Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What are you most afraid of?

PlzDelete

I fear of plenty of things. I could explain them in a lot of detail but I think I'll just make a list of what I fear MOST. Here goes:

War - War is something I've feared for years. Especially nuclear war. Hearing about it just makes my skin crawl. I actually planned an escape route out of the country if it were to happen.

Disease Outbreak - I have a bit of a paranoia with germs. When I hear about outbreaks of things like Ebola, Swine Flu, Bird Flu, Mad Cow Disease and ect. my paranoia goes overboard!

Murder - I live in a relatively safe place. Still, there are a few sketchy people that pop up around here. I'm afraid one of them will pull out a gun/knife and try to kill me. 

Car crashes - I usually take the bus to places but sometimes my family members offer to drive me. I fear one day some drunk on the road will kill us. 

Death it's self - I fear the Reaper more than anything. Life is precious. It's something you can't get back. 

• Brohoof 4

I am most afraid of living my whole life alone, never finding a romantic partner, and never experiencing what I personally consider to be the most wonderful thing in life and the very purpose of existence, which is true love.  Not saying that love and romance is the best or most important thing for everyone, I just know that that's true for me.

• Brohoof 5

2 minutes ago, Justin_Case001 said:

I am most afraid of living my whole life alone, never finding a romantic partner, and never experiencing what I personally consider to be the most wonderful thing in life and the very purpose of existence, which is true love.  Not saying that love and romance is the best or most important thing for everyone, I just know that that's true for me.

That used to be a big fear of mine when I was in middle school. I somehow outgrew it. I still understand those feelings though. You'll probably find someone before me. XD 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah for me my primary fear is failing my mission of creating the Troneon society or dying before then because I know that without me for filling my mission humanity will eventually kill itself and remove itself from existence. So it's really a case of saving humanity from eminent suicide. :)

27 minutes ago, Justin_Case001 said:

I feel the same way I'm an outcast to society very socially awkward so this is a big fear of mine

• Brohoof 2

Similar to what techno said, to pass away before achieving my life long goals is a thought that well, shakes me to my core.

I am right into German tanks and aircraft of the second world war,  it is my dream to own a large private collection of restored and recreated pieces, the though of "falling short" per se, truly is a harrowing one.

• Brohoof 2

Currently my biggest fear is failing to accomplish my life goals. Last month I had a few nightmares where I did something and screwed all chances of accomplishing one of my goals... was not very pleasant.

I don't fear death, but I do fear somethings that cause death... I've been known to panic if I can't breath regardless of cause. Suffocation would not be a good way for me to go out.

Oh I'm also terrified of bees, and am mildly disturbed by blood that isn't my own.

• Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, Snowflake Frostflame said:

Currently my biggest fear is failing to accomplish my life goals. Last month I had a few nightmares where I did something and screwed all chances of accomplishing one of my goals... was not very pleasant.

I don't fear death, but I do fear somethings that cause death... I've been known to panic if I can't breath regardless of cause. Suffocation would not be a good way for me to go out.

Oh I'm also terrified of bees, and am mildly disturbed by blood that isn't my own.

I have already failed at life so I'm not really scared anymore.

With the bee thing, I personally think they are cute. :P

• Brohoof 1

Somewhere buried deep in this site is a thread similar to this one, in which I gave an answer of my greatest fear. Seeing as that fear actually came to pass a few years later ... I'll happily wimp out and say walking into a spider web. 

• Brohoof 2

A few off the top of my head would include:

Natural disasters. There's just no defense.

Car trouble in the middle of nowhere (or in a bad area).

Crime. Especially personal assault of any kind.

Health issues/injury.

Losing a loved one.

Aggressive animals. 

Icky things (snakes, spiders, some people I know).

• Brohoof 3

13 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

A few off the top of my head would include:

Natural disasters. There's just no defense.

Car trouble in the middle of nowhere (or in a bad area).

Crime. Especially personal assault of any kind.

Health issues/injury.

Losing a loved one.

Aggressive animals. 

Icky things (snakes, spiders, some people I know).

I can relate to all of those. Especially losing a loved one. 

• Brohoof 1

Probably death. Often just thinking about it sends me into a horrid feeling of "someday I won't exist anymore, what am I going to do" and it's one of the most terrifying feelings I've ever felt.

Something else would be war or disease - I do see a reoccurring theme here though as both have the possibility to lead to death. Many of my fears tend to be related to dying, for example the death of a loved one, having my loved ones dealing with someone else's death, or just the idea of dead bodies.

