Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Energy Drinks: Yay or Nay?

CandyCorn

Only drink one when I really need to cram or pull an all nighter. I stick to Red Bull mainly because of the commercials. Tastes horrible, but if the commercials are correct I get wings.

I like the taste of them a lot, but I hardly drink them so I can't say I have any preference with them. I always fear that it would get me a bit too riled up and fuel my anxiety. So I stick with stuff like Powerades. I love those. :3

I admit I like the taste of energy drinks; though didn't drink many to be able to compare.

When I buy/drink; it's only because I'm thirsty and I like the taste; never bought them for their 'features'.

Edited by Rikifive

I used to drink them a lot as a young teenager, now I don't drink them at all. It's not refreshing, it's almost like a sugar syrup. I prefere drinks with less then 4% sugar, and even that is a lot in my opinion.

• 2 months later...

I used to drink a couple Monsters every day, on top of a pot of coffee and a few espressos. That was when I was running on 4-5 hours of sleep a night. Once I was working full time, normal hours, glow-in-the-dark piss and kidney pain weren't worth it. Now I just drink plenty of coffee and a Monster or two a week. Rockstar if there's a good sale. Tried Amp, but they just never did it for me. 5Hour Energy are mild at best.

I am actually not allowed to consume energy drinks as advised by my doctor. If I drink them, i can suffer from low blood sugar and convulsions. But I digress, as I have given into temptation and sipped from a few. I have always enjoyed Venom (the red flavor). 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I’m worried that those would make me overly hyper so I stay far away from those types of drinks

You should. Only drink water and fruit juice, only put in your body what's healthy for you.

• Brohoof 1