Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do You Buy MLP Episodes Or Watch Them For Free?

Astro Mambo

(edited)

I'm an unbashed media pirate, but even in my blackened heart, I have plans to buy the actual episodes in DVD or Blu-Ray form.  It just won't be until sometime after I have my career going.

It would be a lie to say I didn't pirate the first four seasons myself (though to be fair, it downloaded them out of morbid curiosity alone, with no intention of becoming a brony). I did, however, go out and buy them on dvd, and rip them onto my computer. I love having tangible copies of media, especially my favorite shows.

Edited by TheMaskMaker
  • Brohoof 2

I'm 100% a pirate.

I feel no guilt.  I'm a poor ass college student.  I'm broke as hell.  

Moreover, I'm an addict.

So, piratebay or kickasstorrents, either or... I've torrented seasons 1 through 4.

For season 5, I watched most on DailyMotion because I was lazy, and because I wanted to wait til the season was over to DL them all. But due to laziness I haven't actually gotten S5 DL'd yet.

Anyway, I've watched seasons 1 through 4 at least 7 times through, using VLC player, watching my torrented vids.

Do I feel bad about it?  Nope.

Maybe once I graduate college I'll buy all the DVDs.  But right now, I can't afford that.

~ Miles

I'd love to buy them, but there aren't that many options here in Holland. The only DVD boxes we get, is with like 3 episodes in them, for 10 euro (12 dollar) So that's a little too much for me.

Then I try to buy them with Google play, but I can't download that here. And Itunes is like 3 euro for one episode (4-5 dollars)

Really, the ways that I can buy them are way to overpriced. So I just watch them with Netflix, otherwise I just can't get them for a normal price.

I tend to watch them for free, usually on DailyMotion using my iPad. Sometimes I watch them on Netflix, if no one else is already watching TV (which is rare :P). I'm thinking about buying the DVDs though, to help with profits I guess. :)

• Brohoof 1

I mean, I pay for Internet, so...

I try to watch the episodes live when they air for the first time, but sometimes I'm unable to wake up due to the timezone of them. When I miss them, I usually either watch the recorded one (dvr and such) or if I don't have access to my tv, I tend to pirate them through YouTube. So I guess I pay for them? I pay for the channel, so there's that I guess. I don't know what would be considered paying for them.

I watch them for free initially, though I might decide to buy them at some point in the future. I live in the Netherlands, however, and the Dutch dub is not something I care about.