Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What are you good at?

Member Berry

What things are you good at? :)

Maths has always made sense to me. In primary (elementary) school they ended up teaching me higher maths as I found the work in my class too easy and boring. I actually enjoy maths, I just see it as a fun puzzle. I would get my dad to write me out equations when I was bored :P I was an odd kid :P

I'm also good at computers apparently. I think that's more to do with the fact that most people are surprisingly bad at computers :/ If I don't know how to do something I'll just google it or watch youtube tutorials. I'll figure it out in the end. I've reformatted and removed viruses/malware from family friend's computers numerous amounts of times. I have been using computers since I was about five so that's probably why.

I'm also quite good at drawing. I'm quite rusty now as I don't draw too often anymore, I should really start drawing more.

Edited by Kayleigh
  • Brohoof 1

It's funny, I never really liked math up until i finished High school. After a long period of meditation, figuring out what i wanted of life, i made a paradigm shift and it turns out the switch in thinking method helped.

Math, science, logic are pretty much my bread and butter nowadays. I'm finishing up a bachelor's degree in computer science not long from now. A common mistake would be assuming im automatically good in computers (i am actually very technically adept, but that's beside the point), because my speciality is coding, which is more about telling the computer what to do rather than making sure it's running.

Me... Good at something?

Laughing.gif

I mean, apparently I'm good at academic writing... But where will that get me? I don't even like doing it.

• Brohoof 3

I'm pretty good at drawing. I wouldn't say that I'm fantastic, but I always have tonnes of fun at it. I'm also good at swimming, but it has been a while since I've last swam, so it'll take a while for me to get the hang of things next time I start again.

• Brohoof 2

Im pretty good with computers and all things technology. Really though, I just use my intuition when debugging problems and have level 99 Google-Fu traits. I'm also a coder, so sometimes I can whip up a quick little C program or something to fix the problem instead.

I'm also a fairly decent photographer. Though my arting skills need improvement, I took a college course at one point in photography and I learned how to properly compose a photograph and how to use all the manual controls to my advantage. I'd like to pursue this further one day, maybe join a nature club or something...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Im pretty good with computers and all things technology. Really though, I just use my intuition when debugging problems and have level 99 Google-Fu traits. I'm also a coder, so sometimes I can whip up a quick little C program or something to fix the problem instead.

I'm also a fairly decent photographer. Though my arting skills need improvement, I took a college course at one point in photography and I learned how to properly compose a photograph and how to use all the manual controls to my advantage. I'd like to pursue this further one day, maybe join a nature club or something...

I'd love to do a part-time photography course but all the ones at my college are full-time :( I wouldn't really want to do a full-time course in it. I suppose I could just teach myself online.

I know some HTML but again, I'm really rusty.

Edited by Kayleigh

I'd love to do a part-time photography course but all the ones at my college are full-time :( I wouldn't really want to do a full-time course in it. I suppose I could just teach myself online.

I know some HTML but again, I'm really rusty.

Truth be told, you probably could teach yourself online! Techniques can be emulated once learned and the only "hard knowledge" is knowing how to balance fstop, shutter speed and ISO in manual mode and what they do. The rest is practice. And learning photoshop if you wanted to go down that road. :)

• Brohoof 1

I'm good at fixing cars and fixing computers (somewhat). Anything that deals with hammer and nails or wires and screws I could probably fix it or not. I also like building things but I live in a apartment and I don't have a garage to have my own little workshop. Mainly computers or something technology based which is something I absolutely love.

Edited by Xylosian

I've been told I'm decent at art, and that I have strangely good balance for someone who avoids physical activity like the plague. I tend to be alright at picking up lyrics and the tune of songs as well. Also befriending stray animals.

Generally speaking I'm good at things that will never help me in life ever.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would say that i'm good at organizing and cleaning. When I start doing either, I will make sure that thing id completely spotless or looking perfect.

I am rather good with history as well as sociology (partly). 

Otherwise I am alright with music and instruments, such as pianos and violins. 

I've been told I'm decent at art

You've been told that you are AMAZING at art ;)  :D :D 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm good at a number of things, but I don't feel that I'm great at anything.

I can play and compose music, but my musical abilities are severely limited.

I can write, but I'll never be recognized as an author.

I can draw, but I've a long ways to go as an "artist."

I can cook, but I'm a "simple cook."

I'm somewhat good at building and repairing computers. I've pretty much been drafted as my family's IT guy because of it.

I also have a bit of skill at 3D modeling. When I say "a bit", that means "a very little bit." When compared to the pros, my work is an embarrassment.

Edited by Slime Mold