Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are ponies usually a bunch of pansies?

Dricmeistr

Because they are horses, and horses are prey animals in the wild, and so they're easy to spook, because running away from any sign of danger is a survival trait. QED. 

• Brohoof 3

The ponies who saved Equestria a billion times and kicked several villain's asses are pansies? Are we watching the same show here?

I'm talking about most ponies.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals." 

- Agent K, MIB 

Same applies to ponies. They're herd animals living in a world rife with monsters that wouldn't hesitate to make a snack out of them, so they see one pony panic and suddenly that sets of a chain reaction. When faced with a threat, more of their and our ancestors ran and lived to see another day than stay and fight. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well duh ponies are just huggable little creatures. They can give quite a kick though "Literally dont stand behind a horse or a pony for that matter" but other than maybe nibbling your fingers they are quite the friendly sort!

sig-4604825.winston050609.jpg

sig-4604825.miniature-pony-centre.jpg

Thing is, people are like that too in the face of real danger.

I think the idea is acting tough is different than being tough, the only thing i am against is to cowardice people. But to sorta be all talk is kinda where the bark comes more into it more than bites. But i think being humble is a better idea, like even when i am speaking now i sound arrogant. If you just do your best you will be fine!

Edited by Buckbuck
  • Brohoof 1

Unless we're talking about some past generations, I wouldn't consider them "pansies" at all. Ponies in general are rather docile creatures so it's not like they're dragons or some savage carnivores.

Some of them prefer to live peacefully and hate fights. Others either don't have the time to train themselves or they're just a bit too scared for themselves and their loved ones in a way where they might not return from a difficult battle.