Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What is your favorite musical and song from a musical?

kaiser5578

So guys what is your favorite musical (like phantom of the opera or hairspray) and your favorite song from a musical?

for me it has to be Jekyll and Hyde

and the song ha to be 'The Neva Flows' from Anastasia 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

My favourite musical would have to be West Side Story. I know it's a popular choice, but I mean it's popular for a reason! Amazing story, great songs, and decent choreography. :lol: 

But my favourite musical number doesn't come from West Side Story, I think my favourite song would have to be "The Old Gumbie Cat" from Cats (The Broadway version, not the Original London Cast). It goes from somewhat sombre and slow to a fun, bouncy and fast-paced tune, which proceeds to a random marching band tattoo segment. It makes no sense together, but still manages to sound really well and I absolutely love it. :P I also love how the lyrics are almost completely copied word-to-word from the poem of the same name as the title. :squee: 

3 hours ago, Rhythm Red said:

@Wannabrony I bet you’ll like this thread! ;) 

Indeed I do! :lol: I might come by this thread whenever my favourite musical or song changes! ^_^ Thanks for mentioning me so I see this thread, by the way!  

Edited by Wannabrony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm going with Oliver Twist as my favorite musical, but my favorite song from one would probably have to be this.

And I can thank the forums for introducing me to this musical :)

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 2

This - in this

I do like a lot of musicals though, but that's a good "go to"

Oooh here's a 40 minute-ish video of rehearsal footage from Phantom's original cast (Brightman & Crawford, with director Hal Prince)

• Brohoof 3

Basically all the songs from Phantom of the opera. 

• Brohoof 2

Hands down, "Dr. Horrible's SIng-Along Blog"

As far as my favorite song from the musical, it's gotta be the final song, "Everything You Ever"

Spoiler

I'm also a big fan of "Slipping", "My Eyes", and "It's a Brand New Day".

I just love this movie so much, and feel there are too few movies out there like it. combining comedy with tragedy, complete with Shakespearean levels of irony. After all.....

Doctor Horrible got everything he ever wanted. And it only cost him...

Spoiler

... one Penny :umad:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

This is an insanely hard one to answer. There are so many super classics to choose from. I'm going with 'If I Can't Love Her' from Beauty and the Beast (favorite musical AND song). I want to mention so many more, like 'Rose's Turn' from Gypsy, 'If Ever I Would Leave You' from Camelot, 'Do I Love You' from Cinderella, 'You Are Love' from Showboat, 'Music of the Night' from Phantom and 'On The Street Where You Live' from My Fair Lady. I can't pick them all but I'd feel guilty if I didn't at least give them an honorable mention. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Nightmare Terror said:

I really don’t like musicals,but if I had to choose I’d say...I’m sorry I haven’t seen any...

Aw, but if you hadn't seen any how would you know you wouldn't like them? :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Nightmare Terror said:

I don’t like seeing people sing

BUT does Nightmare Before Christmas and The Greatest Showman Count?

I guess so, even if they aren't live theatre, they're still musicals! ^_^

Edited by Wannabrony
Typo
  • Brohoof 1

Les Miserables has been my favorite musical for many, many years. I hardly know of any other musicals. I came across this one because we did it for a show when I was in marching band at my high school. My mom bought me a CD and, I put it in my portable CD player, and became obsessed!

I can credit Les Miserables for getting me initially interested in my now main instrument, the oboe.

I don't know about a favorite song persay, but I always like to post this one!:

• Brohoof 2