Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any geeks/nerds here?

zerox

Well I'm definitely a real geek with computer stuff like hardware parts and how software operates. That's a good thing as I could locate any problems and fix them if something happens. Plus I'm also a real nerd when it comes to physics as in my head I have a physics engine that alows me to quickly understand the workings of anything. :)

Edited by Techno Universal
  • Brohoof 3

When it comes to gaming, probably both. Math stuff probably both. Never got into super heroes (I don't like the concept for the most part), and have thought about watching anime possibly.

When it comes to the general stereotype, kind of close, but probably a little more edgy.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on what you mean when talking about a geek/nerd.

But I do identify myself as part of geek culture, such as video games, and cartoons, and movies and tv shows and the like.

So I guess you can say I am a geek.

• Brohoof 1

*reads topic title*

lol, you're on a site full of bronies, what do you think? :P

I'd say yes to your question but what defines them, really? I'm on my computer or in front of the tv watching movies almost 24/7 so there's that.

• Brohoof 3

No.

How absurd.

Each and every one of us are perfectly generic non-obsessive citizens.

Statistically improbable, yes, but truth is stranger than fiction, as they say.

Rather ironically, the preceding sentences imply that I am a nerd/geek, as Google says that a nerd is "a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious" and a geek is "an unfashionable or socially inept person".

But, I assure you, I am perfectly societally capable, and this formal demeanour is JUST A SHAM TO KEEP THE ALL-SEEING STATE FROM HUNTING ME DOWN FOR NON-CONFORMISM a normal and rational approach to life, shared by all users on this forum UNLESS THEY HAVE AN ANTI-BIG BROTHER DEATH WISH and enjoyed by GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ONLY, BECAUSE THEY'RE BEING BRIBED each and every member of our fine country WHICH IS PART OF A CORRUPT GLOBAL ECONOMIC CONGLOMERATE FEEDING OFF OUR IGNORANCE.

True story.

I have absolutely no interest in maths, physics, cats, bunnies, pixel games, antique gadgets, Marvel, irony, being interesting, conspiracies, or friendship horses, despite what my bio [abbr. "biographical summary"; Department of Precision of Information editorial note] and/or manner of expressing myself may suggest.

• Brohoof 3

If a geek is someone who is technologically adept, I would NOT consider myself one. However I do consider myself a nerd, decidedly! I'm into stuff that often falls under categories of 'nerdy' and I am into them voraciously. I fill my head up with every last detail of information in inconsequential subjects, and I immerse myself in them totally and with conviction.

Star Wars anyone?  :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

"A nerd is a person seen as overly intellectual, obsessive, or lacking social skills. Such a person may spend inordinate amounts of time on unpopular, little known, or non-mainstream activities, which are generally either highly technical, abstract, or relating to topics of fiction or fantasy, to the exclusion of more mainstream activities. Additionally, many so-called nerds are described as being shy, quirky, pedantic, and unattractive, and may have difficulty participating in, or even following, sports."

Aside from the overly intellectual part and fashion style, I'm a nerd.

Edited by (-_-) Panzysoldat

I identify as a nerd by this definition. It may not be the most accurate, but it's what makes sense to me. A nerd is "a person who pointlessly obsesses over media and hobbies, and has made that obsession an identifying trait". I feel this definition is broad enough in nature to cover several different possibilities.

Put simply, if what you do for fun defines you, you are a nerd. :L

1 hour ago, (-_-) Panzysoldat said:

"A nerd is a person .... lacking social skills .... shy ....unattractive"

So because I'm neither shy or lack social skills I'm not a nerd, or what? Hah. And I'm certainly not unattractive, I'm the sexiest human in town!!

• Brohoof 1

I label myself geek, I like Superheroes, Fictional Characters I'm into, Doctor Who and Star Wars. Get into things like fictional characters I like and landmarks. Have Geek badge on my bag, geek keyring with my key and other keyings and have a t-shirt with Geek, well have many badges and keyrings on my bag and with just one house key with many keyrings and owned many geeky/pop culture t-shirts. I'm always go/stay home after school/college/work. I'm always on my computer. I have many waifus and have teddies for company. Do read comic every week. Do take things with me everywhere I go like few  teddys & toys. Guess that enough.

I do think nerd as being smart and knowing everything.

Edited by Adam Burt

I would consider myself to be a nerd/geek and I have also been referred to as one because of how obsessed I am with anime and video games. I don't associate the terms "nerd" and "geek" with a negative conotation. I think that you like what you like and that's totally fine with me :)