• Tragedy
    • Adventure
    • Mystery
    • Thriller
    • Sci-fi
    • Horror
    • Clopfic
    • Other

I really like the adventure types like Fallout: Equestria, that's a great story! I also like the Tragedy types, one of my all time favorite tragedy fanfictions would have to be The Hanging of Twilight Sparkle. :squee:

Spoiler

I'm also a huge fan of Clop fiction stories, not so much the romantic kind, just the straight-up sex kind. I like all kinds of Clop, doesn't really matter what it is as long as it's hot! :bedeyes:

(edited)

i really liked the one with discord's keepers so slice of life/drama i guess
i also like the metal opera "fall of an empire"a lot so i lean towards drama more

Edited by lordvaltasar
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, lordvaltasar said:

i really liked the one with discord's keepers so slice of life/drama i guess

That was the first fic I read years ago that I actually liked. It was probably the first one in the fandom that made me appreciate pony fanfics. 

I tend to prefer smaller personal stories. Humor, simple slice of life, and even romance. Romance that I like is hard to find in in this fandom. The idealism and optimism of romance is usually a bit too saccharine at times. Anyway, to me genre is secondary to the style and themes, and if you can do horror and pony with a gripping narrative, gorgeous descroptions, and a theme that isn't too 'on the nose' I'll jump on that right away. I am a huge supporter of people learning to craft a good story with fanfics, 

(edited)

I am all for romantic and SOL stories. I am also a fan of stories where human child is adopted by ponies or vice versa. I am a fan of well-written HiE in general. 

I love light tragic fics as well. Anypony read My Little Dashie: We'll never be apart. That was really my favorite kind of bittersweet story. 

I also love human x pony romance fanfics again if well-written and meaningful. 

Edited by An Admirer

I’m one of those terrible monsters who is corrupting the fandom because I like horror stories.

I mostly like Slice Of Life and Romace, but I’m a big reader anyway so everything is great to me except Mystey...I don’t know why but I just really don’t like those. :dash:

But hooves up for Romance!! :wub:

Also the second person and choose your own story fab fictions, too. Always interesting, those are.:D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I enjoy dark crossover fics which have adventure elements to them although I enjoy everything except romance and clopfics those are disgusting in my opinion. I do also enjoy HIE fics. 

Edited by Alpharius

6 hours ago, BlinkZ said:

I love Comedy but tend ot avoid the Romance tag because I don't like Mane six shipping with each other *gag*

Romance is better when OCs are involved.

(edited)

I do enjoy having a chuckle over some of the badly written Clop-fictions, but when people get off to that kind of stuff, it just disgusts me. Anyhoo, people will do what they want, and we shall let them be, no?

(Strangley, Comixnix has not written a Clop-fiction yet.)

Edited by Pr0m4NV14

My favorite genre isn't a genre as much as a category: fanfics that make no sense what so ever and probably are poorly written but make you chuckle just because of the premise. Crossover fanfics frequently make their way onto this category.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably slice of life, romance, and a bit of adventure for me. I usually only read shipping fics when I read fanfics, there are only a few fanfics I've read at all that didn't necessarily involve shipping, all of which were from other fandoms than MLP but shared one trait: they were Peggy Sue fics (not related to Mary Sue), fics where a character goes back in time to relive events with future knowledge. Don't know why, but that genre really draws me in.

I don't have a single particular favorite genre, but sure I'm a sucker for timeskips. I love fics that take place in the future, specially if they happen in-story, just to see what can be of the lives of our beloved horses 

I used to be more Slice of life and adventure, but now i'm more adventure-horror type fics (such as Fallout Equestria). I've also read my fair share of dramas as well, and I like those, just not as much as the horror-adventure stories.

I used to read fanficitions all the time years back. Some were pretty good while some were... bad. I personally liked the horror ones. They spooked me quite a bit. :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 years later...