general Do you like rats?

greenflare

24 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like rats?

• Yup!
    • No, I don't.
    • I have mixed feelings on them.
    • I'm not sure!

They're cute, but scary when wildly running around your house.

Generally I like them, but I wouldn't like to have to deal with them in my home, so yeah, mixed feelings I guess.  :-P

Rats and mice are cute and fun to hold/pet, but I don't trust the wild ones and the diseases they can potentially carry. If my dog doesn't get to them, I'll try to just release them somewhere safe. Hamsters will still be my favorites among rodents, but I love how intelligent rats are!

I like rats :squee: I think they are cute,ever since I get to hold a wild kangaroo rat that was in my garage :awuh: *wonders on how did it had gotten in there anyway* :huh:

Edited by Princess Moony

After seeing one that my friend owns and watching some videos, I find pet rats to be quite the cuteness. ^-^ I am not exactly up to petting one just yet, I am a bit paranoid around creatures I am not accustomed to seeing. XD They seem to make wonderful pets though. They get really energetic at times according to videos. :P

• 2 weeks later...

A thrush made a nest in my grape vine. I heard the cries of the mother, I went outside and found a rat devouring one of the nestlings.

I slammed on the beams and kicked the rat against a wall, before crushing it beneath my feet.

I burried them both together in my garden. One for one.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

• 2 years later...

Depends.

As tamed pets, I absolutely LOVE them. They're sweet, they're cute, and they're actually pretty smart too. :)

Wild rats, though, are nasty vermin that I wouldn't touch with a 39 and a half foot pole. :eww:

Rats are awesome! :mlp_yeehaa:

I've only ever kept mice though, courtesy of my cat bringing a couple home during the night on seperate occasions. First one was far too young to return out to the wild, so I looked after it and it enjoyed a good long life. Then my cat brought in a second one a couple of years later. Couldn't return it to the wild due to it being blinded in one eye. She is still going strong. She's lived well past the life expectancy of the average field mouse. Both wild and captivity.

• Brohoof 1

Yes! Rats make fantastic pets! I’m not talking about taking a rat off of the street, of course. I’m referring to adopting one from a rescue or a breeder. After going to veterinary technician school, I got to spend a lot of time with rats. They are lovely animals and can be great companions. Unfortunately, they do not live long and cancer is a common illness.