in my personal opinion, introduced the best characters out of any season (Starlight Glimmer, Sassy Saddles, Minuette (she actually became a fleshed out character), Moondancer, Coloratura, etc.)

They also touched upon more complex and real issues no other similarly-targeted show would even dare to touch, with death, self-punishment, very extreme disappointment, coming to terms with your true identity.

And the Slice of Life episode, which is a very split subject among the fandom, but nevertheless had genuine and great intentions (I enjoyed the episode.. yeah, I realize at this point it sounds like I'm easily pleased).

Animation-wise, there definitely was a lot more fluid animation than previous season, fantastic lighting, and even more great facial expressions.

Awesome songs too, and some of them were really impactful and filled with emotion (Magic Inside).

At this point I'm just gushing, my apologies. Suffice to say, I'm very excited for what they have in store for us! ^u^

I hope I'm not the only one who thought Flurry Heart's uncontrollable sneeze LAZAAAAR on the Crystal Castle was hilarious.

Despite your opinion of her, ya gotta admit that was pretty funny.

Edited by Mr. Mustang

sig-4350063.f2339f.pngYay, because that's Hasbro. But if in season 6 they will tell more abut Equestria origing and stories, what they will show in season 7?.. Somethig like behind the equestria?.

More adventures and more background ponies, obviously. :)

But in all seriousness, now it's less than a month away and we don't even know much about the upcoming season (the premiere is pretty much the only thing we've even caught a glimpse of), let alone whether it's gonna be the last. So I'm gonna take that whole "Season 6 is the last" with a grain of salt. 

I am excited for the new season.  I was actually expecting the baby to be an Alicorn since Cadence is one.  I also don't think it will affect the show much, maybe the first couple of episodes when she's born, but after that, I believe it will go back to focusing on the Mane 6.  She is a cute one, though.

• Brohoof 1