Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Applejack considered the least favorite of the Mane 6?

FirePuppy

I looked around the Internet, and noticed that of the Mane Six, Applejack has the least number of images uploaded to Derpibooru.org, and also the least number of messages in her fan club on this forum.

This convinces me, Applejack might actually be the least favorite of the average MLP fan. I'm not trying to offend any Applejack fans; I only did this for survey purposes. Even I don't agree that Applejack is my least favorite. You understand, right?

• Brohoof 1

Applejack is my second favorite pony :D my list goes

1st - Twilight Sparkle

2nd - AppleJack

3rd - Pinkie Pie

4th - Rarity

5th - Rainbow Dash

It's probably an unpopular opinion but rainbow dash is my least favorite >///< 

• Brohoof 1

She used to be my least favorite of the Mane Six when I was first watching the series, but then RD took that spot somewhere around Season 3. Now after Season 8 making Pinkie into an intolerable, annoying mare-child, she's slid into fourth. But the top 3 are pretty comfortably in their spots.

As for in general, I think so, and it's not even close. I see the other five everywhere but AJ seems to be less popular.

It's just because, for a while she didn't really have any episodes to herself, or much of a personality outside of stubbornness and "APPLES!" Though we have gotten to know alot more about her as the show has gone on, for a while, Applejack was just simply, "there."

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't say she is the least favorite, but she isn't as popular as the rest of the mane 6. As a few others would say, she's referred to as a background pony, which seems kinda funny to me.

She can be one of many people's favorite characters, just not in the top tier, though.

• Brohoof 1

Even though that Apple Jack is my favorite character out of the main characters, I can admit that she isn't super remarkable. She is a bit bland overall. I can see why someone might see her as one of their least favorites.

While it’s ridiculous to claim AJ is hated, it’s undeniable she’s the least popular out of the Mane6. One of them has to be there :mlp_icwudt:. Anyway, it’s not because it’s out of the blue, there are valid reasons why this is the case. Compared to the other Mane6, AJ fails to have many remarkable personality traits. Sure, every group could use a more on earth member, but the writers haven’t done much with her regardless. It doesn’t help that episodes focusing on her are either about family, or farm life :dash:. HELL, I DARE TO SAY HUMAN APPLEJACK IS MORE QUIRKY  :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 2

There might be a reason for Applejack getting a background pony reputation for all that time. What can you do with Apple farmer that you can't do with other ponies in the group.

On 11/19/2018 at 8:55 PM, R.D.Dash said:

There might be a reason for Applejack getting a background pony reputation for all that time. What can you do with Apple farmer that you can't do with other ponies in the group.

She's a sturdy, reliable friend. In the early seasons, she did more than simply exist like she does in recent seasons. She kinda helped other ponies learn friendship lessons. Since everyone is pretty good at the whole 'friendship' thing, she's less useful aside from showing how different folks can be... and fighting with RD...

AJ is my favorite but it saddens me to see her go downhill. But one of them had to be the least favorite. 

• Brohoof 1

AJ is the rock of the group and is usually the best support to any of the RM5 besides Twilight who has Spike for the task.

Let's see some of the defining treats of the mane 6:

• Twi has her magic and stress freak outs.
  • Rares has her attention to detail and her drama.
  • Flutters has her cuteness and her anxiety.
  • Dash has her winner attitude and her brashness.
  • AJ has her deep ingrained principles and her stubbornness.

As we can see, the one with the least entertaining treats is AJ.

The thing about AJ's popularity is that most people prefer characters who do entertaining stuff, and what AJ does is very little compared to what AJ is.

• Brohoof 2

I think Applejack deserves more popularity and credit

1. She is the only one to apologize to Twilight for turning against her at the Wedding!

2. One of the only two ponies (besides Fluttershy) who insisted on keeping the original dress Rarity made for the Gala!

3. She refuses to cheat even if it means losing her home, and when the inevitable comes, she just gives up and accepts her defeat

4. Losing her parents at an early age, she never gave up and eventually grew to become a strong and independent mare

5. She is the only one to go to the Gala, Not for personal benefit, but to help her family.

6. And despite having the most important reason to go, she is the first to give up her ticket, the moment she see's how upset Twilight is!

7. She patiently put up with Fluttershy's cowardice all the way up to the dragons cave while the others had it getting on their nerves

8. She doesn't hesitate a second to save Spike from the timber wolves

9. In the same episode she only cares he saves himself even if that left her trapped behind, completely helpless against the timber wolf

10. She is a great sister to apple bloom and looks after her like a mother!

11 She has a great relationship with her family

12. She is a hard-worker on the farm, yet she is always there to help her friends

Over all she is loyal, hard-working, caring, dependable, kind and honest.

Edited by Guest

43 minutes ago, Raririsu said:

I think Applejack deserves more popularity and credit

All of that is great, but it ties into one of the biggest problems people had with Applejac. For a while she was such a kind pony, nobody could make out very many character flaws, hence why many didn't consider her to have much of a personality.

• 2 weeks later...

She is the vanilla of mane six. She represents humility, honesty, old values, tradition, practicality, value of every day labor and life, importance of family, responsibilities. Those are very important values, but hard to portray through the show and maybe the least fun of mane six. But if there is no vanilla, there are no other flavors. As a character, she is definitely awsome and  confident, interesting, has a strong personality. And I am slightly sad that she hasen’t been represented 100% of her potential.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

I disagree that Applejack is bland, her strong sense of family and her calmness makes her more unique than the rest of the main six, and other characters in the show. In a show with many characters who have their flaws exaggerated for comedy, like Twi's freakouts for example, AJ feels very balanced and usually the easiest to watch. Honestly, without her as a main character, I feel that I wouldn't like the main six as much as an overall group, she's important in that there is a character who isn't overly quirky and is the voice of reason.

But because she doesn't stand out many people find her not nearly as fun as the rest. She was my least favourite for a long time too, but overtime I began to appreciate her. 

Art isn't the best criteria to judge AJ's popularity since she's all about the subtle, down to earth things, she may not be as flashy as RD, Rarity or Pinkie, but those 3 also have some who hate them for it, while AJ just doesn't , she's liked by almost all, just not most ppl's favorite
I think Rarity was the least favorite at first, but after a few seasons went by, it's now Pinkie Pie

• Brohoof 1