Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you still a brony?

kanwe yest

Are you still a brony?  

117 users have voted

1. 1. Are you still a brony? (BE HONEST)

• Yes
    • I don't watch the show, but I still call myself a brony.
    • Just gonna finish the final season, then I'm done,
    • No

I used to be, but now I don't consider myself one, especially after the colossal disaster that was the Season 5 finale. 

What pulled me in what this delightful charm the show seemed to have. I have no idea how to describe it, it was just a feel-good feeling. But the entire time I considered myself a brony, I enjoyed the show, but there was always something about it that didn't sit right with me.

After re-watching some episodes, the problems with each became more and more clear and it makes me wonder why people think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. The funny thing is, a lot of problems I had with the first 3 seasons vanished in Season 4, and Season 4 brought on 1 big problem that affected multiple episodes, which then carried into Season 5 but wasn't as big of a deal, and Season 5 has its own problems to deal with. 

The show is enjoyable on the majority, but it has a lot of major glaring problems that people seem to not notice or not care about (and this counts for all 5 seasons). I'm not necessarily one of those over-analyzers that nit-picks the show every time something doesn't go their way, but If you're curious and want me to elaborate more, PM me and we'll talk from there.

You can have an opinion, and I can just as equally not understand it.

Yeah, I am. I mean, the show is going downhill, in my opinion, but I don't like to say that because I'm not one to have valid criticisms. I feel kind of shallow because I feel like I might just not like it because it's not like it used to be...and the pandering. Ugh. I know, it's good to try and please fans - that's the main purpose. But you know...I don't really like the headcanons and other theories the fandom comes up with, or even its obsessions with certain ponies that causes that pony to get more screen time and even speaking lines.

I haven't considered myself a Brony for a while; though that's more to do with how I feel about the fandom (and how it feels about me) than it will ever have to do with the series itself.  Had I never started watching the series, never joined MLPF, and never met the friends that I have, I wouldn't be where I am now with my partner Babe.  So the series will always be important to me.  I don't think I can exaggerate just how important.

• Brohoof 2

Nope and haven't been for a couple years. My interest in being a brony ended after finishing S2. It just couldn't keep me goin'. 

I still like a tiny sliver of the art I see from time to time, but that's nill compared to another fandom i'm getting into. Plus the community really put me off after awhile. 

It was a fun ride back in the beginnin', but the end of the line came quicker than I expected, yet not quick enough.

Basically this

I didn't actually give up on the fandom until after season 3 ended, but I haven't really enjoyed the show since season 1

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I still consider myself a full-fledged pegasister.

Granted, the show doesn't captivate me as much as it used to, but I still keep up with it.

Well I think Fandom labels are stupid, but really everyone is gonna call me one anyway since I watch the show and am active in the fandom so I guess I am, really Why would I be posting on this site if I DIDN'T enjoy this show?

Although it has to be said my interest and particularly my involvement in the fandom has flucuated over the years, Iv been around forever, started in November 2010 and until 2013 or so I was SUPER crazy into the fandom, went to local meetups and everything. Then the fandom became consumed by the endless dramas of 2013 and I got majorly turned off on the fandom and I really scaled back on it, stopped going to meetups and cons and  stuff, then on top of that the community I was most involved in (synchtube) collapsed so I was kind of distant for a long time, until around the start of Season 5 or so. Now I am pretty deep into things again, just recently went to my first con since 2012 even.

Per definition I am, as the word "Brony" just means a fan of MLP:FiM who's outside the target demographic. But it's not really what I call myself by anymore, I just call myself a MLP fan, or something in that sense.

Edited by Ferg
  • Brohoof 2

Even if I someday lose interest in being an active member of the fandom, as long as I enjoy the show, I will call myself a Brony.

• Brohoof 2

Do I count myself less of a Spyro fan even though the last Spyro-centric game was quite a number of years back? Not at all; I still love that purple dragon and I will still likely love these ponies long after the show and it's spinoffs end.

• Brohoof 2

I don't call myself a brony anymore because of different and personal reasons. But I am still a big fan of the show and I like to go on Brony Meetups and conventions (because I have a lot of really good freinds there). It's more that I don't use the term Brony for myself. 

• Brohoof 1

Yep, I am still what can be classed as a brony :D Although I don't ever use the term to talk about myself X3

I watch the show the day a new episode comes up and keep up with some fan content, but I'm not nearly as involved as I used to be :P

Yeah. I still watch the show and participate in the fandom regularly. When the show ends, I'll still rewatch episodes and talk to the people who are still interested until I lose interest myself and move on to the next generation, or maybe even a whole mew franchise.

• Brohoof 1