Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the loudest thing you have slept through?

Reecejackox

(edited)

I fell asleep on a bus back in Grade 5. It was kind of surprising since it was a bus filled with loud, annoying kids.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

My mom screaming from joy after beating Super Mario Bros. Wii. :P No, I'm not kidding, she loved that game back in 2010 although she wasn't that good. But when she finally won she was really happy, busted through the door in my room and shook me repeatedly but apparently, I didn't wake up. :D That was what she told me anyway, but I believe her, she was indeed obsessed with the game. :adorkable: Back then, my mom would just drag me and my dad to play Mario with her every Friday and Saturday night. :sealed: I wasn't very good either, so she decided to ditch me and just play the game with dad in the middle of the night at 1 AM.

Edited by Wannabrony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Wannabrony said:

My mom screaming from joy after beating Super Mario Bros. Wii. :P No, I'm not kidding, she loved that game back in 2010 although she wasn't that good. But when she finally won she was really happy, busted through the door in my room and shook me repeatedly but apparently, I didn't wake up. :D That was what she told me anyway, but I believe her, she was indeed obsessed with the game. :adorkable: Back then, my mom would just drag me and my dad to play Mario with her every Friday and Saturday night. :sealed: I wasn't very good either, so she decided to ditch me and just play the game with dad in the middle of the night at 1 AM.

She sounds like my kind of gamer.

I once slept through a thunderstorm 

Edited by Windcharger
  • Brohoof 1

An earthquake. I don't remember how strong or weak it was, but when I woke up that morning my grandma asked me if I heard the earthquake, so it must've been loud. I didn't hear a thing, though.

I guess I must be a heavy sleeper. :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

when i was little i shared a room with my elder brother,he played videogames till morning most of the time,and we had no neighbours so he wasn't exactly quiet.now i feel i can sleep through anything(including my wake-up allarm unfortunately)

35 minutes ago, GeekySonic said:

I used to live next to a train track.

my cousin lives near one and i can say its really loud and annoying,he claims he doesn't even hear it anymore even if he is awake,i guess his mind pushed the sound to the background

19 minutes ago, lordvaltasar said:

my cousin lives near one and i can say its really loud and annoying,he claims he doesn't even hear it anymore even if he is awake,i guess his mind pushed the sound to the background

Yup. That's about how it goes. First few weeks were sleepless, after that, I barely heard them.

I've had to sleep through some really loud thunderstorms, dogs howling, and trains running late at night. There are also a few times where I've slept in late in the morning while having to tune out the sounds of construction going on next door.

(edited)

I slept through an earthquake once, and there's a car alarm that goes off outside my apartment on a regular basis that I've come to tune out. >_>

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

I remeber that I once fall asleep while a heavy thunderstorm was over my village. This was the first and only time this happens. Normally I am completely awake when there is a thunderstorm. But I was really tired in this night. 

An earthquake. Actually, I did wake up, but simply because I wanted to swap from the couch to my bed...I didn't take the earthquake into account at all. My mom told me the day before, and that brought me to think I was probably sleeping over a bouncy sofa, then got up and went to bed, doing all of this while everything was bouncing.:blink:

construction work. I had a job with odd hours, so I would get home by 3am and pass out by 4am. Then 3 hours later the maintenance workers would start banging and drilling. Felt like it was right next to my place.

• 2 weeks later...

I once slept through an Earthquake when I was living in Chicago a few years ago. And yes, very VERY rarely, Chicago CAN get Earthquakes due to a small fault line that runs through northern Illinois called The Sandwich Fault Line. And no, it's not a fault line made out of Sandwiches either, though that would be absolutely delicious if it was :laugh:

• Brohoof 1