Your reaction when you first saw Discord in MLP?

Dashy 4 Ever

If I remember correct, when I first saw Discord, my initial thought was what was wrong with MLP putting a villain like this? But then it became evident that he actually turned out to be a really cool addition to the show.:umad:

See the source image

• Brohoof 2

Because I never saw Star Trek, I shall always think of Discord first when I hear that voice. As for when I first saw him as he played mind games on the Mane 6, was that he was a worthy opponent who tested the Mane 6's Friendships.

I was a little surprised when I first watched the preview of his reveal way back in the day, thinking he was going to be a pony, but I still fell in love with him pretty quickly. I liked the creativity of his design and it made perfect sense with him being the embodiment of chaos. :umad:

I joined the fandom midway through season 2, but luckily didn't know anything about him before I watched the his introduction myself. De Lancie's voice really does capture your attention and intimidate you, and Discord of course has one of biggest personalities among even regular characters, which made him stand out even more. This wasn't your every day ordinary villain, this was one worth paying attention to. His power has only been rivaled by Tirek with all of Equestria's magic with a sudden betrayal, the Elements of Harmony, and Chrysalis's throne. On a stand alone basis, he's a step above everyone. I bet even Grogar can't compete with him which'll be part of why he has to assemble a team. These things are all realized much later after Discord's first appearance, but it's not of any real surprise because of how well he establishes himself.

So I think my reaction was a common one. I like this guy, please give me more of him.

I just saw him as another villain who happened to break the fourth wall in ways that Pinkie Pie could never do herself.

• Brohoof 1

Funny enough, the first time I saw Discord wasn't even before I was aware of the show's existence. It was from a short clip from Youtube where some dude was commenting on the show, and it was the moment where Discord corrupts Fluttershy. As soon as it happened, the guy flipped. He was shouting "YOU M****R F****R YOU CHEATED!!! YOU CHEATED YOU S*N ** * B***H!!!", something like that. It was ridiculous.

I wonder anyone knows the video I'm describing. I can't find it anywhere.

The feeling I felt when I saw Discord while watching the show was that the writers of the show are more self conscious than I thought. And I also deeply sympathized with him, because I would do things for fun he did. I also thought that shooting the magical laser beam of friendship to a villain was ridiculous in a certain viewpoint. And Discord acted like he felt it too.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

I remember thinking he was interesting and that he'd be an tough challenge to overcome. He was all this and more. But I got really sad when he kept besting the Mane 6 and their colors started to fade. When Twi faded it almost made me cry because she was the last hold-out and Discord was making everypony unhappy (even though Pinkie was pretty stoked about the chocolate rain). I liked him a lot more in later appearances because I knew he was no longer going to be a problem for the girls. He's a cool character with a lot of fun humor going on. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

I was surprised by him and his ambitions. I just expected a generic villain, but Discord was different in an interesting way.

Edited by Cash_In

• 1 year later...

I was a literal child when I first saw him, and I didn't have any strong opinions on him. I was more interested in the female villains like Queen Chrysalis!! 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I got a nerdgasm cause I recognized John de Lancie's voice immediately

He's visual appearance fits the nature and purpose of this characters, so I'm and was in favor of it

I'm still in love with this chaos deity and my love with FiM got a huge step up with s2 premiere :>

I didn't have much of a reaction because I didn't care. A villain? Cool.

Don't get me wrong, though, I am glad he stuck around.

3 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Season Two: Wow, what a cool villain!

By Season Nine: Another stupid, unfunny, ear-grating reference out of you, I’m turning you back into stone. SHUT THE F*** UP!!

You do know he's supposed to be chaotic and not make sense. It's called being a mischievous imp