Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Will we get episodes with other Pie sisters?

snowflame

Pinkie mentions she has similar meetings with her other sisters she has with Maude. Is this a random mention of of a setup? I would not expect exactly the same type of episodes for the other sisters of course. But Pinkie having subplots or she mentioning meeting Marble and Limestone would be fun in my opinion. Especially a Fluttershy episode where she meets even shyer Marble would be very interesting.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

An episode about Fluttershy and Marble sounds incredibly boring. I'm very interested in seeing more Limestone though

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

The problem with any episode revolving Marble or Limestone Pie is that they were never meant to sustain an episode because they are not fully formed characters. The writers needed to fill in the background of the conflict they'd set up between the Apple family and the Pie family so they created stock angry pony and stock shy pony. Their characters could potentially be expanded upon but as it is there is very little to work with.

An episode about Fluttershy and Marble sounds incredibly boring. I'm very interested in seeing more Limestone though

Yeah basically sounds like 22 minutes of absolutely nothing happening as Fluttershy and Marble are too shy to actually approach each other.

Now Limestone and frankly pretty much anyone? That could be potentially hilarious, hell even if they just redid the Gift plot it could be very different with how ANGRY she seems to be all the time.

• Brohoof 1

I think more Pie sisters themes in eps is good.  Also  Ima not a big Pinkie fan but I like her when paired with her sisters and also I hope we get more eps with the other families themes also in the FIM.

Pretty much all of their characterization are seen already seen in "Heartbreakers". If the writers feel like expanding her sisters into something more, they'll probably ruin it. Marble is unmistakably shy so her role is not very fundamental to build. Limestone in the other hand, have some potential as a character but usually her mean demeanor gets in the way from building any substance. If the sisters are to be seen again most likely, a 22 min episode won't do much to help expand on them.

(edited)

I think the other Mane 5 might have different problems with Limestone and Marble as opposed to the frustratingly boring Maud (no offense). Limestone's attitude problems and Marble's timid persona would most certainly present some issues. Yet Pinkie Pie would still, for lack of a better term, "overglorify" her other 2 sisters just the same way she does with Maud. But then again after all, they are Pinkie's own flesh (if you can call it that) and blood.

Edited by BrawnyCharger

Yeah basically sounds like 22 minutes of absolutely nothing happening as Fluttershy and Marble are too shy to actually approach each other.

Now Limestone and frankly pretty much anyone? That could be potentially hilarious, hell even if they just redid the Gift plot it could be very different with how ANGRY she seems to be all the time.

I agree that Marble and Fluttershy themselves would be too boring. With Marble and Fluttershy I meant that episode where Marble wants to do something but is too why to do so. Then Pinkie tries to help her to accomplish her goals and asks Flutershy's help since has had same experinees and would understand Marble better. Fluttershy could learn things about herself and how people have been reacting to her shyness by helping someone and we would see how much Fluttershy has actually changed from season 1 anyway.

So it would be mostly Fluttershy episode with Pinkie provinding comedy and Marble there to be sweet but quiet and provide contrast to Fluttershy. And Marble would get some character development herself.

I think any episode with the other Pie sisters would be best in a family scenario, like the Hearth's Warming Eve one.

Maud can hold her own; not sure if the others could. 

If they want to, then please with Limestone, because i don't like Marble Pie. She is pretty much a Fluttershy clone.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

We saw Marble meeting a bunch of new ponies. I don't think  she necessarily has to always be that quiet. Not all shy people are alike. She's not automatically Fluttershy's clone like many assume. Some shy people are even extroverts who once warmed up can be very interesting and engaging. (Just like some introverts are comfortable talking to people they don't know...look at Twilight in the pilot episode, definite introvert, but didn't act shy at all. She was assigned to do a job and had no problem communicating and even introducing herself.) Lets not write Marble off before we get to know her, should that actually happen.

Edited by Aurora Storm

I hear what everyone is saying about Marble, but here's my take on it as someone who was very similar at one point:

We have to remember that in that particular episode, she was meeting a completely new and different group of ponies. Some people are naturally extremely shy and quiet in those situations. I remember years back that I wouldn't utter a word and I'd just try and hang back. However, when I'm with people I'm very familiar with there'd be a noticeable difference.

I know I'm only going off of assumptions, but it's possible that she has her own quirks and personality when she's in a more preferred laid back environment with her family.

A lot of people compare her to Fluttershy, so let's take a look at that. On her own, or with the Mane Six or even Discord, she may show some semblance of her shy self, but she has her own voice. She's not constantly hanging back and refusing to speak, she has a personality besides "shy and meek."

It may very well be the same case for Marble. The writers intentionally pushed the shy trope with her, but an effective writer (which the show has many of) could effectively show other sides to her while still having it seem natural.

I'd agree Limestone deserves an episode before Marble, but otherwise Marble should still be given a chance. I know I'm just speaking from my experience, but many things resonated with me when I saw her, from her body posture to her reactions.

I think I would like seeing more of the pie sisters in episodes. Limestone would be interesting, but marble might be incredibly boring because she doesn't talk

It's hard to tell if this would happen because of the long production time of the episodes (about one year). They don't really have a lot of time to tell which one-shot characters will become popular enough to justify a return and which ones won't.

It would be good to see them return as background set-pieces for an episode. Marble Pie is mainly fandom eye candy whose vocabulary consists of two letters. Limestone Pie has serious comedic potential, though. She's like a mob enforcer. Don't go against the family or she'll break your legs.

Limestone might work, but Marble literally has less of a vocabulary than BIG MAC.

"Marble literally has less of a vocabulary than BIG MAC."

I see some fault in your comparison there. Big Mac doesn't have a small vocabulary; he's actually spoken a lot more since Season 2. Besides, if Big Mac can form full sentences, who's to say that Marblle doesn't have that ability as well? Shy people can have other traits besides being shy.

Edited by Golden Triangle