Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Who's your fictional hero?

crispy fries

Superman, Batman, Captain Britain, Union Jack, The Punisher, The Flash, Spyro the dragon, One Punch Man and Akame (Akame Ga Kill)

As for ponies/EG, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Sunset SHimmer

Edited by Adam Burt

This is actually a question I've longed struggled with. It bothers me that I know what's wrong with me and I can point to plenty of characters who I am akin to and not in positive ways, but I am much less able to identify characters I aspire to be because they represent better aspects of me. When asking who is your hero? The question isn't just a character you like but one whom you look up to, attempt to emulate, see something of yourself in them that they are the apotheosis of.

To me, there is no easy answer to that question. Gun to my head, I would say the closest thing is Don Quixotecompletely devoted to his ideals and often clueless of social situations, both aspects of myself, but he at least got shit done! Which is more than what I can say for me. More distantly, by a lightyear, is Cyrano de Bergerac. Intelligent, charming, skilled, witty, poetic, nearly everything I am not but admire greatly.

On the show, I would actually say Pinkie Pie. I identify with her optimism but damn if that pony is not a hard worker, whereas my greatest sin that I struggle (and often loose to) is sloth.

Edited by Steel Accord

I thought about this question for quite a while. I'm leaning toward Jolee Bindo from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. He will never save the galaxy, and he knows this. He isn't trying to. But he's seen a lot in his long life, and developed wisdom that the Jedi council will never grasp. His only wish is that whoever does save the galaxy be a wiser man. To this end, he's not afraid to stand toe to toe with a Jedi, the self-proclaimed heroes of the galaxy, and tell them that they are wrong.

The world's greatest villains were all heroes in their own respective circles. It takes a wise, brave man to tell a hero that they are wrong.

• Brohoof 1

Commisar Ciaphas Cain, Hero of the Imperium (Warhammer 40000). An antihero who thinks about his own survival first, and could be easily labelled a coward compared to the usual "big frakking heroes" like Superman. Yet despite his reluctancy to putting himself in danger in favour of enjoying good wine and pleasant company, he can do outright heroic deeds if the situation demands it. He's not a cardboard cutout - he has real emotions, including fears, yet he can conquer them in order to get stuff done like a true Hero of the Imperium.

It's not about being fearless, but managing to overcome fear.

• Brohoof 3

But he's seen a lot in his long life, and developed wisdom that the Jedi council will never grasp.

:okiedokielokie:  I'll let this slide because I agree with everything else you said. It does take a hero to tell the hero he is wrong. See Shakespeare's Corialanus.

Commisar Ciaphas Cain, Hero of the Imperium (Warhammer 40000). An antihero who thinks about his own survival first, and could be easily labelled a coward compared to the usual "big frakking heroes" like Superman. Yet despite his reluctancy to putting himself in danger in favour of enjoying good wine and pleasant company, he can do outright heroic deeds if the situation demands it. He's not a cardboard cutout - he has real emotions, including fears, yet he can conquer them in order to get stuff done like a true Hero of the Imperium.

It's not about being fearless, but managing to overcome fear.

Actually, I would argue Cain is one of the only true heroes in that setting, exactly FOR those qualities you mentioned. Cowardly, and really only in the sense that he feels fear, as he is, he is not corrupt, unfair, wrathful, or prejudicial.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

Accelerator and Kamijou Touma from A Certain Magical Index. Accelerator because he acts tough and doesn't take shit from people, yet he's still fundamentally a good guy, and Touma because he stops at nothing to help his friends, or even complete strangers if he has to, despite knowing he'll probably end up severely hurt.

• Brohoof 1

Cthulhu is my fictional hero.  Granted, he's not very good at hero-ing; can't so much as be bothered to get out of his tomb most days.  Fact is, he's rather more villainous than he is heroic.  But I think he'd be very good with issues like population control and...  Mostly that.  And he'd go about things indiscriminately.  That's more than I could say for some.

• Brohoof 3