Something else that isn't related to that thing mentioned so many times above! Being left alone by the people I care about. I'm a bit paranoid and often think about things like that happening but at the moment it feels like it's not going to happen (anytime soon).

My biggest fear would be to be alone. I’m not talking about being single, but I’m talking about having no one around me. No person, no pet, nothing. I still get lonely at times but I know that I’m not alone, yet.

Another fear would be death but I think that’s pretty common. I just try to not think about it, but if I must explain why, it’s because nobody knows what’s after. I hope more than anything that reincarnation is a thing but I’m terrified that it’s going to be nothing for the rest of eternity. No breathing, no seeing, no hearing, no feeling. EVERYTHING will be gone and that’s that. The end. I have however come to accept that eventually it will happen and that I’m sure that once the day is here, it’s probably not going to be as scary as I imagine now which is why it’s not my biggest fear anymore.

• Brohoof 2

I'm actually afraid of being forgotten. More than to be alone, I fear the day where someone or those I care about just... Forget about me, move on without inching an eye at how I might feel. For me, that's a worse destiny than death, in fact I do not feel afraid of death because at least its a feeling of end even with its set of problems, being removed from someone's memory will just stalk me until my days are over. Even nowadays, after having worked on this for a long time I can feel a tremendous stress even when something as small as someone not replying to me can make me go that way, and I know it's not even for a good reason, but it happens sadly.

• Brohoof 5

10 minutes ago, StrawCherry said:

My biggest fear would be to be alone. I’m not talking about being single, but I’m talking about having no one around me. No person, no pet, nothing. I still get lonely at times but I know that I’m not alone, yet.

Another fear would be death but I think that’s pretty common. I just try to not think about it, but if I must explain why, it’s because nobody knows what’s after. I hope more than anything that reincarnation is a thing but I’m terrified that it’s going to be nothing for the rest of eternity. No breathing, no seeing, no hearing, no feeling. EVERYTHING will be gone and that’s that. The end. I have however come to accept that eventually it will happen and that I’m sure that once the day is here, it’s probably not going to be as scary as I imagine now which is why it’s not my biggest fear anymore.

Death is not the thing I worry about. The fact that no-one remembers you or the fact you leave people disappointent is a far greater fear of mine. :grin:

3 minutes ago, Lightwing said:

I'm actually afraid of being forgotten. More than to be alone, I fear the day where someone or those I care about just... Forget about me, move on without inching an eye at how I might feel. For me, that's a worse destiny than death, in fact I do not feel afraid of death because at least its a feeling of end even with its set of problems, being removed from someone's memory will just stalk me until my days are over. Even nowadays, after having worked on this for a long time I can feel a tremendous stress even when something as small as someone not replying to me can make me go that way, and I know it's not even for a good reason, but it happens sadly.

Lucky for both of us that I have long-term memory when it comes to social interaction! I won't forget about you or this site for a long time. I may fear death but I will NEVER forget my friends until then. 

• Brohoof 3

my biggest fear is that over the coming years after graduation (its already starting not even 5 months after I graduated) all my friends would be too busy or go their separate ways that we will lose contact. i only hung out with them once since the end of summer. during the summer even i only hung out like 3 times. talking over text is never the same than talking in person...:(  also being forgotten by them as well...

another one would be a fear of open doors, at night mostly. I get really scared when I have my door closed when I go to sleep to wake up in the middle of the night to see it open wide.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, KrazyDashie said:

my biggest fear is that over the coming years after graduation (its already starting not even 5 months after I graduated) all my friends would be too busy or go their separate ways that we will lose contact. i only hung out with them once since the end of summer. during the summer even i only hung out like 3 times. talking over text is never the same than talking in person...:(  also being forgotten by them as well...

another one would be a fear of open doors, at night mostly. I get really scared when I have my door closed when I go to sleep to wake up in the middle of the night to see it open wide.

Very understandable. Being an adult can really suck that way. I hope you and your friends will get to spend the holidays together (Halloween or Christmas)!

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, PuddingPonyPal said:

Very understandable. Being an adult can really suck that way. I hope you and your friends will get to spend the holidays together (Halloween or Christmas)!

yeah... I hope so too...

I am afraid of losing more people who are close to me. Especially when it's so sudden...

I'm also afraid of rejection :(. So much so that I often hesitate to do things because nothing feels worse to me than being rejected. :c

Oh, and No Face from Spirited Away :blink: 

I don't fear death; in fact I probably wouldn't want to live forever. And being forgotten? Well if I'm already dead, then how would I know :P 

• Brohoof 1