Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Season 6 Confirmed for Spring + Information on Princess Flurry Heart

Zerbu

Don't know why, but I think they are going to split it in half like season 5. Btw great news! :D

They aren't gonna split it in half again.
  • Brohoof 1

Yes! There's a word for the sixth season this spring 2016 as today plus Princess Cadence's royal foal has revealed as a new alicorn (winged unicorn) named "Princess Flurry", and now we have five alicorns in Equestria as of January 2016!

Also, Happy Thursday! :D

Anyways, just in case.

Just saw the teaser footage, Cadence and the other Princesses seem not happy about the baby. What's up with that?

Good point! Perhaps Flurry Heart's alicorn status is the major topic of the premier.

Anyways, just in case.

Just saw the teaser footage, Cadence and the other Princesses seem not happy about the baby. What's up with that?

She's probably exhausted from taking care of the baby. Same with Shining Armor.

It's a perfectly normal thing to see a couple like that after having newborns

Edited by Megas

Oh, okay. That explains her mane is messed up there. And here I thought she was disappointed or something. I Kind of like Flurry, she's adorbz!

If this is going to be a 2 part season premiere, I'm guessing there's more to this apart from baby Flurry. Though I could be wrong. :|

I am uncomfortable with Flurry Heart being both a Princess and an Alicorn from birth. I thought the significance behind the honorific was  being an emblem to either a celestial orb or a representing a particular quality such as love or friendship, not hereditary. Seriously, that dynastic un-modern bullshit was eradicated after Equestria was founded so it's disappointing to see another alicorn shoehorned in just for product placement/merchandising. Sorry, Flurry, but your alicorn mother and aunt were born pegasus and unicorn respectively and needed to work towards their status.

I seriously think that the Sparkle lineage is too illustrious, what with three Princesses, two of which are in the extended family and one Captain of the Royal Guard. Yet, Twilight Velvet and Night Light have not had a single spoken appearance, they must be so proud...

Please don't let the newborn be the driving plot of the first episode, especially after The Cutie Map. I really hope that the show does what it does best and continues to improve upon Season 5 and STOP marginalizing the Mane 5 in the finales. Magical Mystery Cure, Twilight's Kingdom and The Cutie Re-mark, all exceptional episodes, were all soloed by Twilight (and Spike). Continue expanding upon Equestria's mythology and world-building, the nuanced characterization (Applejack finally broke out of her stereotype with Coloratura), the ever improving animation, humour, pace and dialogue.

It's been a phenomenal run so far, so don't regress.

• Brohoof 2

sig-4349888.516f4e.pngBeautiful and cute ^_^. No hate, more new intresting and funny ^_^. Also maybe everyting will happen after some month after time crash, but yay, that's magical horses :D.

I actually thought the site added new emoticons you use them so fluently

anyway im pretty happy about mlp now YAAY =)=)=)=)=)  :pinkie:  :pinkie:  :pinkie:  :pinkie:  cant wait for seasno 6 =)=)=)<3

I hate spoilers. Especially those plastered on my facebook page. Thanks, Hasbro. Might as well tell us how the season finale ends while you're at it! :diamondtiara:

I guess season 6 is coming early? So it meant that they had season 5 finished for some time but just didn't release it when they could have, at least in any reasonable time frame.

The forum seems split on whether the adult-style eyes are good or bad. I much prefer the so-called "beady' eyes of Pumpkin and Pound cake rather than what they did here with Flurry and her adult-style eyes, but ah well.

As for the huge wings, I feel like this is going to be something key to her storyline, like maybe Cadence will be concerned her child will get picked on because of her freakishly huge wings. I smell an opportunity for Scootaloo to help out here... :squee:

I'm more surprised they decided to fully reveal her now, considering how much trouble they went through with that S5 poster to hide the CMC's cutie marks. You would think teasing us with what she looks like would garner more interest, but maybe with marketing already putting out the merch it wasn't practical?

OMG! A first born Alicorn on screen! :o  Everything Twilight has done to archieve that alicornhood, and now i witness an alicornhood by birth...  :confused: I dont know what i feel right now. This will be a controversial decision that may divide the fandom again  :blink: . The flame is coming, someone will make a fuss about that. 

She's adorable, but another alicorn?

Anyways, just in case.

