Do you like your favorite pony because they are different, or similar to you?

Foxy Socks

Similarities for sure.

Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and APplejack were my favorites of the mane 6 to start with. Twilight in particular had a lot of similarities to me pre-Summer Sun Celebration and the tepidness on friendship, though there are specific differences. She was always uninterested, but I've always just felt unable to.  (and hey, similarities is how Starlight befriended Trixie!)

And ever since I watched Shadow Play, I've felt the same thing about Stygian, just with a darker lens. Jealousy and spite are feelings I've had pretty hard.

• Brohoof 1

because they are similar. 

Fluttershy, Applejack and Twilight resound with me so much that i feel their struggles. Fluttershy for her untreated social anxiety which she has to self treat anyways somehow, also because she has shown the most empathy of all the mane six and lives like i wish i could, in the woods with all her animal friends. Applejack for her workaholism, her need to keep afloat and be the voice of reason (which no one listens to), and the one that has to be mature by necessity from very young age. Twilight because of her general anxiety and panic attacks to keep things from not tumbling, I relate on how everyone expects so much from her from very young and she can't do anything but bound to those expectations whatever it takes because she can't say no when that becomes her life and not the other way around. Also she was a misantrope and yeah i vibed with that. Rarity to some extent too because she and I dwell into artistic careers and all what comes with it. It's hard, man... pony...

Although not pony but Thorax is also a favorite of mine and Pharynx too. Thorax because he is nonbinary, yes that is my headcanon if you will but he is not typically masculine and i think you will agree on that at least. So because of that he has trouble asserting himself in his own society for the role he was assign to on top of figure out how to be a leader with his own ideologies. Also he's just too cute and loving, though I'm not cutesy like that so I guess it's more like because he's different to me in that aspect. And Pharynx because he's so frustrated that he knows that he's right, he has logic and reasoning to back himself up and everyone just brush him aside for whatever other reasons, he has the Applejack "no one listens to me" problem, but gladly it was fixed at the end. He's aggressively right but with undeniable anger issues and he doesn't know how to communicate an issue properly. and yeah that's more like me.

I prefer ponies that are more like me or who i can empathize with in some way even if they are different in personality.

Edited by Ittoni
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight definitely Similar because she is there for her friends like I am Fluttershy 100% because I am shy aswell but Happy to have friends who support me. And Applejack because of her saying what‘s right and what isn’t right

I like Twilight because she is similar to me, we would probable have some common interests. Though I think I may like Twilight as she was near the beginning of thee show better, but only by a little.

• Brohoof 1

I started off liking AppleJack because I'm a genuine person like her. While at the same, I can see a bit of myself in RD, the brash type. But I grew to like Princess Luna and Tempest Shadow more because they're both deep in character who has gone through internal struggles. And I can related to them a lot.

I fell in love with Twilight because of how similar I think she is to me. We both love to read, we're both very good students, we both have (or at least Twilight had) trouble making friends, and we both like to stay very organized and keep things on time. There are also other reasons too, such as how beautiful Twilight is and how I think she's the most adorable of the mane 6. I just found that I can really relate to her the best out of all the mane 6. Twiggles is best pony! :ticking:    

• Brohoof 2

It’s a mix of both. My two favs are Applejack and Rainbow Dash. 

I am similar to Applejack.  Kind, considerate, hard working, honest.  That’s why I like her. 

Rainbow Dash I’m not so much like me except for the fact she doesn’t easily learn, and like me she is a bit impulsive causing her to make bad decisions sometimes.  

But I like rainbow because I’d like to be more like her when it comes to self confidence, determination, and etc.  But I wouldn’t want to be as arrogant. 

5 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I’d say Fluttershy is pretty similar to how I behave out in public

I cannot believe that. Fluttershy is too obvious in her shyness. You don't strike me as such.

I am like Big Macintosh in public, very random, either Eyup mode activated, or completely opposite

• Brohoof 1

My favorite character, Fluttershy, and I have differences and similarities. Therefore, I wouldn't say that I am 100% like Fluttershy. That being said, I do like her a lot because she's similar to me.

When I first started watching the show, and even a little bit nowadays, I was pretty quiet and shy: just like Fluttershy. I could really relate to her fears and anxieties. Because of this, I was able to really use her episode's lessons in my own life. It was amazing.

As she learned and became more assertive, so did I. It was pretty cool to actually be growing along with a fictional character. Toward the end of the show, you can still tell she has a bit of that shyness, but she's a lot more assertive. It's cool to just see her overall growth. It's kinda why I roll my eyes when people say she just learned the same thing over and over and didn't grow. She grew a ton, and it's a big reason why I love her character so much. So yes, I would say that for the most part we are similar.

On 8/27/2020 at 8:14 PM, Splashee® said:

I cannot believe that. Fluttershy is too obvious in her shyness. You don't strike me as such.

I am like Big Macintosh in public, very random, either Eyup mode activated, or completely opposite

That would be funny if you went around and said “eeyup” everywhere XD

Well, that’s good to hear that not everyone notices how nervous I can be around people 😅

• Brohoof 1