Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv 'Adult' Cartoons

Member Berry

What 'adult' cartoons would you recommend? I like South Park, The Simpsons (older episodes), Futurama, King of the Hill, Family Guy (older episodes), Bob's Burgers, Archer, American Dad and Rick and Morty.

I'm not a huge fan of 'adult' cartoons which are shocking/offensive for the sake of being shocking/offensive. Offensive does not mean it's automatically funny (I'm looking at you newer Family Guy and Brickleberry)

Edited by Kayleigh
  • Brohoof 1

I really enjoy the dramedy that comes from shows like Daria and Bojack Horseman. They are the only two adult cartoons that I can think of at the top of my head that I really enjoy.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 5

Rick and Morty is about the only adult cartoon I can think of that I like at all, I appreciate the Sci-Fi element to it, it's rather creative and original, and it's got some dark humor I think is actually pretty funny. It's still a bit too vulgar for my tastes though, whether it's trying to be offensive or not, I just typically don't find extremely "adult" humor to be very funny.

That said, I'm really looking forward to the Adult revival of Samurai Jack. I've been watching through the earlier seasons recently and they're already amazing, but the extra potential available to it as an adult show is definitely a plus. We need more adult cartoons that aren't just comedies anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Yup, BoJack Horseman is pretty great. Sadly there aren't too many good adult cartoons, but there is one that looks interesting that I've yet to see, it's called "God, the Devil and Bob", it's about the God and the Devil making a bet about the goodness of people, if an individual of the Devil's choice (Bob) doesn't prove they've made the world a better place God will destroy the world. The odds are that kind of show would try to be as offensive as possible, but from what I've heard that is not the case.

• Brohoof 2

I really enjoy The Simpsons (Older episodes) and I watched it on FXX Channel

I can't watch Rated TV-MA Cartoons because I'm not Old Enough

Edited by Zachary
  • Brohoof 1

I like Futurama and The Simpsons but that's basically it. Rick and Morty and Southpark is pure garbage in my opinion and I can't stand it. I'm not a big fan of Family Guy either but it's decent.

• Brohoof 1

The ones I enjoy include Family Guy, American Dad, Archer, South Park, Rick And Morty, Bojack Horseman. They're all really enjoyable shows that each have their own unique thing to it.

One thing I also wanna mention, one awesome advantage to adult cartoons is they tend to have quite a better longevity compared to normal cartoons, most of these shows either already have a lot of Seasons or still have new seasons coming soon, or both. I really wish normal cartoons were treated with this kind of respect to spend so much time still running.

Edited by OmegaBeamOfficial
  • Brohoof 1

I enjoy watching Bob's Burgers, Rick & Morty and the occasional American Dad episode. All the stalwarts though have gone stale after a while.

I catch episodes of The Simpsons once in a while but they're never as good as the first ten seasons.

I stopped watching Family Guy when it devolved into a liberal mouthpiece for Seth MacFarlane. I started skipping episodes in Season 7 and stopped for good by Season 9.

I liked South Park up until about Season 10 when they intentionally started dating themselves with headline plots.

• Brohoof 1

As far as 'Adult' animations go, I like Futurama (Completed), The Simpsons (Completed), Family Guy (Completed), American Dad (Pretty sure I completed it). Bob's Burgers is quite funny as is Archer. I don't really enjoy South Park, I know it's meant to be satirical but..it just doesn't appeal to me, though I won't stop others watching it. Hmm.. let me think I wouldn't mind watching Rick and Morty.. I do like some M rated anime as well..

• Brohoof 1

I've watched a fair few of them..most of which I've enjoyed to some extent..Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Metalocalypse, Rick and Morty, Futurama, King Of The Hill, American Dad,Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama, Robot Chicken,Space Ghost Coast to Coast...

Waiting on Season 3 of Rick and Morty at the moment....

Might try Archer soon..

Edited by Flutter Baby <3

• 2 weeks later...