Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Weather Thread

Sunlight

5 hours ago, Cagey said:

There’s a storm or something.  I’m not paying a lot of attention, but it’s loud. 

What's you doing? :adorkable:

My weather today was another one of those "wow it is spring so I must go out and Corona is not a threat so lets all have a picnic in the middle of the walkway!" kind of weather, but in fact was just a little bit sunny and kinda boring. People are just seeing things that aren't there to ignore the fact that everyone should stay indoors.

On 4/6/2020 at 5:47 AM, Super Splashee said:

Best clouds are Cumulonimbus clouds in moon light :LunaMCM1:

Can't disagree with you there. Love the faint outline of a thunderhead as the silvery light of the moon lights it up below, lightning streaking from the storm. It gives me chills and makes me wish I lived out in the country.

I love weather.  Storms, rain, snow. 

Ive seen tornadoes a couple of times in person (One was a  brief spin up, and the other was an EF3) and they’re pretty awe inspiring.

I’ve even taken a weather spotting class a couple of years ago.  Was very neat. 

Now I can report weather to the NWS and they’d treat me as a credible source to go by. 

• Brohoof 2

Daily weather report for my area.

It is currently 63F and showering. Humidity is at 90% and winds are out of the northeast at 11 mph. I heard some rumbles of thunder earlier. :ph3ar:

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Daily weather report for my area.

It is currently 63F and showering. Humidity is at 90% and winds are out of the northeast at 11 mph. I heard some rumbles of thunder earlier. :ph3ar:

I’d have expected it to be a bit warmer by now down there!

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, AppleButt said:

I’d have expected it to be a bit warmer by now down there!

Oh it has been, just yesterday we were in the 90s. But we keep getting these random rogue days lately where it's unseasonably chilly and overcast. :huh:

5 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Oh it has been, just yesterday we were in the 90s. But we keep getting these random rogue days lately where it's unseasonably chilly and overcast. :huh:

It’s only been in the 70s here.  

I hate March and early April.  That jacket weather in the morning, and short sleeve weather in the afternoon is not my thing.

Then there’s summer where we turn into a hot cup of tea.  I’m sure you know exactly how that feels lol. 

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, AppleButt said:

Then there’s summer where we turn into a hot cup of tea.  I’m sure you know exactly how that feels lol. 

Do I ever. :ButtercupLaugh: Honestly though summer is my favorite season so I don't mind it. 

I believe it's time for another weather update post. Currently right now in my area it is 66F and clear. Perfect stargazing weather (if it weren't so windy)! Wind is out of the northeast at 8 mph and humidity has dropped significantly from this morning, now at 60%. Supposed to be back up in the 80s again tomorrow. 

• Brohoof 1

After a spell of nice and chilly weather, it's back in the 70s today. =/

And my ceiling fan is broken. So it's pretty nasty in my room.

Morning weather report.

It is currently 64F and mostly cloudy. Humidity is at 75% and winds are fairly calm, out of the East at 6 mph. The sun is just beginning to come up.

After temps in the 60s earlier this week in my area, it got chillier. The high today isn’t even supposed to break 50. It’s supposed to rain tonight into tomorrow morning.

18 hours ago, AppleButt said:

I hate March and early April.  That jacket weather in the morning, and short sleeve weather in the afternoon is not my thing

Early-mid May is my least favorite month temperature wise. When I sleep, I wake up cold at 3 a.m. or so to put the covers back on.

• Brohoof 1

Back to nice, cool weather. Temperatures are in the upper 40s with overcast skies at 1PM. I love it!

I still hate this time of the year, though. It either needs to stay like this for a while, or succumb to the miserable hot, muggy weather. Yesterday the air conditioner was not on because of the cool spells we've been having as of late. If it'd just get hot and stay there the AC would stay on.

(of course, if I were in control of the AC it would have been on yesterday)

• Brohoof 1

Haven’t posted here in a bit. 

It’s currently 79F and heavily overcast. My county is under a tornado watch for a few more hours. :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

My county is under a tornado watch for a few more hours.

I didn't know Florida had tornadoes. Only hurricanes. :huh:

I guess extreme weather can happen anywhere?

7 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Haven’t posted here in a bit. 

It’s currently 79F and heavily overcast. My county is under a tornado watch for a few more hours. :wacko:

Hope you stayed safe.  How common are tornadoes there?  South Mississippi had a pretty bad tornado last week that killed 11 people.  

Edited by AppleButt
  • Brohoof 3

18 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

I didn't know Florida had tornadoes. Only hurricanes. :huh:

I guess extreme weather can happen anywhere?

Oh we get tornadoes, only it's far less common here. Any tornadoes that are formed here though don't do much damage and are awful weak. Water spouts are a common sight here. By the way, hurricanes spawn tornadoes. Double trouble. :sealed:

8 minutes ago, AppleButt said:

Hope you stayed safe.  How common are tornadoes there?  South Mississippi had a pretty bad tornado last week that killed 11 people.  

Pretty rare, and they tend to occur at random times of the year if there is one (unless there's a hurricane). For some reason it almost seems like there's a "peak" tornado time here in December believe it or not.  

15 minutes ago, AppleButt said:

South Mississippi had a pretty bad tornado last week that killed 11 people.  

I heard all about that, by the way. Was it near where you live? :wacko: Aftermath shots on the news looked pretty devastating. 

• Brohoof 2

40 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I heard all about that, by the way. Was it near where you live? :wacko: Aftermath shots on the news looked pretty devastating. 

Nope.  I live in North Mississippi.  We were under a significant threat for it as well but fortunately the weathermen were wrong and the tornado weather stayed south of us. 

It was definitely bad.  EF4 and 2.25 miles wide at its widest.  To put that in perspective the widest tornado on record was 2.65 miles wide. 

Fortunately this monster stayed in rural areas and didn’t go through a significantly populated area. 

Edited by AppleButt
  • Brohoof 2