Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health How do you shave?

Props Valroa

What do you use to shave?  

22 users have voted

1. 1. What do you use to shave?

• Electric Shaver
    • Razor

I shave with the Braun Series 7. I would not recommend it, personally. When you get it, it works perfectly, it shaves everything you need to in a few strokes. But it quickly wears out. I have already had to replace the blades once and I've had it only for 6 months. The new set of blades did not seem to last in a state of new-ness, and it shaves very poorly on my face to where I have to spend 20 minutes shaving my face. On the body it works flawlessly though, but I intend on getting a new shaver for my face and using the Braun Series 7 for my body.

What do you guys use to shave, how do you shave, and how often? I shave every day.

Spoiler

59086A62-CBDE-4746-9E4E-D596FBF8F05B.jpg

6AB2A38C-1413-4E59-ADE3-FDD0AB60012B.jpg

85EE3041-16D2-4AE8-9B73-035803876FE7.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I used to do it with an electric shaver but it is just faster and more reliable with a normal razor.

I can shave in around 3-4 minutes with a Gillette Mach3 Turbo. I usually did it every other day, but I have been told by somepony to keep my stubble because of looks, so I shave once per week now.

• Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, Splashee said:

I used to do it with an electric shaver but it is just faster and more reliable with a normal razor.

I can shave in around 3-4 minutes with a Gillette Mach3 Turbo. I usually did it every other day, but I have been told by somepony to keep my stubble because of looks, so I shave once per week now.

Whenever I'd use a normal razor I would end up with extreme razor burn and bleeding. I would first wet my face with cold water, then add shaving cream ontop of that. I find that hot water would just make my skin more prone to cutting. Shaving in 3-4 minutes without bleeding, razor burn, would be a dream come true for me. 

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, -Buttercup- said:

Whenever I'd use a normal razor I would end up with extreme razor burn and bleeding. I would first wet my face with cold water, then add shaving cream ontop of that. I find that hot water would just make my skin more prone to cutting. Shaving in 3-4 minutes without bleeding, razor burn, would be a dream come true for me. 

It took many years for me to get used to my beard and how to effectively remove it. Hot water first. Shaving cream. After shave, cold water. Direction matter. I switch direction when there is less to shave at the end, to get a closer shave.

I managed to get quite bad razor burns with my electric shaver (Philishave Cool Skin) because I wanted a closer shave.

• Brohoof 1

@Splashee

I would go straight up, always against the grain on all areas of my face. That's probably why, but I never really liked the thought of going with the grain. The point of shaving for me, is to get every hair, so that your face is entirely smooth when pressed in all directions. I've used the Harry's Razors with the 5 blade design, with the Harry's shaving cream. It didn't work all that well for me, and despite that, I had used that type of shaving for 4-5 years before I decided to switch to Electric Razors. 

• Brohoof 2

@-Buttercup- Try a different direction first, and less close. A direction that hurts less. See if it saves you time. Then at the end, switch direction to straight up. I find sideways to be very effective when I have a longer beard, just to get it shorter (at first). Then I switch to going upwards to get absolutely everything.

• Brohoof 2

I don’t envy those who have to shave their beards, lemme tell you that! :scoots:

I use Intuition razors that have the soaps on them. Saves on having to use shaving cream but you have to buy soap refills all the time. I shave every few days and it really depends on how tired I am and how much hair there is. My mom keeps telling me I should shave every day but if I did that, not only would it be a waste of time, it’s way easier to get razor cuts.

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, TheRockARooster said:

I shave with a Gillette Fusion Pro Shield, it shaves great and lubricates your skin as you shave.

4DEE2CAD-7E11-4A9B-A5D6-07106C106E23.jpeg.1c930f6f910daf2ea7626bf2785c5a9a.jpeg

I got one of those in the mail from Gillette a while ago, but I haven't used it yet.

I usually use a Phillip's Norelco from 30 years ago. It doesn't shave as close, which is fine with me.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, TheGleaner said:

I got one of those in the mail from Gillette a while ago, but I haven't used it yet.

I usually use a Phillip's Norelco from 30 years ago. It doesn't shave as close, which is fine with me.

They’re quite good, Glean.

I hope it’ll go well for you.

• Brohoof 3

I am a female and I use Venus razors. I apply shave gel beforehand and I always have my legs, underarms, and down there.

• Brohoof 2

I should probably shave my legs more often but they don’t really need more than once a week, or even longer sometimes. When I want to get it done fast I use an old egg-shaped electric razor thingy made back in the ‘70s that my mom gave me. It’s really good for its age but electric shavers don’t always get as close as I want. When I want to get super close I use a cheap little Bic razor with Aloe shaving cream. It makes my legs very smooth and it lasts longer than an electric. But I have to use an older Bic because they always cut me to ribbons when they’re still new.

• Brohoof 1

I use a normal razor. It gets a closer shave and I'm good with it, so I never have to deal with any nicks or cuts.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a teen when I started getting facial hair, I used an electric shaver. But sometime in my 20s I switched to using a Bic or similar razor.  Typically I shave every other day using shaving cream. But if I’m pressed for time I can do it in the shower and the constant water makes it tolerable. I’ve tried growing a beard in the past but after a few days it feels itchy and scuzzy. Then I have to get rid of it. :P

• Brohoof 1

I think I have a Flamingo brand razor. Very sturdy handle though the blade can snap off on you, well it’s supposed to snap off so it can be replaced with new blades.

I get lazy with shaving my legs in the winter. In the summer though… :scoots:

• 3 months later...