Would you like to be called Miss or Mister by someone?

Fluttere

I like being called Miss. It may seem formal but it has it's place (and frankly, the world can use a little more formality these days). It's a nice way to show respect for someone, and it doesn't have to be relegated strictly to the older folks. 

One thing I don't like is being called Ms. That just seems silly. If a lady's marital status is not apparent, do what they used to do in the old days and stick with Miss unless told otherwise.  :proud:

• Brohoof 2

I don't really want that, it makes me feel somewhat uncomfortable and makes some situations feel more formal than they need to be.

That in time will pass, you learn to find the right time to use the terms Mr/Mrs/Miss and when not to. Also you tend to flow more into times when it feels right to be called such, and it will feel strange when someone fails to. 

Not to go all TLK but, its the circle of life  :P

wP5DHgr.png

I wouldn't mind being called mister during formal events or at a job interview,but I don't really see a purpose for calling me that regularly.

As for miss,I would only allow my soul mate to call me that.

Dolemite2.gif.1f535b74ff05826ca7dd78c9e5ec1078.gif                                                                              

Noooo.. It honestly makes me a little uncomfortable. They call me "Miss" on airplanes and I just don't enjoy that term, it makes me feel stuck up and plastic somehow. Just naaah... Nah.

The terms in Japan sounds better to me though. It has a better ring to it?? Also, I would respect their culture and therefore accept those titles.

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." - Dr.Seuss

DeviantArt YouTube Tumblr ♥ Ask Flutters voice

• 2 years later...

Lots of people would called me mister during work, just out of modesty. So I don't mind. 

ezgif-3-2022f43b7e48.gif.cc21d01322ba58d07570880d654a323e.gif.329d04ca2e8802045b40325a74a30f1d.gif

♪ "I practice every day to find some clever lines to say, to make the meaning come through"♪

I mean, I don't mind being called "mister" (even though I'm 15 and that would be pretty weird in some cases) but I normally prefer being called by my first name or just "bro or dude".

ezgif.com-crop.gif

Tell me this isn't the cutest thing you've seen all day?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
(edited)

Sure, I mean, it already happens.

When my Grandfather greets me he always says "Hello there, Miss Olivia."  (Of course it's a nickname coming from them)

I actually kinda like being called "Miss." It makes me feel special and more adult-y.

I don't have a preference though, people can call me whatever the heck they want.

Edited by Emerald Heart

signature.jpg.913c165e4b3ea068a54230ece43f188d.jpg

Big thanks to @The Wife of Hawks, @Trix or Treatand @Splasheefor these images!

On 12/23/2018 at 1:44 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

I've been called Miss by strangers before and I always like it, it's nice. ^_^

I actually call every female  as "Miss" lmao. It's what I do in school, so I've just done it everywhere

1774892441_PrincessofGrapesSIGRequest1.png.e08ffe57299a25107021be625461c1e1.png

No makes me uncomfortable :P ain’t no calling me Miss!

81JYZLI.png
#NoAI please be so kind to not throw my artworks into AI machines,
This is something that unsettles me heavily! <3
Signature by @Moonlight

I've never been called "Mr." But something about it just rubs me the wrong way. "Sir" feels a little weird too but I never tell people that. 

img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-

Signature by Kyoshi