Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will this fandom ever TRULY die out and go away in the immediate future??

gmaximum

Don't take this post the wrong way, I don't dislike the brony community, actually quite the opposite. I have seen and experienced a lot of brony related content over the years since 2013, even though I have never actually participated in it. I live in Australia so the brony community had a very small influence in this country throughout it's establishment online and it's history. Bronies Australia used to be a popular forum website for any Australian that was interested in mlp, but has been deleted in it's entirety for a few years now. Bluey actually now has a bigger cultural influence in Australia right now that what mlp ever had.

What it bothering me is not the fandom itself and it's history, but is just how something like this is actually able to sustain itself if it has the desire to continue to exist LONG TERM. What im trying to say is that will there be a point in the immediate future like two to three years from now where the influence of this fandom will have completley dissapeared from the internet as it was pre 2011. I'm no expert on the entire history of this fandom because I have never participated in it on the inside, but I'm an avid YouTube user who has used the website since 2006 and have seen my fair share of brony content in the 2010s where it was an inescapable presence. You didn't just see it, you felt it.

Now that this fandom is just over a decade old now and Friendship is Magic is now officially done, what type of future does this fandom have unless if someone decides to reboot this franchise again and create a new show to cater to what an older target demographic audience, even though I'm almost completely sure that will never happen.

Will there be a day where all mlp fan related content will cease to be and no one will watch this show anymore. Will this fandom ever fade away completely and be forgotten with everyone who was in it completely moved on to other things and become nothing more than simple nostalgia?

The answer is no from the looks of it. I recently went to TrotCon Snow Day online and the evening Pony Fest concert that was held just this weekend, and there were many many people in the Pony Town server. I read a tweet from one of the musicians that stated one of the streams crashed because of so many people tuning in. Plus this site is still chugging along as well. So no, I highly doubt this fandom is going away anytime soon. 

• Brohoof 2

You seem to be basing the entirety of what defines the fandom off of fanmade content and watching the show- now, those are a large part of being in the g5 fandom, as many are content creators, and there is no denying that much of it has slowed down from G4’s heyday. But that is far from what “makes or breaks” a fandom. Yes the show had ended, yes many have stoped watching, yes many don’t create content anymore, or have moved on entirely. But future generations will watch the show, and likely become fans. Not on a large scale as it had been, but old fans will stick around or at the very least recall liking these colorful horses and how it impacted them, and new blood will always be trickling in. 

I tire of topics like these because many don’t seem to take this into account and look past “show it over, fan content is less. Fandom must be dying”, and that is a defeatist outlook that doesn’t take the larger scope into account. There are also fans of the comics, the merchandise, the community, and there will always be someone kicking around to keep the love of these ponies alive. The g1, 2, and 3 fandoms are still out there, alive and kicking- scattered across different platforms, and yes- they are geared more toward the toyline and collecting, but they’re still thriving after all this time. 
And while g4 and it’s fandom may be more reliant on the tv show, Unlike the past gens- the show basing over and a decreased speed of fan content submission and spotlight means nothing, and again, doesn’t signal a death sentence for the FiM fandom. 

• Brohoof 3

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No. This franchise has been around for forty years now, and every generation before bronydom has their dedicated fanbases. Bronydom (G4 and G5) isn't exempt.

• Brohoof 1

Even if G4 totally ends, as long as we keep friendship in our hearts... And as long as G5 is good, this fandom will never die away. At least I'll remember all the touching moments I'm sure we all felt since 11 some odd years ago. ^_^

• Brohoof 1