Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What if you were the most intelligent person on earth?

Mach33

• The title was changed to What if you were the most intelligent person on earth?

What is this "if" routine?  I already am.  :devious:

Uh, but seriously, if I were the smartest person on Earth, I'd probably try to design some sort of internet daemon a la Daniel Suarez's Daemon (or Johnny Depp in Transcendence, the movie that ripped off Daemon) with the intention to have it take over the world to save humanity from itself.

• Brohoof 2

I'd gawk in horror and contempt towards the rest of humanity over all of our ongoing failures if it weren't a waste of my time. Maybe I'd be gentler and only operate under logic like Spock while concealing mild amusement. Although having intelligence isn't equivalent to having knowledge so until this is no longer a what if, who knows?

Edited by SharpWit

The main question is how would I be the smartest person on Earth? I see three options:

1. I become much smarter than now. This would be awesome.
2. Everyone else become stupid, while I remain the same. This would not be as awesome.
3. I become the only human on Earth - everyone else dies/disappears. This would suck.

• Brohoof 2

• 8 months later...

Unlike everybody else here I'm clearly the stupidest human on the planet but at least I know it. ;)

I would do whatever I could. First I'd make myself extremely rich. Sorry, but you can't do much without it.

Then I'd try to improve the world. Invent some kind of clean energy, ways to clean up the environment, some kind of easy birth control you don't have to think about, and hopefully ways to colonize space.

And of course for fun I would learn many languages, read many books, and become so good at various games that nobody would every play with me. :P 

On 2021-01-02 at 1:37 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

What is this "if" routine?  I already am.  :devious:

Uh, but seriously, if I were the smartest person on Earth, I'd probably try to design some sort of internet daemon a la Daniel Suarez's Daemon (or Johnny Depp in Transcendence, the movie that ripped off Daemon) with the intention to have it take over the world to save humanity from itself.

I loved Transcendence and think it's incredibly underrated sci-fi. Now I have to see Daemon.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

I loved Transcendence and think it's incredibly underrated sci-fi. Now I have to see Daemon.

Read.  It's a book.  And yeah, Transcendence was great.  I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't when I said it ripped off Daemon.  But yeah, it obviously did, and I think Daemon was way better.  I'd love to see Daemon made into a movie.  Actually, it would probably be best suited as a 2 hour Black Mirror episode.

8 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

Unlike everybody else here I'm clearly the stupidest human on the planet but at least I know it.

Heh, but the stupidest people don't know they're stupid, so you already disproved yourself right there!  ;)

• Brohoof 1