Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your All-Time Favorite Classic Arcade Game(s)

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

When arcades were all the rage, there were, as a result, tons of excellent arcade games created as a result, all the way 80's to the late 90's even, and more, so many classics were made in this timeframe. We should talk about these! What are some of YOUR favorite classic arcade games?

One of my all-time favorites is definitely Galaga, that game is so simple yet so incredibly addicting. The gameplay is wonderful and the sounds and music are all pure classic. 

post-8308-0-90759900-1455900867_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

I bought the Simpsons game for my PS 3 in the store but it doesn't feel as fun playing it at home then in an arcade.

I feel exactly the same, I remember sinking money into a machine at a holiday camp many years ago, never being able to beat that final level, and now, with it available at all times and not having to pay an extravagant amount of money for extra lives...should feel better, but the spark is definitely gone

Edited by Majora Mothra
  • Brohoof 1

The classic Pacman was my first and favorite arcade game. There used to be an old arcade machine that was placed inside the laundromat near where I lived. I would used to always waste quarters playing there when I'm able to.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo remains for me the ultimate competitive Arcade game. All fighting games need to atleast try to reach the bar, that this game has set.

• 2 years later...

pacman, originally - later on mag max, bagman, then as a student four-player games like badlands or gauntlet.

metal slug is cool, too, and at a recent BSides I was reminded of how badly out of practice I am at bombjack...

There was a Star Wars game where you flew an X-wing through increasingly difficult attack runs on the Death Star. I don't know if it had a specific name aside from 'Star Wars' but it was fun, especially if you got to play one with the motion-simulator seat. 

I also like Tempest, and Dragon's Lair, even though I always found the latter extremely difficult to play. 

• Brohoof 1

Mine would be 'Pitfall' and 'Pac-Land' both released for arcades back in 1984. Did I play them? Not really but I did watch others play them back in those days and I got to re-experience them through YouTube via playthrough videos.