Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

(edited)

Wait? Tich you're a girl right? And Kryonea is defiantly boy? I don't even know anymore.

They are both male since there is only one female on the mod team. So Tich is a boy.

Edited by RaccoonBL

I am very much straight. Considering my religion too, gays are not allowed, so even if I was, I wouldn't be allowed. But again, I am straight.

What religion are you that doesn't allow people to love whoever they feel they should love?

I am not afraid to say it tho I am bisexual myself but I have to keep it a secret from my family cause they are very religious people if I told them I was bisexual they will think I am being posses by Satan.

Christianity, The largest one.

But, in reality, the Bible says nothing about loving the same sex and homosexual relationships. At least not to my knowledge. It's very specific in referring to sexual relations. Now I know that's usually the road relationships go down. However, I've never been convinced that the Bible actually states/means much of anything that the Christians who claim so boldly that their religion is against homosexuality say.

• Brohoof 3

I am not afraid to say it tho I am bisexual myself but I have to keep it a secret from my family cause they are very religious people if I told them I was bisexual they will think I am being posses by Satan.

I know the feeling. I told my parents and they were fine with it but I won't tell my grandparents because they are really conservative and would demand that I go to a mental asylum for being bisexual. To them, gays, lesbians, and members of the LGBT Community aren't "all there" so they must be put into a mental hospital. I don't want to go down that road so I just don't even talk about it.

But, in reality, the Bible says nothing about loving the same sex and homosexual relationships. At least not to my knowledge. It's very specific in referring to sexual relations. Now I know that's usually the road relationships go down. However, I've never been convinced that the Bible actually states/means much of anything that the Christians who claim so boldly that their religion is against homosexuality say.

Probably the reason people say the concept of homosexuality is disallowed is because in Christianity, homosexual sexual relations are not allowed (There are actually some really good reasons, surprisingly.). Honestly, you don't hear much about lasting relationships that don't have sex. That's because most human beings feel some bizzare compulsion to have sex. So, either you have people in homosexual relationships dumping each other before sex (Which has little to no probability of happening), or it would not be allowed in Christianity.

Essentially, people want to have their cake and eat it too. But, again, there are too many reason for disallowing it and no benefits to allowing it.

Probably the reason people say the concept of homosexuality is disallowed is because in Christianity, homosexual sexual relations are not allowed (There are actually some really good reasons, surprisingly.). Honestly, you don't hear much about lasting relationships that don't have sex. That's because most human beings feel some bizzare compulsion to have sex. So, either you have people in homosexual relationships dumping each other before sex (Which has little to no probability of happening), or it would not be allowed in Christianity.

Essentially, people want to have their cake and eat it too. But, again, there are too many reason for disallowing it and no benefits to allowing it.

Uhhhh wasn't the whole "no homosexuals" thing because of Paul the Evangelist being really closed-minded and not understanding that two people of the same gender can LOVE each other? There's just as many hetero horndogs as there are gay ones and just as many celibates in both or ones who are in it for the love rather than sex.

Also, I don't exactly know what you mean by "people want to have their cake and eat it too" in this context. Can you explain?

This argument I'd the main one made. But it's not the bible but the clergy that interprets it that states this.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not gay, but don't really care for the opposite sex either. I mean, hot chicks are nice and all, but I most likely will never have a significant other. I prefer to be lonely and miserable. (Sounds like fun, right?)

• Brohoof 1

Uhhhh wasn't the whole "no homosexuals" thing because of Paul the Evangelist being really closed-minded and not understanding that two ponies of the same gender can LOVE each other? There's just as many hetero horndogs as there are gay ones and just as many celibates in both or ones who are in it for the love rather than sex.

Also, I don't exactly know what you mean by "ponies want to have their cake and eat it too" in this context. Can you explain?

It was actually due to a misinterpretation of Leviticus 18:22. And honestly, there are pretty good reasons for keeping that verse enforced. The problems that existed before didn't magically go away. Heterosexual and homosexual sex alike are known for an enormous amount of pitfalls and hazards, most of which cannot be avoided.

As for "people want to have their cake and eat it too", that means people just aren't satisfied with the concept of a relationship entirely devoid of sex. Why they feel it is needed is beyond me, but human beings are known for the incredible capacity for bad decisions and stupidity. I've lived almost two decades, and in those years, there are two things I have never come close to seeing: A smart politician and an asexual homosexual.

It was actually due to a misinterpretation of Leviticus 18:22. And honestly, there are pretty good reasons for keeping that verse enforced. The problems that existed before didn't magically go away. Heterosexual and homosexual sex alike are known for an enormous amount of pitfalls and hazards, most of which cannot be avoided.

As for "people want to have their cake and eat it too", that means people just aren't satisfied with the concept of a relationship entirely devoid of sex. Why they feel it is needed is beyond me, but human beings are known for the incredible capacity for bad decisions and stupidity. I've lived almost two decades, and in those years, there are two things I have never come close to seeing: A smart politician and an asexual homosexual.

So one orientation is just as bad as the other for having the all the same pitfalls and hazards right? Well, they're equal, that I can agree on.

And of course, I see what you mean now. Also, I'm quite sure there do exist asexual homosexuals. They're just less known because, well...these things tend to be kept more secret than the heteronorm. Even then people view asexuals as very odd people regardless of orientation.

• Brohoof 2

Actually, it's impossible for someone to be an asexual homosexual, lol.

See, that would mean "A person who does not have sex that has sex with members of the same gender.". It's an etymological joke.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Actually, it's impossible for someone to be an asexual homosexual, lol.

See, that would mean "A person who does not have sex that has sex with members of the same gender.". It's an etymological joke.

I agree I think what they meant was an asexual Homophilic person

cause homo=same and phile=love if that isn't self-explanatory.

Edited by willinilly
  • Brohoof 1

Well I've never met a male who I'd imagine pursuing a romantic relationship with but I have met woman who I've had romantic interests with so by default I'd say I'm straight.

HOWEVER, I am NOT one of those people who would completely shut the door on that topic. If I were to meet a gay man whom was such a beautiful example of godly man chocolate inside and out then I'd probably develop a romantic interest for and I would pursue them, so would that make me bisexual?

In conclusion, by practice and experience straight, in theory bisexual, female preferred.

(Though I'd never be open outside these forums about such theory, my Father would kill me! :( )

Exactly my stance.

Oh, so heterosexuals aren't welcome here? THAT'S TOTALLY HETEROPHOBIC! :lol:

not everyday you hear that term....