Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are forums a waste of time?

Ziggy + Angel + Rain

• 3 months later...

Not if said forums are helpful to you in some way...and I know for a fact MLP Forums isn't a waste of time. I've met some really awesome people here. 

I used to enjoy them a lot more. Nowadays I just stick to Reddit but I will come here when I'm bored for forum games and random topics like this. So no and yes, in a way. It depends on how you spend your time on them and if you value that time spent.

• 8 months later...

I can't say it is, because I know people find solace and peace here. But then again myself I can't relate anymore since I lost the drive and the right to be a content creator in any way

• 1 year later...

Depends on the forums and situation.

There is always something you can learn from interacting with people and opinions. Therefore I don't think this a general waste of time. But sometimes, you could have done something more productive with your time. At least in normal times.

Sure, it’s a waste of time. The same way 90% of everything is a waste of time. Sleeping, eating, showering, working, and going to the little pony’s room all take time and seem more or less meaningless in the overall sense of things. Literally all these things do matter, but so does hanging out here on the forums. Everything shapes the pony we become even if it’s seemingly minor. It’s just like any hobby; there’s experience and learning to be done and that’s something we always get to keep.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Forums have been around for a while, but they have their purpose and people enjoy it. If people enjoy it, it isn't a waste of time.