Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hand Wash Your Dishes or Use the Dishwasher?

Venomous

When it comes to cleaning your home’s dishes, do you hand wash/dry them or do you strictly use the dishwasher? Or are you someone like me who executes both methods? I rinse the dishes in hot water and then place them in the dishwasher to be cleaned.

17BA4C83-56EC-42D2-A6C3-8134B50B3E39.gif

We have a super high efficiency washer that came with our house, so unless something specifically says to be washed by hand, or is too large to fit it the dishwasher, which is rare, everything gets shoved in that sucker. Dogs, clothes, me. Just everything.

Both. I hand wash to clean off any excess, or use dishwasher to load a ton of dishes. I have some high-quality pans that instruct that I should hand wash it so that it doesn't get damaged in the dishwasher, and my dishwasher has trouble washing cutlery, so I do those by hand as well.

I offer a third option,,, relying on disposable eating ware :blink:

Half the time I visit my dad's place that's what we use because when you have 6 people over and only a tiny sink that's already full at the end of the week, it's a lot to ask.

I always rinse and reuse to generate as little as possible, but if there's a dishwasher then I refuse to hand wash no matter how many dishes their are, unless it's big ones that don't fit.

I rinse the junk off the dishes and let the dishwasher take care of the rest.

Unless it's stuff like a slow cooker or large pans, or stuff that didn't get all that dirty, like a cutting board used for vegetables or something. Those I normally hand wash and put on the rack to dry. Large pans don't fit, it's easy to clean cutting boards in just a few seconds, and I'm pretty sure our slow cooker would crush the dishwasher rack. The thing can hold 6.5 quarts and is over an inch thick of solid ceramic.

I do both hand wash and use the dishwasher . If there are dishes too big to fit in the dishwasher, like pots, or the dishwasher is too full, might as well wash the rest by hand.

Edited by DJ Wolfe
  • Brohoof 1