Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is one specific way MLP have changed you?

LucasB

MLP has probably altered our lives for the better in significant ways, including mine. But, if I were to pick a specific instance, I'd say (quite ironically since the show seems to make friendships look like paradise) that I'm not afraid to be alone at times, like sitting at the lunch table or in class, albeit I still have friends with whom I hang out with time to time. But if you look at DJ Pon-3, she seems perfectly happy jamming to her beats and still looks hella cool even if she's not hanging out with someone. 

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that it isn't necessarily "embarrassing" to be by yourself, and that it's important to have a passion for something, because after all, when you really get into something you love, people with similar interests would come along and naturally become your friend. Isn't there a saying how to have interesting friends you have to be interesting yourself first? Everyone has unique talents, you just need to work hard at it and not give up.

I am grateful that I do have a friend on my side (which was not the case for the past couple years when school was completely hell for me) and several track teammates that I can talk to. 

I know not everyone can just "have a positive outlook", the same way someone with depression can't just "stop being depressed". But, I hope it did help some.

• Brohoof 2

MLP brings me sad and happiness at the same time:

Happiness: I discoveverd the show is VERY AWESOME, different of any kind of cartoons i have watched. :mlp_pinkie:

Sad: The season 8 with that school punch me in the face :okiedokieloki:

Happiness: I found a new motivation to life, this forum, and a hobbie. :mlp_icwudt:

Sad: I already watched all generations, seasons and EQG movies, and the 9 season will be the last probably with that school. :mlp_maud:

Happiness: For some reason, watching my little pony incentivate me to listen rock, i think its because that song at the credits inspired me, and now i have found another thing to be happy, listen HEAVY METAL :mlp_xJpg51C:

Sad: When i'm watching an episode, I feel how much i like MLP, and I laugh and smile a lot, but when i go back to real life, I forget the show and the sadness come back. :scoots:

Well, that is some reasons, have another ones, but that is it for today :mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 2

It gives me hope that there can be a great show like this even in a era where Cartoon Network seems to be dragging the entire genre into the basement. 

Also (and this is the biggest surprise for me) hanging out on MLP Forums has given me something I apparently need in my life. It seems strange because I never thought of myself as anyone who would hang out on online forums, and yet here I am, and loving every minute of it. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 3

I began watching MLP around the same time when I was trying to change myself as a person. I don't know what it was, but it made the journey a lot easier. For that, I thank it.

It taught me not to be a Twilight Sparkle and instead get out my comfort zone to make friends. :wacko:

Oh, and the Kirin episode also helped a lot in how I manage anger these days. 

• Brohoof 2

20 hours ago, PaulBron said:

Happiness: For some reason, watching my little pony incentivate me to listen rock, i think its because that song at the credits inspired me, and now i have found another thing to be happy, listen HEAVY METAL :mlp_xJpg51C:

Same! After watching the Equestria Girls series I realized how nice electric guitars sounded and wanted to get one (haven't gotten it yet cuz I spent all my money on a gaming pc :sealed:)

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Egg-3 said:

Same! After watching the Equestria Girls series I realized how nice electric guitars sounded and wanted to get one (haven't gotten it yet cuz I spent all my money on a gaming pc :sealed:)

I want a electric guitar too, but i need to find a place to play, because if I play in my house the neighbors will get crazy :mlp_lie:

• Brohoof 1

Because of MLP, I found the love of my life: Coloratura. She means more to me than anything in the world.

I live a much more happier (and romantic) life now because of her.

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 4

Well... FiM literally saved my life. If it wasn't for MLP, I don't think I would still be here. It gave me something to live for, and something to enjoy in my hopeless life.

The main lesson that it conveys has helped me to be more understanding towards others, as I may not know what they're going through. So I guess I'm always careful in what I say, and try not to offend other ponies.

• Brohoof 2

I would have to say it has deepened my sense of compassion and fun. It has given me the perspective that I can lighten the heck up and learn to have some fun and compassion even when times get rough. Its also reinforced an idea I have had for a while which is children's shows have better lessons than most adult media on TV or in Theaters right now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I haven't felt much different, I guess it made me feel better but I've been pretty fine on my own. I'm a fan of it and well I guess it gave me a fandom to be in, I found myself to be a friendly person but I might be a bit more friendly I guess? Idk really

The show has not changed me in any significant way. It has not had as big of an impact on me as it has for others. That’s not to say that I don’t apprciate the lessons the show offers.

• 1 year later...

It's changed me completely. :ooh: I'm no longer mean to others, I don't get angry too much anymore, it really has made me into a better person. I would not be here without these six ponies, I guarantee it. 

A5A8A9A0-9774-41C3-BC4A-E596DDC296C1.gif

I just realized lately, my journey is actually similar to Twilight Sparkle's. I didn't think that true friendship exists and would be a waste of time anyway. Even though I felt lonely sometimes, I thought this would be the best way to live and to trust no one. Even after meeting my best friend 4 years, 4 months and 17 days ago for the first time, I thought she is just an exception and a big miracle. I learned important lessons thanks to MLP. But I still didn't believe it would be possible in real life. So, in the end, it was this community that proved me wrong. :kindness: I didn't feel lonely anymore since I'm active here, not even for a second. I'm still working on it and learning, but so far...it was a huge step for me. :)

• Brohoof 1