Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do you love your favourite pony so much?

Crazyaboutpegasi

I feel I relate to the ponies I consider my favorites. It could be as simple as "I think she's adorable" or anything but that's just scratching the surface.

For example, I can relate to Fluttershy because I too suffer from social anxiety, especially not wanting to impose on people. We both have moments where we get angry and regret it later, and it helps that I like her design and color palate with the cool yellow and pink. Plus I was bullied a lot as a child, much like she was, which may have contributed to my social anxiety.

Pinkie I can relate to because once I get over my shyness, there's no putting me back in, and I love making people laugh. Comedy is something I've always wanted to pursue.

Are you an identical copy of me?
  • Brohoof 2

I can always relate to my favorite characters in some way, and that's always why they're my favorite. Rainbow and Applejack are the ones I relate to most, so they're always pretty high on the list just because I'm like them. I also kind of relate to Celestia, because of meaning well and having responsibility over others as well as inadvertently hurting the people I'm close to.

As for Rarity, I don't relate to her at all, but she's classy. :P

• Brohoof 1

Luna has qualities that are not always becoming of a princess. At times she acts as a regular commoner, yet other times she can be a bastion of wisdom and act with the grace and elegance of how a princess should act. She is mysterious and is willing to bear a recurring burden for the sake of others. Her background is filled with pain, having become one of the most feared creatures in Equestria. She received one of the most cruel punishments and was humbled after the Nightmare. She watches over those and protects others both in their minds and in everyday life. Her kindness is great when she shows it and seems to care greatly for her subjects.

Luna's personality, her past, and her actions make her my favorite pony. Not even the other princesses can be on the level of Luna(All the princesses are my favorites).

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy's the best. She's kind, sensible, cute, polite, selfless, funny and is by far the most caring pony out of all her friends.

Looking past her flaws, you can't help but love her character. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

Coco Crusoe is my favorite simply because there is nothing about this pony and I want to know more. I want to know what the story is with his cutie mark. I wonder if he's a bit of a loner since his cutie mark is a lone island. I hope he'll have a speaking role this season, the developers seem to like to use him as a background pony since season 1.

• Brohoof 1

Well, i love Pinkie for a number of reasons. Partly cuz she brings joy into my life with her carefree silliness & optimistic attitude, partly cuz i want to emulate those things irl along with her sociable nature, and partly cuz i relate to her...like...a LOT. Her eccentricity, her devotion to those close to her, her sweet-tooth, her propensity for jokes...all of it. 

Also, she's, like, REALLY cute. Did i mention that? Cuz that's kinda a big part of it.  :ooh::pinkie:

I feel I relate to the ponies I consider my favorites. It could be as simple as "I think she's adorable" or anything but that's just scratching the surface. 

For example, I can relate to Fluttershy because I too suffer from social anxiety, especially not wanting to impose on people. We both have moments where we get angry and regret it later, and it helps that I like her design and color palate with the cool yellow and pink. Plus I was bullied a lot as a child, much like she was, which may have contributed to my social anxiety. 

Pinkie I can relate to because once I get over my shyness, there's no putting me back in, and I love making people laugh. Comedy is something I've always wanted to pursue.  

Same here dude...like..near-exactly so. 

• Brohoof 1

Applejack's rustic charm, honesty, and how she honors her family values even years after her parents died. Long live our apple horse, that's why I love you. :icwudt:

I am a very rational and analytical person who is highly motivated to, and empowered by, acquiring knowledge. In fact, knowledge acquisition is my primary motivation for attending conventions, not socialization or things (though those are nice). Thus, I highly relate to Twilight Sparkle. Also, she is a benevolent and competent leader and organizer, as would I be IRL if I was in such a position.

Edited by Roketsune

My favourite pony is Pinkie Pie, however she is tied with Discord. I like them for their sometimes bizarre behaviours and Discord because he is sometimes manipulative. However, his reform is good to see.

Twilight Sparkle is who I am as a person, and I'm glad such a bright, caring, easily anxious, and stubborn person gets to be the main character of a TV show, especially one for young girls. She is incredibly smart and by-the-book, but can get too absorbed in her own goals and ambitions sometimes, and she's still learning how to manage her work anxiety. Twilight forms a great deal of her identity from her intelligence and her status as a good friend and I do too, so I really love her.

I love - and am genuinely in love with - Angelbabe (the Rainbow in my life).

I love her because she's changed my life for the better.  I love her because having her in my life means never being lonely.  I love her because she makes me feel happy; and because seeing her happy means a lot to me.  I love her because she's wonderful, strong, brave, kind, witty, funny, unpredictable, ceaselessly interesting, and fun to be around.  I love her because she's beautiful inside and out.  I love her because she makes me feel things I never thought I'd feel again - and never felt so deeply.

I love her because I can't not love her; it's one of the very few things in life that I absolutely know is right.  She's my heart.

Hmm, there's a few background ponies that might get a little attention. I'm thinking Trixie might return as I can think up a scenario where Trixie returns to correct her wrongs in Ponyville as she did leave rather quick without apologising except to Twilight. Maybe a friendship problem might need Trixie's help and if I'm right, I've made a Pinkie prediction of a future MLP episode!

I feel it's unlikely Lightning Dust will make a return though and I do like the ponies that have bad behaviours. Might explain my liking of Discord's manipulative behaviours.