Good point! Perhaps Flurry Heart's alicorn status is the major topic of the premier.

This fact is my only hope. The only way I'll be able to sit well with this is if the show itself treats the issue with concern, or fear. Because everything, including the writers themselves, implied that Tia and Luna are the only born Alicorns. Cheapening the significance of being an Alicorn is something that really ticks me off.

That said, I really hope that Tia and Luna are concerned (the clip implies this). If the show itself treats the issue as if Alicorns being born is an unnatural occurrence, then it's alright. Because being an Alicorn has always been depicted as something that needs to be earned, and a status that means a role  that is necessary for Equestria. Having a character just being born with that kind of importance just cheapens it, in addition to taking a dump on the lore.

Everyone is thinking of dumbo with her misproportionate eyes, horn, and wings, and how cute it is. But nobody has really noted the possibility that something might be gravely wrong here. Something is wrong with that baby, and if Tia and Luna's look is anything to go by, something is amiss.

An Alicorn baby can be forgiven if the show itself treats it as what it is- an abomination, unnatural. But if she's just a normal Alicorn, it cheapens the Alicorn status, and just adds another super-powerful, super-important pony because money.

And to everyone saying "Dumbo??" I really hope it's otherwise. Bullying and insecurity have been done in this show. That plot has been done in this show. More than once. It's even worse if they do a dumbo type thing.

In short, they can potentially fix the garbage Hasbro threw at them. But only if they do some plot that involves her birth being an anomaly or unnatural. Or an omen. i would accept the idea that she's an omen too (unless they make her "the Chosen One". A "Chosen One" plot is pretty much going to kill the show to me.)

• Brohoof 3

SPOILER ALERT!!! Look at this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Xvnqi1b_c

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/01/my-little-pony-season-6-in-spring.html I found the link to the new trailer with the new princess. I like the new baby. I don't think people should complain about her being a princess and an alicorn like they did with Twilight. The show handled Twilight as a princess wonderfully and I am SURE they will do the same for this character. Now we can find out more about Alicorns like if they live forever etc too. 
  • Brohoof 1

SPOILER ALERT!!! Look at this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Xvnqi1b_c

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/01/my-little-pony-season-6-in-spring.html I found the link to the new trailer with the new princess. I like the new baby. I don't think people should complain about her being a princess and an alicorn like they did with Twilight. The show handled Twilight as a princess wonderfully and I am SURE they will do the same for this character. Now we can find out more about Alicorns like if they live forever etc too. 

Being a Princess of Equestria should be earned, not given. She needs to do great things before she deserves Alicorn status, let alone Royal status.

The Book of the Two Sisters mentioned a tribe of born Alicorns, so I guess I'm a bit over the Alicorn part. But she should be in a lower class of Alicorns. She is not on the same level as Tia, Luna, Twi, and Cadence - or shouldn't be. All of them worked hard to earn the title of Princess of Equestria. Also, she should just be a normal pony who happens to be an Alicorn. Nothing special about her- or even better, something is wrong with her. Because adding a new super powerful character with an important role is horrid.

Celly's and Luna's expressions are kinda worrisome. I'd understand Cadance's and Shining Armor's, but the royal sisters? it's not like they gave birth to Flurry. I hope having an alicorn-born foal in Equestria since forever does not cause trouble later  

Being a Princess of Equestria should be earned, not given. She needs to do great things before she deserves Alicorn status, let alone Royal status.

The Book of the Two Sisters mentioned a tribe of born Alicorns, so I guess I'm a bit over the Alicorn part. But she should be in a lower class of Alicorns. She is not on the same level as Tia, Luna, Twi, and Cadence - or shouldn't be. All of them worked hard to earn the title of Princess of Equestria. Also, she should just be a normal pony who happens to be an Alicorn. Nothing special about her- or even better, something is wrong with her. Because adding a new super powerful character with an important role is horrid.

I'm certainly for her having to learn morals before having royal duties or being addressed as Princess. Right now she is only royal because she is related to Cadence. Remember how after Shinning was made Prince Twilight was still a "normal pony"? They could do something like that. Or the new baby would have the same position as Prince Blueblood who holds a royal title but does nothing royal. Also we don't really know what her power level is. She may be weaker because of her genes for all we know. 

Edited by StitchandMLPlover