Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv [mods and admins, delete this post]

Not here anymore

(edited)
1 minute ago, Pentium100 said:

I have seen it on TV when changing channels etc, but never watched it. I was a bit too old for that at the time :twismile: ir really was not interesting to me.

I don;t think I ever found it interesting. I just had to watch it cause my younger brother liked watching it lmao

Edited by Princess of Luck 🍀⚡🔥

I've seen a couple of episodes a long time ago. They seemed a bit silly to me.

Then I saw this and everything made sense:

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, NerdyTV&FilmFanatic2019 said:

I know, it's a random question that's probably been asked before... but, just wondering.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :BornAgainBrony:

I managed to watch for like 2 minutes until I threw up. Can't be more displeasing. Wonder if the children who grew up with that show are still here to day?

Yes, I was watching it for a while on tv aaaaaages ago. It was like, few episodes I barely remember now. The thing is, that this was so weird, creepy and 'cringy', that it was pretty intriguing. Can't say I truly enjoyed watching this, but it was kinda interesting on its own way.

So yeah, I watched few episodes out of curiosity years ago.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Splashee said:

@Cloudy Heart I have to say though, that the baby sun is a very cool concept. I wish I had come up with that!

(I was writing that before you posted, lol)

Haha.

True. :) There is a lot you could do with that concept. I'm not an expert, when it comes to Teletubbies, but what does the baby sun actually represent? The young viewer?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Cloudy Heart said:

but what does the baby sun actually represent? The young viewer?

GOD! Unpredictable and innocent

1836955685_shockedSL.png

53 minutes ago, Cloudy Heart said:

but what does the baby sun actually represent? The young viewer?

I have no idea, but when I was a kid we sometimes used to draw the sun with a face, so, I guess it's similar to that?

1 hour ago, Splashee said:

I managed to watch for like 2 minutes until I threw up. Can't be more displeasing. Wonder if the children who grew up with that show are still here to day?

You were probably too old for it. The show was designed for really little kids. I remember reading about it at the time - everything that was said was repeated multiple times because really small children usually do not understand things on the first time (I think that was the reason), the characters talked like their target demographic etc.This, of course, made the show pretty much unwatchable for older children.

• Brohoof 2

We had a weird moment in my French class of 2014 when an image in our textbook of a sort of convenience store had some Teletubby merch in the background. I loved the show as a kid and my mom would make me tubby toast :ButtercupLaugh:

Spoiler

Closest thing I've watched to it in a long time was a bit from Robot Chicken, and an insane parody series called Nazi Tubbies.

9 hours ago, Splashee said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :BornAgainBrony:

I’m definitely still here :yay:

That was my favorite show when I was 2 or 3 and I loved all the online games that had those characters on whatever website it was. I think it was PBS kids.

Yeah, I liked it as a kid – I have no idea why (probably I found the characters interesting). :ButtercupLaugh: Though I always hated the parts where they showed the clips with the kids and then the whole thing was repeated again. :derp:

Probably the worst show I've ever enjoyed (and I was six at the time, not even in the target audience)!

• Brohoof 2

I would watch it often as a kid, to be honest I think it was mostly fascinating to me their house in it. Though it is a children's show so when you rewatch any of the episodes it is really giving a vibe of like randomness. 

• Brohoof 1