Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should humanity just kill the ponies on sight?

Bendy

Knowing how hostile ponies are often in fan fiction would we be better off just exterminating ponies on first contact? Nuke them to oblivion and be done with it?

Edited by Bendy

36 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Really? They’re hostile in fan fiction, so we should nuke them? I don’t even want to take the time to go into how wrong this question is. 

We don't know if they good ones or now. So, should we just nuke them just to be safe? Granted, it would upset little to see them die, but it would stop TCB Ponies plans from evening happening if we such a xenophobic attitude.

Edited by Bendy

2 minutes ago, Midnight Seashell said:

I don't think genocide is a good idea

I don't like it either. But knowing many fan fictions, the ponies don't have the best intentions for humanity. They offer the hand of friendship, only to bite it later on. (Depending on what ponies were dealing with from fan fiction, like the Conversion Bureau)

6 minutes ago, Bendy said:

We don't know if they good ones or now. So, should we just nuke them just to be safe? Granted, it would upset little to see them die, but it would stop TCB Ponies plans from evening happening if we such a xenophobic  attitude.

Okay then, no, I don’t support preemptive nuclear attacks, it ruins the whole idea of MAD, and is ethically bankrupt. 

There are plenty of ways to evaluate a potential threat without resorting to attempted genocide. 

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Okay then, no, I don’t support preemptive nuclear attacks, it ruins the whole idea of MAD, and is ethically bankrupt. 

There are plenty of ways to evaluate a potential threat without resorting to attempted genocide. 

Many humans could die. And we could have a bitter sweet victory, after a long and terrible war. But... I guess, the death toll on both sides would probably make both stop fighting... and even have friendship. 

There would be no genocide in this scenario on either side, but humanity may had suffered a lot. A bitterness between ponies and humans would last long.

Or we lose... all of humanity is dead.

Edited by Bendy

8 minutes ago, Bendy said:

Many humans could die. And we could have a bitter sweet victory, after a long and terrible war. But... I guess, the death toll on both sides would probably make both stop fighting... and even have friendship. 

There would be no genocide in this scenario on either side, but humanity may had suffered a lot. A bitterness between ponies and humans would last long.

If an alien race, of whatever variety invaded with the purpose of conquest, either they already have a way to negate our nuclear ability, or they don’t. If they do, a preemptive strike is meaningless. If they don’t, holding off on a first strike wouldn't make much difference in the long run, and would prevent a war if they aren’t even hostile to begin with. 

Nuclear attacks should always be a last resort. 

Edited by ShootingStar159
  • Brohoof 1

No, committing genocide to stop another possible genocide that might not even happen is just horribly wrong. Also, seriously judging Ponies potential threat based off of fanfiction's? Fanfic's often go against the portrayals of characters in the show, especially stuff like TCB, and if we ever did somehow encounter a real "Equestria" by some means, there's no guarantee it'd be anything like either the show or fanfic's, but why would anyone's first resort for judging them be to go look at some obscure fanfiction? If we nuke them on sight there's just as likely a chance we just nuked a totally peaceful race of ponies, whether they're like the canon cartoon or not.

Considering their magical power too, if they somehow manage to block the nukes, since they have magic and stuff and who knows what they'd be capable of in reality, well we just fired the first shot. I won't be able to blame them too hard for retaliating themselves after that.

• Brohoof 7

First a topic about cannibalism, then this.

Genocide isn't really a good option. It is a bloody terrible one. Why should our first meeting with a non-human race end with one of us dead? Potentially Harming!? yeah..0501d8cdca70205789c0c2d4994ddfac.thumb.jpg.947b869a7b76e2ed26c8cfb852464320.jpg

I don't know if you can see her hatred of humans in her eyes.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, using weapons that are only built and kept so that they are not needed on a target that might be hostile based on fanfiction, of all things, is a really terrible idea.

There's defending yourself, and there's being a genocidal maniac.

• Brohoof 2

I feel like we would drop a nuke, and they would just teleport it over one of our cities, regardless of weaponry, it is REALLY hard to defeat a world of OP magic and sorcery,  you NEVER want to go to war with a race that can control the weather.

"excuse me <insert human leader> The war with the ponies is going well, we have taken Appleloosa."

Sun goes away

"Uh...sir. They can control the sun.

I don't see how a scenario of ponies mingling with humans would have to warrant genocide. TCB is an imaginary scenario that portrays the ponies very differently from the actual show. It's like all the fics that portray Celestia as a monstrous dictator; that's obviously not the Celestia we know from the actual show. So I wouldn't use the behavior of characters in a fanfic to make assumptions about how they would behave in a real scenario. Especially assumptions that would cause widespread violence.

• Brohoof 1

There is a chance, the ponies we killed weren't the bad ones. But should we really take this risk? Even if many humans have to die?

How would the ponies prove they don't have hostile intentions with a mad man (paranoid freak) screaming at Princess Celestia while holding a TCB fan fiction in his lands and accusing her of planing the downfall of humanity with his fan fiction as proof?

Edited by Bendy

3 minutes ago, Bendy said:

There is a chance, the ponies we killed weren't the bad ones. But should we really take this risk? Even if many humans have to die?

How would the ponies prove they don't have hostile intentions with mad man screaming at Princess Celestia while holding a TCB fan fiction in his lands?

If the ponies decided to nuke us first using a "Mega-Spell" (to borrow the term from Fallout: Equestria.) or whatever they have, without warning or any attempt at diplomacy, just because we "could" be a threat...We'd view them as monsters, wouldn't we? But think of how many pony lives could potentially be saved from the threat of humanity! They have every reason to do it!

No, if we'd consider them monsters for striking first, with no good reason to do so, then we're monsters for it too. If you argue it's reasonable for us to commit genocide on another intelligent species just because they "Might" be a threat based off no real reason, then it also must be reasonable for them to do the same. Or, alternatively, neither is reasonable at all.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:

If the ponies decided to nuke us first using a "Mega-Spell" (to borrow the term from Fallout: Equestria.) or whatever they have, without warning or any attempt at diplomacy, just because we "could" be a threat...We'd view them as monsters, wouldn't we? But think of how many pony lives could potentially be saved from the threat of humanity! They have every reason to do it!

No, if we'd consider them monsters for striking first, with no good reason to do so, then we're monsters for it too. If you argue it's reasonable for us to commit genocide on another intelligent species just because they "Might" be a threat based off no real reason, then it also must be reasonable for them to do the same. Or, alternatively, neither is reasonable at all.

Hmm. I guess, the price could be worth in the end. There could be friendship between humans and ponies, even if we had a war.

tumblr_inline_n93lhtlPd91rnw8xk.gif

Just saying that gif is kinda relevant to my first thought at the topic title. 

The ponies obviously have more to fear from our various societies than we do them. They have far more restraint than we do. And as this is in Show Discussion I'm limiting my thoughts to officially stories. 

• Brohoof 3

no offense, but if theres anything some of the users in this fandom have taught me, its how to spot political agenda promotions.

and i can see your agenda from a mile away.

• Brohoof 2

Should ponies just kill humanity on sight?

Knowing how hostile humans are in general would ponies be better off just exterminating humans on first contact? Magic bomb them to oblivion and be done with it? Why talk when you can slaughter, amirite? There are some that are peaceful, and some that are warmongers... but if they are all eradicated you don't have to go that extra mile of trying to sort them out and build any sort of honest relationship, you can just live in blissful denial that everyone but you and yours is evil and the world belongs to you. It has been working for thousands of years, why change it now right?

• Brohoof 1

44 minutes ago, Obi-Quiet said:

tumblr_inline_n93lhtlPd91rnw8xk.gif

Just saying that gif is kinda relevant to my first thought at the topic title. 

The ponies obviously have more to fear from our various societies than we do them. They have far more restraint than we do. And as this is in Show Discussion I'm limiting my thoughts to officially stories. 

You’ve been on a heck of a Star Wars kick lately. I only mention it because I find that far more interesting than this topic.

• Brohoof 1