Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Season 6 Finale Plot Revealed

Golden Star

If you ask me, I was hoping that Hasbro would do a finale where Twilight actually sits out a two-parter and let's someone else take over(Especially Starlight Glimmer).  And I'm glad they're mixing up something new with the Season Finale.

If anything, I predict the following for Starlight's companions:

Discord

Trixie

Sunburst

Ember

Thorax

Gilda

They can leave Twilight out. That would be fine. :P

What people are really concerned about is that the mane five are presumably going to be shafted for the third two-parter in a row. They have not featured prominently in a two-parter since The Cutie Map. 

and its funny, since that one is held up as an OUTLIER, since it focused on the other 5 far more than most two parters.

Its really at a bad spot when "the other 5 get to do stuff" is something to be viewed as SURPRISING, rather than something that you should EXPECT.

I mean, hell, back in S1 it was pretty much a given that the finale and upcoming premier would be about the mane six. Now...

>most unique season finale synopsis in years

>people are whining anyway because "WAAHHHHHHHHHH STARLIGHT"  "WAAHHHHHHHHHH MANE 6 BEING SIDELINED" 

I hate this fandom so much sometimes.

I agree! Not only does Starlight receive the chance to fully redeem herself, but we have the probability of our beloved Spike AND Trixie (maybe even Discord) being heroes of all of Equestira!

Also we don't know if the Mane Six are gonna be fully sidelined. What if Starlight and her team are just gonna take care of the minions, while the Mane Six will take this chance to use Rainbow power on the big foe! They'll assist in saving the day at the last minute! At least I hope it's like that! :D

I don't usually bother to read episode synopses nowadays, but after seeing the excitement of others, I took a peek and...I'm actually really happy about what I read! One thing I'd love to see is a villain that has already appeared in the show so that we get more development of a pre-existing character. I assume we may see Sunburst again, and Trixie. I wouldn't be surprised if Discord also had a significant role. There are quite a few possibilities, and I have many thoughts swirling around in my head! :D

• Brohoof 2

Don't worry... There's more than a good chance they'll get their time to shine in the movie. Considering one reason the draft pitched to Sony was rejected was how the ponies besides Twilight barely got any characterization (I can't remember what was said, exactly, I just know it was in one of the leaked emails before Lionsgate took up the movie), I think the odds are pretty solid.

Probably because it was human characters who got more focus in said pitch.

They can leave Twilight out. That would be fine. :P

What people are really concerned about is that the mane five are presumably going to be shafted for the third two-parter in a row. They have not featured prominently in a two-parter since The Cutie Map.

I really don't see that as a problem; they get a chance to shine in many other episodes, and anymore two-partners are just what Twilight gets as most of her focus episodes, S5 and 6 premieres excluded. I might be more disappointed if this episode weren't looking to be yet another threat-to-Equestria action episode.

Apparently, everyone else is concerned about the fact that it stars Starlight Glimmer and friends rather than the mane six. 

I don't get it; that's the one thing that might actually make this episode interesting, at least going by this synopsis. 

You say that like they won't appear in the episode at all.

Now here's a thought. Will Starlight get a jump start and earn a princesshood from leading her squad on to victory?

Squad roll-call...

Discord

Luna

Trixie

Thorax

Sassy Saddles

Diamond Tiara

Equestria will tremble beneath their hooves!

Why would Starlight add a child in her squad?

After reading the synopsis, I'm really psyched for the season finale. It's interesting that we'll get someone other than Twilight to save the day. Although I'm saddened that it isn't Twilight, or Twilight and her friends, I feel that it will work better this way. I feel this will be great development for Starlight as she shows what she has learned so far this season. I do wonder if Twilight and the others will be captured by this villain and Starlight has to save them. I'm curious to see who the villain will be, but I have a feeling it may be Queen Chrysalis. I also wonder who Starlight gets to team up with her and I'm really looking forward to seeing that. All in all this episode sounds amazing and I can't wait to see the season 6 finale. 

I really don't see that as a problem; they get a chance to shine in many other episodes, and anymore two-partners are just what Twilight gets as most of her focus episodes, S5 and 6 premieres excluded. I might be more disappointed if this episode weren't looking to be yet another threat-to-Equestria action episode.

Yup, the mane 5 + other character have already dominated 3/4 of total episodes each season, they got best slice of life episodes after season 1  :orly:.    

I can use this song everytime an opener or finale is coming around, considering everyone is in panic mode. :P

While the details regarding the finale are still being vague as to what we can expect will happen, remember the Season 6 premiere? None of the Mane Six, except for Twilight, had a part in the final resolution that saved the Crystal Empire from the Frozen North. That duty fell on the Royal Family, Sunburst, and Starlight.

Now in the season finale, it will be up to Starlight to round up an unlikely team of allies to help protect Equestria when the Mane Six are unavailable to do it like in previous season premieres or finales when the Mane Six either directly or indirectly helped stop the Big Bad of the premiere/finale.

However, judging from what we've seen this season, I'm taking a big guess that it will be Queen Chrysalis who makes her return to seek revenge, and captures the Mane Six to ensure that only the Royal Family and Starlight's unlikely allies will be able to stand against her. Plus, if Starlight can recruit all the allies that the Mane Six have befriended, including Prince Rutherford and his yaks, Ember and the dragons, Gilda and the griffons, and Thorax can convince some Changelings to defect to the good side, that would provide a veritable army to help defend Equestria from Chrysalis and her Swarm until the Mane Six are freed and go Rainbow Power on Chrysalis' flank.

Either way, this is going to be one awesome way to end another season of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

I still think the finale will involve Chrysalis in one way or another but as much as I love a good redemption story I hope she stays a villain. It'd be awesome to see Grogar as the main "big bad" this season!! As for Starlight's "unlikely team of heroes" I'm willing to bet it'll be a group of former villains/antagonists. Considering Starlight's friendship with Trixie I feel pretty certain she'll be a member. I really hope Discord plays a part in this too. This could be an epic finale!

Considering My biggest complaint about Openers/finales is the fact that the remane 5 are always getting the shaft, this is literally the last thing I wanted

And considering developments this season, I'm expecting yet another Trixie return 

What I tell you a while back? It's like Transformers The Movie - Starlight is Rodimus Prime!  At least this isn't the movie.

Starlight's Team Assemble:

Starlight Glimmer

That Gardener

Snails

Matilda

Fancy Pants!

Best Team Ever!

• Brohoof 2

You say that like they won't appear in the episode at all.

I would prefer that, honestly. 

Of course the mane six will appear, but they're clearly not going to be the episode's focus, which is for the best. If only this wasn't yet another episode about some focus character needing to defeat yet another great threat to Equestria. It's getting really old by this point. 

It wouldn't be a 2-parter without that element.

At least since Haber has been at the helm. Even though McCarthy showered Twilight with glory all throughout her two-parters, she at least had the courtesy to give the mane five an opportunity to do something worthwhile, even if they were relegated to a B-plot. 

Now the mane five are about as useful to two-parters as Celestia is. They're barely even B-plot worthy. They're only present for the sake of filling space. 

The "mane six" have not saved the day in what seems like a really long time. Lately, it's just been Twilight and a few other non-main characters.  

• Brohoof 2

Why would Spike be helping Starlight? He isn't an unlikely hero

He would help Starlight ensemble the unlikely team of heroes though! :D I mean, perhaps it's not the characters that's unlikely, but the characters being brought together as part of the same team could be the unlikely thing.

It would seriously ruin the finale for me if Spike wasn't with her on the mission, and just stuck with the Mane Six.