Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Should Be Equestria's National Animal?

Denim&Venöm

National Animal Of Equestria  

26 users have voted

1. 1. What Is It?

• Phoenix
    • Parasprite
    • Manticore
    • Timberwolf
    • Winterchilla
    • Cockatrice
    • Cragadile
    • Orthrus
    • Hydra
    • Twitter Bug
    • Regular Animal
    • Other

Different countries have different national animals. America has the bald eagle. Germany has the black eagle. Finland has the brown bear. Pakistan has the snow leopard. Japan has the raccoon dog. Wales has a dragon. Scotland even has a unicorn. 

So what national animal should Equestria have?  

Also bonus points for any discussion on what the national flower should be. 

• Brohoof 6

Phoenix, seems like a good symbol for how Equestria has always witshstood the test of time even at apocalyptic situations. Plus they're often associated with the Sun in some mythos, and you can also probably see it as a symbol of hope or e everlasting friendship.

For national flower, how about plumeria? In Buddhism culture, it represents immortality, and in Hawaiian culture, it represents all things positive and new beginnings. 

• Brohoof 3

Related image

Image result for mlp phoenix

Related image

The phoenix is perfect, whether solar, lunar, or balefire.

As for flowers, something that blooms this time of year regardless of the cold I think would be best. Our Christmas is essentially Equestria's founding day. Something that withstands the cold should be representative of Hearths Warming, and therefore the nation.

• Brohoof 1

I voted for the Phoenix, as it's both beautiful and strong - like the land itself. I may be a little biased, as a Pheonix was my high school's mascot.

Nothing says “Equestrian Patriotism” like the phoenix... except we ought to keep in mind that most ponies are apparently not familiar with the bird. 

Ponies also seem to identify with the natural world more holistically than just associating it with an animal, or even just animals and plants together. If Fluttershy’s remark in “Castle Sweet Castle” means more than a joke, ponies are more self-aware of themselves as part of the natural world, even if they do a lot to manipulate it. 

So in practice, they might use the alicorn for both its natural and political aspects. 

Edited by OptimisticNeighsayer
  • Brohoof 2

13 hours ago, Snow said:

Alicorns! more specifically, the two sisters, It's.. already on their flag.
Image result for flag of equestria

8 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

How about Ponies?:bea: it seems to represent them perfectly

As for flowers.. I'd go with Amarilis just because they're awesome and elegant

8 hours ago, TwilySparky said:

A pony!

Yes, I went there. :rarityhat:

Did you all just call the majestic demi-god princesses and by extension the entirety of equestrian society and civilization a bunch of animals?

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Did you all just call the majestic demi-god princesses and by extension the entirety of equestrian society and civilization a bunch of animals?

I never said "a bunch"! But yeah. ponies are animals. Being inteligent doesn't stop you from being one. Humans are animals too after all

Which brings me to my second sugestion, what if their national animal was humans? They act like us in many ways(especially that green one:eww:)

• Brohoof 1

Ponies would be my first answer too! :P

But that would be pretty unlikely so I'll just say hummingbird. Why? Because Hummingway is best bird and pretty much the most adorable little thing ever! ^_^

640?cb=20121011104238

Why even try not to be biased? ;)

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Yes, yes I did. :oneheckofahat:

• Brohoof 1

On 12/25/2018 at 7:55 PM, Snow said:

Alicorns! more specifically, the two sisters, It's.. already on their flag.
Image result for flag of equestria

While, I voted for Alicorn, there's something I want to say about the flag.

It's implied in the Journal of the Two Sisters defictionialized by Amy Keating Rodgers back in 2014 that the flag wasn't made right after the union/ Founding of Equestria. No, the journal had the Young Celestia and Luna living in the old Royal Castle and pulling a prank on a haughty Unicorn Princess Platinum. The Unicorn Princess apologized and designed the flag. (Since nothing directly contradicts it when it comes to Platinum coming up with the flag, it's okay to treat it as semi-canon. Not iron-clad but still very possible)

All this happened before Celestia and Luna discovered they could move the Sun and Moon without losing their magic after a while, unlike the old way where it took 5 unicorns and Starswirl to do so, at the cost of the unicorns losing their magic. (Which was officially made canon come S8's Horse Play)

Remember that we saw the S2 episode, "Hearth's Warming Eve", it showed a play based on the Founding of Equestria which focused on how the 3 main pony races came together in friendship, defeat the "bringers of endless winter" Windegos, and bringing warmth back to the land.

It may have shown the flag at the end of the play, but that was more like a time skip to when the flag was made, rather than actual proof that the flag was made immediately after. After all, the American flag went through different versions before becoming the flag it is today.

I stated my thoughts on the flag and that the Alicorns are a fair choice.

On 12/26/2018 at 5:03 AM, OptimisticNeighsayer said:

Ponies also seem to identify with the natural world more holistically than just associating it with an animal, or even just animals and plants together. If Fluttershy’s remark in “Castle Sweet Castle” means more than a joke, ponies are more self-aware of themselves as part of the natural world, even if they do a lot to manipulate it. 

What exactly did Fluttershy remark in Castle Sweet Castle that warrented such a statement that "ponies are more self-aware of themselves..."? I'm lost.

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

What exactly did Fluttershy remark in Castle Sweet Castle that warrented such a statement that "ponies are more self-aware of themselves..."? I'm lost.

“I think you and I are the only [animals] left.” It’s a bit of a stretch, but humans would use that sort of remark in a... different way. 

4 hours ago, OptimisticNeighsayer said:

“I think you and I are the only [animals] left.” It’s a bit of a stretch, but humans would use that sort of remark in a... different way. 

But S5's Castle Sweet Castle is when the Mane 5 were trying to make Twilight's Friendship Castle feel like home.

I think that line actually came from another episode and you might have named the wrong title. Maybe it was S4's "Castle-Mania" where Fluttershy and Rarity went to the castle of the Two Sisters and got frightened by the strange goings-on. 

I could be wrong though

Hmmm. Pony. :P 

In all seriousness though, the Phoenix is perfect, especially since Celestial has a Phoenix and all. There’s a lot of symbolism with the phoenix that can relate to Equestria as a whole. :)