Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Do you like The Simpsons?

FlutteringDweamz

Anyone notice how newer Simpsons epsiodes just constantly, constantly mention pop culture and try to use that as a form of humor?

I have, and I don't think it works very well.

• Brohoof 1

I like the older simpsons I have seasons 1 through 12 as well as season 16 on DVD

I plan to get all 17 seasons on DVD I mean to be fair simpsons started to degrade a little around season 14 but you can still find some gems in the rough... well at least until season 19. Season 19 at least in my opinion is when The Simpsons got real bad.

Now in days the fact that many episodes struggle to break even 4 million views when airing should be a prime example that nobody even cares about this show anymore.

I still kinda do like The Simpsons, but I don't watch it very often, and I prefer The Simpsons from the movie and before.

Pretty much the same here, though I like old episodes from the 90's more.

I haven't watched The Simpsons in years, and I think it's been on the air a bit too long. I think Matt Groening should move on to other venues and Old Yeller The Simpson's, before it loas a any more of its mojo.

Sorry, but that's just how I feel!

I've been a huge fan of The Simpsons, when I was a teenager. So much so, that I bought the first ten seasons on DVD. I stopped watching after Season 20 or so, not because I stopped liking it or because I think it went downhill (I still consider myself a casual fan), but because I just started investing my TV time and money on other shows.  

Capture.PNG

If you're a Simpsons fan and have cable/satellite (I have PlayStation Vue), FXX is showing all 600 episodes of The Simpsons right now, by the way.

They're on episode 235 right now (season 11).

Edited by Cloggedone

I like the Simpsons, but I haven't watched it since I left for college. It was better in the past.

Agreed. Though like I said in a previous post, I'm currently watching the Simpsons marathon on FXX just for the heck of it, and the fact they're going from episode 1 to current.

• 2 weeks later...

The Simpsons is one of my favourite shows, especially the first 10 seasons. In case you're willing to ask, Season 6 is my favourite season (Treehouse of Horror V, Lisa on Ice, Homer Badman, Homer the Great, And Maggie Makes Three, Bart Vs. Australia, Two Dozen and One Greyhounds, A Star is Burns, Lemon of Troy, Who Shot Mr Burns? being among the best episodes of any show in TV history IMO, and really capture The Simpsons in their prime).

Yeah I like it. Not sure why though but the older seasons are better for some reason I can't explain. 

EDIT: After brief thought I think it was because the older seasons don't seem fully in control as in they made it up as it went and that unprofessional look actually made it more enjoyable. There were sudden cuts and such that was surprisingly funny even if it wasn't intentional. Much of what made it funny is that it wasn't intentional. So it didn't seem like anything you see on mainstream.

And it seemed they didn't have to try and inject some kind of pop/political reference every scene so it just flowed with less repetitiveness, this is one of the things I see happening more often in the newer seasons, I think it gets a bit tiresome after awhile and makes the show looking almost like Family Guy (which I don't really care for).

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 2

I enjoy the older seasons a lot, not so much the newer stuff. Occasionally I'll watch if it's a good older episode from the first 10 seasons or so.

In fact, I watched this one from Season 4 earlier today. Definitely one of my favorites. :D

83b863d6181e831ad285f9e49d4b23465b935ff9

Edited by Prospekt

• 4 years later...