Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Neither good nor bad right now, but she was bad during Magic Duel (inb4 someone metion the Alicorn Amulet taking over her mind, she tried to seriously hurt RD even AFTER taking it off and showed no signs of change in attitude).

She's morally grey in my book. She cares for her friend(s), has a generally good heart, and doesn't want to hurt any one, but her #1 goal in life is her self, and satisfying that smug sense of self satisfaction.

I absolutely adore her. <3

She was never bad as in evil, she just had a bad attitude. She's arrogant and big headed and stubborn. The alicorn amulet made her kind of evil but that was dark magic. Now she's trying to be better because she has a friend but she still has the same personality so she's still a little arrogant.

• 1 month later...

She is way to bad to be good and much to good to be bad. XD

No, I think she is good, but doesn't like the mane 6. So, where do you set the line between good and bad.

Edited by Hierok

Trixie was neutral, then bad due to an artifact, then neutral then good. I guess. But thats still somewhat heavy-handed of an approximation. People are more complex usually than simply good or bad, it depends on motivations intentions consequences etc. Then again, tho it'd be difficult, you could make some people perfectly well intentioned and using common-sense, then still produce more disasters than others due to recklessness or misinformation or assumption. So i think consequence is what matters most. But the first episode with Trixie she was just doing her little show and they chased her out of town for basically roleplaying, the worst she did was get carried away when others interrupted her show. Which is bad, but it'd mean she is neutral-bad. Not bad bad, its more complex than most people consider.

Currently she is good and maybe some neutral. She has to earn a living and stuff, she can't get along with everyone. No one can, so to someone she will always seem bad. But seeming =/= is being. Sometimes consequences have different perspectives that can apply to them.

Season One: She never wished any catastrophe upon Ponyville, she was just a little bit of an egomaniac.

Season Three: She just didn't think the Alicorn Amulet would corrupt her body.

Season Six Finale: She was willing to rescue the Alicorns and Mane Six all along.

Trixie isn't a bad Pony, she just made some bad choices.

Edited by Starlight Flyer

Trixie was never evil, she's an egomaniac and her distaste for Twilight (which is mutual) has led her to make stupid choices a bunch of times, but like we've seen in the end she's typically regretful when shes fucks up and at one of the most critical moments of her life in S6 finale, Trixie was willing to basically sacrifice herself to give Starlight and Thorax a chance to save Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

She's like Discord, kind of good in a funny sort of way.

i can agree with that she may have started out as a bit of a showoff but i think Hasbro tried to reform her and made her a rainbow/discord crossbreed in the process (personality wise)

Edited by Hoppy

Season Six had two huge highlights for me, one of which was how they approached Trixie. Her flaws, struggles, and disposition make her a bit more relatable. For a while, any character growth from her was restricted to comics while we awaited her return on the show, but her two appearance last year came close to knocking it out if the park for me.

I don't think she was evil, more like a a rival or antagonist. An argument can be made that her treatment in Boast Busters was not entirely her fault leading to an interesting conversation on causative fault for Magic Dual.

During her season Six return, we find Trixie lonely and still jealous of Twilight, and even though she found a bond with Starlight some of her characterizations remained. She can still be abrasive and self-centered, and needs a little prodding at times. Her ego is one of her attributes that her fans like about her, but now we've seen how loyal she can be ... and at her core she will do the right thing.

Bad? No. She is definitely one of the most 'human' characters on the show though.

She wasn't bad to start with, half the mane 6 treated her like crap, so what did they expect when she came back in S3? They caused it, it bit them in the ass. The sad part is, it took until S6 for someone to finally give her a chance, and Starlight showed more kindness and friendship than most of the other cast, outside some stupid ass "MAH LESSON" episode.

Then Trixie helped save Equestria with Starlight, even though she was still kinda pissed at Twilight for the stuff before, and for the crap in No Second Prances.

In short, no she's not bad. She made mistakes, sure, but the cause don't to admit they did, and it took someone else who made a stupid mistake to correct their mistake.

Also; people who didn't like Trixie until she was "redeemed" are weakest race.

• 1 year later...

Trixie was just jealous of Twilight, that's what fuelled her to be so egoistic, and caused her to be a showoff in stage magic. After other ponies found out the lies Trixie has told, she was humiliated and wanted to bully everypony in ponyville, particularly Twilight by using the Alicorn Amulet. I don't think Trixie is bad, she just makes bad decisions. She said herself all the things that she did was just because of jealousy. She's working on being a better pony since she met Starlight, her first friend.

• Brohoof 2

She was neutral, nor good or bad. She was never anywhere near evil. She leans on the good side of things now cause of Starlight.

Starlight is weird. She's like a sociopath and a empath at the same time. Twilight can't even bother to deal with Trixie but Starlight became her friend which ultimately made her a better person. At the same time... she still does sociopathic things every now and again.

Edited by Kadeda