Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Rage or Fallout: Which is better?

heavens-champion

You're comparing a single game to a whole series - and whilst I view 3 / New Vegas / 4 as effectively the same game*, there's the original Fallout and Fallout 2, which are both held in high regard for entirely separate reasons to 3+, and whilst Tactics has a bad name I liked it (though it's rather clunky - as are the original and 2, but when you're trying to run around with a squad of 6+ it really shows.) That's three quite different groups of games against the single game that is Rage. I haven't played Rage, but I suspect that one of the above would scratch the post-apocalyptic itch better than Rage would (I couldn't say for certain though.) 

*I appreciate that some people say that NV was so much better, but after sinking hundreds of  hours into 3 I only put 20-30 into NV before getting bored - and 4 looks much the same; I'd need bigger changes to justify sinking that sort of time into it again.

I think it depends on what youre looking in a post-apocalyptic game, but overall Fallout is better.
More games in the series and Fallout NV as well as 4 is immersive.

IU havent played Rage, nor plan on it. To me, its basically Fallout with less lore, guns,and NPCs as well as a different engine.

Fallout will always be the better series in this area, however im saying best very loosely. As you can tell, not a lot of people are down with the series after they butchered it. Should tell you something when in order to make the game playable, you have to download 20+ mods.

Comparing Rage and Fallout is difficult to do considering Rage is a single game and Fallout is a franchise, but nonetheless:

Fallout, because I never have played Rage. It seems like an interesting game but it likely wouldn't compare to my experiences with New Vegas.

• 3 weeks later...

Rage for me, I have several Fallout games but always quit playing them after a few hours. I think the more close to now setting in it really identified with me, the pseudo 50s thing in Fallout always seemed weird. Yeah it's part of the franchise but ehh, never really grabbed me.