Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv First movie you can remember seeing in theaters?

Fritzy

The first movie I can remember seeing in theaters probably was the actual first one I saw: Toy Story. I was 4 years old, yes I can remember that far back but I don’t remember much about it. I know I saw it authorizes my grandparents and two of my cousins. They had nestle crunch bars with the characters on them and I got one with Woody on it if I’m remembering correctly. I can recall really enjoying the film and asking for figures of buzz and woody for Christmas. I don’t think I got a Woody doll with a voice box and pull string but I’m kind of sure I got a doll of him though and I know I got a Buzz figure, it was silver and black instead of his movie colors, which I believe is what one of my older brothers got and lastly I got a Woody pillow that my parents told me fell off Santa’s sleigh and landed on the back deck which in hindsight is really really weird of them to put it on the snowy back deck like that. What about y’all what’s the first movie you can remember seeing in theaters? Do you remember much about your experience? 

• Brohoof 2

I do not know the name of the movie, but it was an animated movie and I only remember one scene from it - a penguin dives underwater while people (hunters maybe) shoot at him and then some blood is seen in the water.

First movie I saw in a cinema that I remember the name of is Mouse Hunt. 

I have not been to a cinema all that much, I prefer to watch movies at home (either broadcast or owned/rented). 

• Brohoof 2

Mine was Pokémon: The First Movie. :) All the movies I had seen before that were TV airings or VHS releases, but I was a huge Pokémon fan back then, so there was no way I would miss it. In fact, the first three movies I saw in theaters were the first three Pokémon movies. :D I remember being annoyed by the younger kids shouting out the names of the Pokémon as they appeared on screen. Otherwise I enjoyed the film, the rest of my family less so (my sister said it was probably the worst film she has seen – not sure why she even came along). :please:

• Brohoof 7

Might have been Jim Carrey's, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, that's the earliest I can remember having seen in theatres but I've seen certain movies so many times that I almost just remember them and not the setting, so this has taken a little while. The earliest contenders though are Toy Story 2, Mulan, and Tarzan. I'll have to ask my mom.

• Brohoof 2

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. My hometown has no cinema, so I saw it when I was visiting relatives in another city back in 2007. I hated it, because ot was so much worse than the book.

• Brohoof 3

Dis one 

independence-day-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(1).jpg

I know this because I vividly recall hearing Spiderwebs by No Doubt playing in our family van (before it got stolen) on our way to the cinema, which had a big ol' alien plastered on the doors. 

• Brohoof 5

For me, it probably was the original spongebob movie in 2004. Maybe there was one prior to it that I can't remember.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, TheTaZe said:

For me, it probably was the original spongebob movie in 2004. Maybe there was one prior to it that I can't remember.

No that was the first one. There weren’t any prior to it. 

The first movie I watched in theaters was Lilo & Stitch, followed a month after by Ice Age. But the first one I have vivid memories of watching in theaters was Marley & Me.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Tacodidra said:

Mine was Pokémon: The First Movie. :) All the movies I had seen before that were TV airings or VHS releases, but I was a huge Pokémon fan back then, so there was no way I would miss it. In fact, the first three movies I saw in theaters were the first three Pokémon movies. :D I remember being annoyed by the younger kids shouting out the names of the Pokémon as they appeared on screen. Otherwise I enjoyed the film, the rest of my family less so (my sister said it was probably the worst film she has seen – not sure why she even came along). :please:

Same for me, we're twinsies. :kirin: Of course, I was too young for vivid memories of it, but I know for sure I also saw the second one in theaters, Pokemon the Movie 2000. The reason I know for sure? The free cards we got of the Legendary Three Birds as part of a promotion. The one I had of my favorite of the trio, Zapdos, flew out the window on the way home. :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Same for me, we're twinsies. :kirin: Of course, I was too young for vivid memories of it, but I know for sure I also saw the second one in theaters, Pokemon the Movie 2000. The reason I know for sure? The free cards we got of the Legendary Three Birds as part of a promotion. The one I had of my favorite of the trio, Zapdos, flew out the window on the way home. :muffins:

Yay! :yay:

As for the cards, lucky you... :P I saw the films in a small theater that didn't give any cards. I wasn't even aware back then of there being any cards for the first one, but with the second one, it was a sadder case. :please: A couple of my friends had seen it in a bigger city and got the Ancient Mew card... I was looking forward to getting it too, but never received one. :sunny: But at least I got the promo cards that were included with the VHS releases.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 6

Disney's Tarzan with my parents and younger sister with it being her first movie too but she was only one or two years old. I remember she fell asleep to "Strangers Like Me" but the funny thing is the music must have stuck with her subconsciously because she wants "You'll be in My Heart" as her Father/Bride song to dance to. Oh wait that isn't really about me, well what I remember is being scared of Sabor and really liking Rosie O'Donnell as Terk especially with "Trashin' the Camp" and only years later learned how much of an unpopular opinion that was.

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 2