Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health In what ways have you accidentally injured yourself?

AzureNightLight

Once when I was thirteen I punched a cedar top dresser. I struck it with enough force to put a dent in the cedar, and shatter a knuckle and fracture several spots across my hand. Had to get surgery done. That shit sucks. Lol. I had no intention of breaking my hand so that bit was an accident. XD

Ouch! But why were you punching the dresser? :P

Ouch! But why were you punching the dresser? :P

I was in something of a predicament. Dealing with being separated from my family, the loss of my grandmother, followed by being attacked in the place I was moved to at first. The second place was a lot nicer, but I had been holding back and my emotions just built up until someone said something that set me off. Finally, I exploded and made a judgement call hitting the hardest non fleshy thing near me. XD Looking back at it now, its silly to have struck the thing.

Every single day I hit my head or bump into something, although the only serious accident I've had recently was a couple years ago when I tripped over my own feet outside a local target, I ended up busting my lip and fucking up my knee both of which were bleeding profusely I still have a huge scar on my left knee and it still hurts every once in a while.

-Cutting my foot on something as a toddler.

-Busted my lip sliding down an uninstalled door. 

-Fingers slammed into car doors.

-Allegedly I ran into a car door mirror. 

-Brother threw a ligthsaber at my face. Almost needed stitches.

-Cut my hand open on a can lid. 

-Stepped on needles several times.

-Tried to step over a chair, but smacked my head on the door frame, knocking down a curtain rod, which knocked down a mini vase from a top shelf, which for some reason didn't break. Somehow I cut my eye brow open. Needed some stitches. 

-2nd degree burns on my hand from mishandling soup. 

• Brohoof 1

Hmm...

Hurt myself a load of times.

• Broke my arm twice first playing football (soccer) then having an argument with a brick wall, it won let's say that.
  • Busted my knees almost on a weekly basis (man I am getting great arthritis when I'm older)
  • stabbed by a nutter in a bar brawl, that was really fun. I broke his jaw for good measure.
  • fell into a window few cuts there
  • missed a nail with a hammer.
  • paintball (nothing more need said)
  • car doors and fingers...well that was fun too.

As you can tell life is not boring around me sometimes. 

• Brohoof 1

In a game of badminton, both the other player and I went for the same shuttlecock and his racket went right into my thumb really hard. It really swelled up and eventually the finger nail came off. But when it happened, I was in pain for days.

I was trying to cut through those stupid, plastic zipties and like an idiot who should have known better, I angled the knife up and started sawing. It worked, but I stabbed myself in the wrist.

I was cooking dinner and had moved all the pots and pans outta the oven, unfortunately I put them to close to the edge and they all came crashing down on my foot. That hurt like hell! Lol. Musta looked pretty funny though.

I was trying to cut through those stupid, plastic zipties and like an idiot who should have known better, I angled the knife up and started sawing. It worked, but I stabbed myself in the wrist.

I was cooking dinner and had moved all the pots and pans outta the oven, unfortunately I put them to close to the edge and they all came crashing down on my foot. That hurt like hell! Lol. Musta looked pretty funny though.

I was sewing a patch onto my jeans and I lost the needle. Thinking I dropped it, I very carefully lowered myself to the ground and it snapped in half in my knee.

When I was a kid, I was playing softball and was standing too close to the batter, you have no idea how bad it hurts to have a baseball bat slug you in the gut.

Edited by Leave a Whisper

• 4 weeks later...

Just recently, I practically stabbed my leg on the corner of a chair at my school. I now have a huge, black bruise the size of a tennis ball on my thigh. When I was younger, I had two really bad burns from touching a tray of hot cookies and candle wax, respectively.

I kicked a wall once.... that hurt... I have also kicked end tables... yeah. I've had a few broken toes. Mind you this only happened because I was in a rush and well, the wall and table jumped out at me and attacked! They were violent! 

Recently, I was trying to open a new razor but I was having a hard time getting the cover off. When I was able to get it off, I ended up scraping my thumb with the blade and it started bleeding. I never thought I'd get a shaving cut on thumb.

Hmm, well I was a little intoxicated, wobbly as hell on my feet, and fell about halfway down the stairs...landed on my butt so that hurt. The most painful part was when my drinking glass shattered and I cut myself a few times trying to get up.

Other than that I've never injured myself severely like breaking bones or such. 

(edited)

Ha, how long have you got? I have a condition called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome therefore my joints are hypermobile. I will get joint subluxations (partial dislocations) quite easily. I stretched like three days ago and my shoulder popped out and popped back in, that was nice -___- It hurts and feels really gross. I have classical (type 2) E.D.S. (the second most common type) so I'm not quite as hypermobile as people with type 3 (the most common type) so it's not as bad as others with the condition. Some people get them on a daily basis. 

Edited by Kayleigh

The only times I remember accidentally injuring myself are:

- I sprained my pinkie twice in elementary school while playing kickball. 

- I sprained my arm in the school bus during middle school. I lifted myself up off the ground and was kicking my feet back and forth while my hands held my weight up on the top of the seats. The bus driver told us to get into a seat because we were about to leave and go home and that's when I decided to get down. I got down wrong and I fell down onto the ground and the worst part was that I had my heavy book bag on. This cause the book bad to land on my right arm and caused it to get a sprain for a few months.

- I accidentally scrapped my thumb with my pocket knife while trying to open MLP toys from their boxes.

When I was a small child I ran into a doorknob with my right eye. It is now one of the many reasons why I am partially blind in my right eye. Lucky me.

(edited)

i fell off a table and broke both of my arms at age 4.

i slammed my fingers on car door

i played basketball and ball hit my face then my nose bled

i fell on the ground and lost a tooth

pricked my self with a cactus

i fell off my bike and bit my lip

i burned my self trying to boil water

i sprained my wrist playing soccer

i got so many accidents when i was a kid :(

Edited by JHauxhurst

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I confess to having a habit of spraining my ankle at terribly inconvenient times. :mlp_please: Though I typically end up immobile for the majority of the day, it tends to heal rather quickly.

I've crashed my bike so many times. Worst case, I ended up scarring my left arm, but I guess I should be lucky that it wasn't worse.

I locked my finger accidentally with a pneumatic cylinder during calibrating a device at the factory where I work. Luckily, it was not a strong one, but still it needed a regeneration of one week.

Went to medical to get my wisdom teeth pulled. Got loaded up with way to much pain killers, couldn't even tell if I was breathing. Everything was funny as hell, fell down a good 20' of stairs because I couldn't control my legs I was laughing so hard, wrecked my arm in several places. Downside is that since I was already on pain killers doc couldn't give me anesthetic.

Oh and the cotton in my mouth that was meant to hold back my blood from drowning me? Yeah let's just say I had to sleep face down and they had to throw out three pillows.

I broke my arm in kindergarten while falling off a play structure. And then in third grade a bookshelf and a pot fell on my head. And I had to get stitches. It was pretty painful.