Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever Have Panic Attacks?

Olly

I think I’m in a period of my life where my anxiety increases. There are moments of panic I experienced recently when I couldn’t breathe easily and my back hurted a lot. I hope it will get better maybe.

Not recently, but I have had a few panic attacks in the last few years. The worst is when you get a panic attack with no real reason, like the time I eating dinner at my friend's place and just suddenly I couldn't breathe. I legit thought I was having a heart attack at the time.

I was diagnosed with panic disorder about nine years ago and I have oanic attacks on a regular basis. However, it has gotten much better recently and I can’t recall the last time I had one. It has to have been about a year.

I don't think I've had any panic attacks. I have had a few moments where I was stressed and paranoid after having blood drawn. My mind seems to assume the worst when it comes to routine medical stuff.  

• Brohoof 1

I've learned to overcome my anxiety for the most part. But, occasionally when I doze off, I'll wake up with anxiety and go into a panic attack.
Luckily, watching something funny on Youtube usually helps calm me down.

When I was like 14-18 though, I had really bad panic attacks.

I have panic attacks when i need to go to strange places or, places who have a lot of people (like school), or when i need to decide something very important. The worst part of this is because i have depersonalization, and it's too hard to get a cure, i can't fell alive, for me everything looks like a dream :(

I don't think I've ever had an 'official' panic attack. I get insanely stressed out to the point I feel like I'm going to explode, but it's never really out of my control, like a heart attack or breathing problems. I just get acutely tense, but it's emotion so it can be controlled.  

I have had many experiences with them, and I guess It's really common for me to have panic attacks. I mean, I had one before the start of school.

I normally have them when I get reminded of traumatizing events in my life, being in a social situation, or when things go wrong. Other things can also make me have panic attacks, but those are just the top 3. I would start to feel like I have a loss of all control, difficulty breathing, dizziness and light-headedness, feeling like the world around me is not real, and a sense of overwhelming panic and intense fear.

Sometimes I might slip into paranoia, which inevitably led to full on delusions and the occasional auditory hallucinations. I always try to clear my mind of the near cyclic thoughts while having an episode, but it really is no use when I realize that no one would be there for me. I always feel so lonely when I go through sorrowful times like these.

Edited by Midnight Solace

I don't really get panic attacks. I get emotionally charged and super stressed at times but I'm used to that because I have the kind of personality that seems to generate negative feelings. So stress is inherent in the emotional landscape for me, but panic attacks aren't a part of it. 

I haven't really suffered from anything on the same level of a panic attack. But I do get bouts of irrational anxiety from time to time that can bring my mood down. They're usually sparked by making a mistake or if something doesn't go to plan. Also the feeling of loneliness can sometimes be a trigger. They can leave me feeling a little paranoid and also cause me to brood for an hour or so. Fortunately I can get rid of it by doing something relaxing and enjoyable or just sleep.

I did when I was younger. I have what is called storm anxiety, which is when you get really anxious before severe weather (tornadoes, blizzard, etc). It got so bad that I got physically sick to my stomach. Luckily, I've got it primary under control (except back on December 1st, when it returned briefly). In addition, I tend to start to panic when I have too much stress, such as with my college classes. Nearly had a pair of panic attacks last semester, just scrambling around to get everything done.