Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How Would You Rate Your 2016 Year?

CastletonSnob

It's not been a good year for my family. I lost my Grandmother three days after my birthday and one of my Uncles five days after that, a double tragedy that we're still struggling to get over. I also don't like the fact that Trump will be the next president of the U.S., but I live in Canada so the only issue I'll have is his brand of governing coupled with his followers influencing Canadians into doing something similar.

Overall, I'd give 2016 a two out of ten or 20% out of 100%.

• Brohoof 1

2016 (a leap year starting on Friday) is been a great year for me and rate 10/10 when I'm out of town to Vietnam with stopovers in Moscow, Russia and Singapore with my 2nd favorite airliner (the Boeing 777-300ER) and fly with Singapore Airlines (however I want to try EVA Air this year to visit Taipei, Taiwan to see Taipei 101 that is used to be the tallest building in the world from 2004 until 2010; this year I visited Russia (the first time) twice as being the world's largest country in the world when moving on to Singapore in July and then moving back to Houston in August); celebrated my birthday (7/28) in Vietnam; and seeing my friends again from my previous school in a few years ago for their orchestra concert. :D

Also, the election this year, I rate 6/10 for Trump's win because some of you disagree about Trump.

December 31st 2015 my willies predicted a bad year.... they have yet to be proven wrong. December 31st 2016 will be the end of a step from icy cold waters (or slowly increasing currents, depending on one's proverb preferences) onto the very water lapped edge of a cold and condemning iceberg of doom (or into a destructive and consuming whirlpool straight to tartarus). Either way I can only hope 2017 proves to be the year I'm finally wrong about something and otherwise prepare to be eaten alive. 

Negative x/10

Aside from all the global shit that has happened I've been close to death, had enforced hospital stays, had all my medicine removed for a while, I'm no longer allowed to get it at the pharmacy myself so I have to get it 2 times per week at the hospital, lost my old psychologist, had short manic episodes where I spent HELLA lot of money and I don't even know. It has been a shit year

• Brohoof 1

Can't say I'd rate it with a number system,I can't quite quantify it like that.

The first half to 2/3s was a drag without a doubt, I was not doing well in school and I was still suffering from several academic and non academic bad habits and a general poor mindset. The latter third was far better in just about every way minus a few bumps. I hesitate to call the entire year bad, but it has certainly been a learning experience. I will see that 2017 is a better year. 

• Brohoof 2

My 2016 was actually a pretty good year. Mostly because it was the first time I ever made some friends outside of one community that was previously the only community I was social in. It was mostly the friends I made here on the MLP Forums that made 2016 good for me. I also went to BronyCon again, and enjoyed it more than I did in 2015. There were a couple months I was fairly depressed due to a personal thing, and of course there were all of the celebrity deaths and other shity things that happened in 2016. Other than that though, I was satisfied about it.

Oh, and let's not forget the UK leaving the EU. Not sure if it was a good move or not, but this is gonna hurt the UK's economy, big time. Even a powerful nation will eventually be at its mercy. You'll get the idea.

A very terrible year, but at the same time very good

My Youtube channel that I put 7 years of hard work into is losing subscribers every day this year started in early March http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/usurperkingzant/monthly

But I chose that risk in exchange for more freedom to do whatever I want on my channel and what games I can play

I think the trade is slightly better than even

Well, let's break down the year. As it were on the national stage:

- Apart from incidences of mass shootings, I am just as likely now to be shot today as I would in 1962.

- 2016 continues the trend towards lower single-digit employment.

- Despite being lower than it should, this year's wage growth is still higher than last year's earnings and the years before that dating back several years.

- No large scale terrorist attack in the United States this year.

As I stand this year: I actually got a higher paying job. Now, if I were working closer to forty hours a week I'd be better but I can live with it.

I'm not dead

I haven't gotten into any serious injury

I haven't had a car accident this year

My bills are paid

I got around to upgrading my computer

Per the bad:

Old celebrities did as old celebrities do: die.

So brtty gud all in all. 8/10

Edited by AaronMk
  • Brohoof 1

I'd rate it a 5/10 

Could have been better, but there was some things that happenedthis year that were wonderful to me looking forward to next year, I've got some fun things planned!! 

I take that back, I'm rating this year 7/10

1. I started driving in 2016, and that was pretty big to me

2. My favorite NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson won his seventh championship this year, which ties him with the best drivers in NASCAR history

3. Donald Trump became president, which was a good thing for me. ( please, no one hate me ) 

I don't think 2016 is a bad year, more or less that we've simply become a lot more attentive of national events, especially with the US election this year. While turnout had only increased slightly, you do see people in the US, or even worldwide, trying to search for clearer and stronger political opinions. Unfortunately that has also sparked more polarization than ever, and it doesn't take the forums to see that (just look at how hellish the forums was the week after the election). 

Either way I doubt Trump would be the apocalypse people envision. We've been predicting doomsdays of varying scale for centuries now and they almost never come true; people predicted that Brexit would have caused some sort of economic recession and as seen now while the pound's value is at an all time low for the last three decades, growth has been much better than predicted – even if it does somehow turn wrong in the next few years, the UK can still apply back to EU. Even if Trump turns out to be terrible for the next four years he will not win reelection. I am liking how he's reconnecting ties with Taiwan though, and for one of his cabinet members he actually picked Elaine Chao, a Taiwanese American woman (who had worked under GW Bush's cabinet before). 

Also, as @AaronMk had mentioned, the US is actually hitting record lows on crime and gun violence since decades and a few years for unemployment. And 2016, along with the last few years, is showing us more and more that certain technological advances are becoming a reality very quickly. In a decade, autopilot cars, increased immersion in virtual reality, and more complex robots are being developed and would become a bigger part of our every day life. Plus, we may be able to vaccinate or cure big diseases, if not make significantly increase five year survival rates. 

I think this is a pretty good year for me. I got into the university I wanted to go to, though I did realize how ultra-liberal it was. I purchased a lot more games and I have a personal record chess rating. My family is moving back to San Jose next year, too, and we might get another Tesla.

I would rank this year 8.5/10.