Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you like parties?

VeroxVitrus

I can't stand them. I see no entertainment in being in a room of people socializing with them. I prefer a much more relaxed celebration, doing something with only 1 or 4 guests is okay with me. I hate being in a group of more than 10 people, its hard to get your say in a conversation and it makes it more harder for me to participate. 

• Brohoof 8

I like parties mostly for the food (if provided), and the activities of the event's context (in most cases, I'll go to little social get-togethers that don't primarily revolve around social aspects lol). If the the crowd is new and large, I'll still consider going. I don't need to converse a whole lot to enjoy myself, that's for sure. I just like getting out of the house to be honest.

As long there is nobody to make it a bad party I do like parties and when my friends are there aswell its just perfect ^-^ but I would mainly go to more parties only to be with my friends if they would attend to be honest ... I dont really go to many parties without them 

Not really. I don't do well around huge groups of people, since I very quickly run out of "normal" conversation topics and just end up sitting in the background trying not to be noticed while picking at what ever food is available.  

• Brohoof 1

Might be a tad cliche but I am autistic and I have hardcore anxiety problems, so parties aren't exactly comfortable for me. Never been into going to places with lots of people and parties are just that most of the time. Not only that, but parties could also mean drinking and I have no interest in that either. The one thing that could be more awkward than me being in a big group of people is me being in a big group of drunk people.

• Brohoof 5

Parties are awesome! Pizza, soda, and all these awesome friends are the best thing ever! ...But it's best when it's just you by yourself, eating pizza and drinking soda while talking to friends on the internet and playing a video game, inevitably getting your controller all greasy.

• Brohoof 1

I don't like parties at all and when I am forced to go I don't really talk to anybody I just sit in a corner and play some video games I don't like big crowds I prefer to stay at home where its calm and quite if I have to talk to people I try to make it brief I am not a shy person I just don't like big crowds or people in general I never had luck with people always being judged before getting to know me so I will slink off to a corner and growl and hiss if people come near lol not really.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Generally I'm not a party pony ~ I kinda prefer being near friends or alone.

If I'm at the party alone surrounded by strangers ~ then most likely I'll end up in the shame corner, but if there are familiar ponies with me, then it is much better.

~ Though still I'm hesitant when it comes to go to one~

Also, it all depends on the scale of the party. (small parties / the ones in public clubs)

Edited by Rikifive

I usually avoid parties like a contagious disease. I never really understood the fascination with standing around and talking in a crowded room and pretending to enjoy one's self. It doesn't feel natural or spontaneous. I'm not comfortable in random crowds and prefer to have my conversations one-on-one without other distractions. If I was at a party I would quickly find a back corner, pretend to be interested in something that'll take me away from everyone's attention, and try to think up an excuse to leave early and return to my own habitat.   

• Brohoof 1

If I'm partying it has to be with people I'm comfortable with and, I'm jussayin', but substances help the group dynamic a lot. At the very least, drinking or other activities help me talk with other people because it loosens me up and I can show off my personality more than when I'm sober and guarded. I like getting together with friends, but I can't see myself in a club or even at campus parties anymore. I can turn into a completely different creature in the right setting with the right people. Those are some of the moments I live for.

Do I like parties? Well, yes and no. No because I hate crowds of people. So many bodies in one location make me uncomfortable and when I see groups of people with those stereotypical red cups that are used to drink liquor I just get the violent urge to smack it out of their hands.

If a party I'm attending consists of 4 people or less yes, I enjoy parties.

No. I like get-togethers at some kind of event or dinner with close friends, but I don't like parties. I'm just not the right type; drinking, loud music and being surrounded by strangers isn't my idea of fun and I'd prefer to be doing just about anything else.

I'm not really sure. The last one I went to was twenty years ago, and that was just some kid's birthday party.

...but based on what I've seen on movies and TV shows, parties don't really look like they'd appeal to me.

It really depends on the party and the people there. I've been to parties I really enjoyed, and I've been to ones where I spent the whole time playing with the dog because I have no interest in socializing with the people there.

I will say this. Give me a few drinks and I am a dancing machine. Dance clubs are awesome.

(edited)

I love parties, they're great opportunities to widen your horizon and meet new people, ladies included.  :orly:

Especially if you bring your a-team with you!   :sunbutt: 

Wingmen *cough - cough*

Edited by Guest

It really depends on what kind of a party it is. If it's something where there are only relatives invited, it's going to be just cozy. Parties are most fun if there are people that I know and whose company I enjoy. The worst cases are those parties that are full of strangers and I have nothing to talk about. They are a nightmare for me because I'm the worst at socializing, especially around new people.  :love:  I still like that most parties serve all kinds of goodies.