Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The recent purchases thread

Rochambo

I recently bought a year's supply of injection needles since I noticed I was about to run out in a few weeks(I do only one injection each week).  I'm just glad I double-checked now instead of realizing I'm completely out of needles. :sealed:

Does anypony remember when I bragged about getting this Kindle for two dollars at a thrift store?

s-l640.jpg

Well, at the same thrift store, I just got this much newer one for only FIVE BUCKS! It's last year's model. I do have the first touch screen Kindle, bought at the SAME thrift store for three bucks, but I like this one MUCH BETTER! The older one tends to turn several pages at once. This 2019 model doesn't do that. I thrift store like a BOSS!

(I already have the complete "Foundation" series, by Isaac Asimov loaded onto it!)

amazon_kindle_2019_1.jpg

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

On 9/4/2020 at 9:35 PM, Oblivion said:

The knife! Got a spring assisted switchblade and it's pretty sweet plus it matches my pistol!

20200903_121835.jpg

Rarity would approve of you matching your accessories! 

On 8/31/2020 at 6:37 PM, Thuja said:

Besides groceries, I bought some garden shears and a new can-opener.

Don't mix them up now!

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Does anypony remember when I bragged about getting this Kindle for two dollars at a thrift store?

s-l640.jpg

Well, at the same thrift store, I just got this much newer one for only FIVE BUCKS! It's last year's model. I do have the first touch screen Kindle, bought at the SAME thrift store for three bucks, but I like this one MUCH BETTER! The older one tends to turn several pages at once. This 2019 model doesn't do that. I thrift store like a BOSS!

(I already have the complete "Foundation" series, by Isaac Asimov loaded onto it!)

amazon_kindle_2019_1.jpg

Awesome!
I've been looking at getting an e-book reader (mostly for Manga off the internet)

It's cool you've found so many kindles from that charity shop for really cheap

• Brohoof 1

On 9/4/2020 at 8:51 PM, You said:

lol, both illegal in my country.

And both are illegal at my own home :ButtercupLaugh:

23 hours ago, Sherbie-kun <3 said:

Awesome!
I've been looking at getting an e-book reader (mostly for Manga off the internet)

It's cool you've found so many kindles from that charity shop for really cheap

It's downright weird! They even now have another of that gray one I bought for two dollars. Who keeps donating Kindles to thrift stores?

^_^

• Brohoof 1

On 9/17/2020 at 8:09 AM, cuteycindyhoney said:

It's downright weird! They even now have another of that gray one I bought for two dollars. Who keeps donating Kindles to thrift stores?

^_^

IDK, maybe someone is doing a clearout and some of the stock of the thrift store got put in the back tempoarilly haha

I bought this! hyper.gif.010e77a697b808b650bbe891cdaf6b23.gif

What the Fark is it?

It's a Russian copy of the Swedish made Optimus 8R gasoline camping stove. I had one for years until recently when I stupidly got rid of it, and when now thinking I could it again. Except now they seem to be highly desirable! Collector's items even! :o Fetch stupid money on eBay! This one is used but more affordable (cos not an Optimus, technically) ...

72912479_VINTAGEUSSRTURISTPT-1gasolinestoveOPTIMUS8R-02b.thumb.jpg.728b61a6185dc9a80efe93a693d1753d.jpg

PS: actually it's better than mine was, cos it comes with a little spanner [wrench] (not shown – but the spring clip under the lid is for holding the little spanner) which is for removing the jet and valve for cleaning, and it also has a nice control knob instead of a stupid key like you would use to wind up a clock ... :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Tropical Melody said:

I bought this! hyper.gif.010e77a697b808b650bbe891cdaf6b23.gif

What the Fark is it?

It's a Russian copy of the Swedish made Optimus 8R gasoline camping stove

Nice!

I haven't heard of that one. I wish I could by stuff abroad but coronavirus is in my way

We finally got out of the dealership...blah but We bought a Honda Pilot for me, my first owned car!! I didn’t know about it till my parent told me they signed my name under it! It’s a family van but it’s still great for a van!! :love: Looks like I’ll have another great responsibility onto my shoulder now haha. Will send picture later! 

On the cheaper side, I bought Sir Pen. Pin Halloween edition! 

• Two Coffee cakes (one almond & cream cheese, the other blue berry & creme cheese)
  • Two packets of maple coffee
  • Two blocks of artisan cheese (one garlic & thyme cheddar, the other caraway w/ orange & cranberry)
  • A Red Sonja DVD
  • Mini spray bottle of organic lavender hand sanitizer. 
  • International promo CD copies of Rocket Ride by Edguy, Tommorrowland by Black Majesty, Breaking The Chains by Pegazus, Fatal Force,  Burden Of Truth by Circle to Circle, Another Golden Rage by Lanfear, Book of the Dead by Steel Prophet, The Second Great Awakening by Fireball Ministry
  • A bunch more CDs: Act III by Death Angel, Touched by the Crimson King by Demons & Wizards, Angels by The 69 eyes, Imaginations From the Other Side and The Forgotten Tales by Blind Guardian, Dio by Jorn, Met Us Mortis by Brainstorm, In the Night by Dream Evil, The limited edition of the Spawn movie soundtrack , which also came with a free bonus disk of the Saw 6 soundtrack I think? 
  • The English commentary edition of Pro-wrestling NOAH's N1-Victory tournament, which had good action, but god awful commentary. 

X-Transbots Boost(Windcharger)

AF8FA26B-0F43-452B-92AA-B064F6E1F575.thumb.jpeg.0e9f30590a02755459711a13d968f361.jpeg

Just need a decent Huffer and Gears and I’ll have the 18 Original Autobots though I’m not exactly in a rush to get those two lol

257A5CF0-2DE7-417F-BB89-173C67B42953.thumb.jpeg.f364a8de97e4e7b59855642ed3790eed.jpeg

706AFE70-100B-4A2D-A44E-E40C25ADEA3F.thumb.jpeg.d08f4afeee43e7f6f24c024e0ca1b759.jpeg

Also got Fanstoys Roadking and Magnum(Motormaster and Wild Rider). I’ll probably get the rest in this line

• Brohoof 2

Besides groceries, I decided to order some toilet paper that's made out of bamboo.  The rolls look to be double the size of normal toilet paper rolls and I've been wanting to try this brand for a while.  Ordered 24 rolls and I want to see how long they last.

If I get excited over toilet paper, does that make me an adult now? :adorkable: 

582814723_KetchupIMG_3367.jpg.3fec814a16f207d7e9a9339f3d978161.jpg

-

ALSO CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY ...

•  Conan the Barbarian [1981] [DVD]
  • 500ml Mineralised Methylated Spirit
  • Amber Glass Bottles with Pipettes Dropper 50ml x 2
  • Vango Nevis 200 Trekking Tent, Pamir Green
  •  Vango Trekking Tarp, Anthracite - Rain Tarp for camping - Rain Tarp for Tent
  • Vamos Lightweight Inflatable Luxury Soft Camping & