Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Maud Couple  

130 users have voted

1. 1. Like or dislike?

• Boulder: "Maud's boyfriend stinks." (I HATE IT! >__<)
    • Maud: "This episode's the most basic of jokes." (I dislike it.)
    • Pinkie: "Eh. I've seen better!" (…meh…)
    • Gummy: "Maud's boyfriend rocks." (I like it!)
    • Pinkie *to Gilda*: "Great! ^__^" (I LOVE IT! <3)

Overall expecting this to be a very funny episode but might end up feeling like a retread of Rock Solid Friendship, hoping it doesn't but either way with Confalone behind it I am sure it will be a solid episode.

• Brohoof 2

Another Maud episode (with Pinkie), by Nick Confalone. Hummmm, why i have a feeling this ep will be another version of Rock Solid Friendship? And Pinkie will act over-protective again and this time that guy is really annoying to justify that? Or its all misunderstood? 

Nick's humors are usually good, his dialogues are usually snappy and fun to watch so this episode wont be boring.

This is a good start for romance in this season,most likely will be the only ep.with a love-related plot.

I'd really like a yuri couple in the show,but probably not.Lyra& Bon Bon is the 1 ppl.will think of,but a good couple must include top characters.My only hint is V^2.

After all,it's not the Legend of Korra about here. 

One of the new season 8 trailers showed a stallion implied to be Maud's new coltfriend, and his cutie mark is a literal stick in the mud. Yeah, no wonder somepony like Pinkie can't stand him.

• 2 weeks later...

Well in this case Pinkie Pie should get her own boyfriend I mean if somepony as wired as maud can get a boyfriend why can't Pinkie Pie

I mean the mane 6 should of had their Stallion friends a long time ago

1 hour ago, NathanW200 said:

Well in this case Pinkie Pie should get her own boyfriend I mean if somepony as wired as maud can get a boyfriend why can't Pinkie Pie

I mean the mane 6 should of had their Stallion friends a long time ago

The show staff don't really want to give the mane 6 boyfriends because a lot of episodes would have to have said boyfriends in them. I personally don't want romance to be a topic for any of the mane 6 aside from the occasional Rarity crush.

3 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

The show staff don't really want to give the mane 6 boyfriends because a lot of episodes would have to have said boyfriends in them. I personally don't want romance to be a topic for any of the mane 6 aside from the occasional Rarity crush.

well neither of us can control what the show staff do so if they do they do if they don't they don't I mean what's wrong with getting a boyfriend anyway

Edited by NathanW200

5 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Uh huh... That is pretty obvious but okay.

The real answer is why are they continuing EG as a seperate series when G5 comes out but not FIM especially when FIM has higher ratings 

5 minutes ago, NathanW200 said:

The real answer is why are they continuing EG as a seperate series when G5 comes out but not FIM especially when FIM has higher ratings 

G5, future of EG is not relevant to this episode and thus it doesn't belong in this thread, but I will say that nothing is set in stone yet.

Just now, Ryanmahaffe said:

G5, future of EG is not relevant to this episode and thus it doesn't belong in this thread, but I will say that nothing is set in stone yet.

okay should I change this thread

Spoiler

I'm actually surprised about Pinkie apparently not being able to stand this boyfriend; any ideas of why?

I put this in spoilers; wasn't sure if I should just write it normally

• Brohoof 1

Is anyone else Jealous right now? Maud is one of my favorite ponies so this kind of hurts me as the kind of brony who likes to fantasize a lot of the various favorite characters of theirs......ehh...I guess as long as Twilight or Trixie doesn't get BF's I will be OK. 

I am going to say that this character is going to be someone new. Someone who doesn't like pies or candy and is probably going to be someone who reacts negatively to pinkie's attitude and quarks. Either that or we will get the old "pretends to be nice but is secretly a jerk" cliche where he is just trying to get something from maud until pinkie uncovers hoof he really is. 

Or we can HIGHBALL this one and call this the "very special episode" we have all be waiting to come to after school from and find out that it's an episode about domestic abuse; and what to do about it when it occurs to a family member or friend that you know. Yeah? maybe Pinkie pie doesn't like him because he is physically or mentally abusive? ..... No?....yeah....that could get really awkward and might scare off children if done wrong. NVM...

Edited by Star Petal

I am disappointed there have not been more rock and mineral jokes about this whole premise save for the cobble I saw. You all disappoint me.

Either way kinda of curious about this new BF of hers... as someone above mentioned maybe he is a rockstar, ore maybe just a stoner. I have no concrete proof of this, just a hunch it is where they will take it. Either way, Maud is a true gem trying to start a clean slate in Ponyville, so hopefully whomever he is, he will not take her for granite. I do imagine this will be a very hard episode for some, and I am sure some of you are petrified about it, and being crystal clear here it might leave me a bit jaded as well, but we can just chalk it up to all of us being fans of the character and wanting the best for her. Hopefully Pinky won't be trying to erode this relationship like she did the one between Starlight and Maud... but no pressure on the writers.

It should be a very solid episode... and I do look forward to everyone else chipping in their thoughts.

OK, I will leave now. :muffins:

*How many puns can you find hidden in the paragraph? And how long can I dodge the rotten fruit coming my way?

• Brohoof 2

On 2/23/2018 at 12:39 AM, sweetolebob18 said:

I'm hoping for Prince Blueblood, but I doubt it

Prince Blueblood would NEVER affiliate himself romantically with Commoners. Especially gold-diggers like Rarity! That's evidenced in "The Best Night Ever."

During a promo for season 8, they showed a clip of Maud's presumed boyfriend at the counter of Sugar Cube Corner, with his cutie mark being a literal stick in the mud. So, yeah. A party pony like Pinkie not being able to stand him makes perfect sense.

40 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

During a promo for season 8, they showed a clip of Maud's presumed boyfriend at the counter of Sugar Cube Corner, with his cutie mark being a literal stick in the mud. So, yeah. A party pony like Pinkie not being able to stand him makes perfect sense.

I think the joke will be he is just like Maud, and while Pinkie can see the personality behind Maud, she won't be able to see it for this dude.
Maybe..

• Brohoof 3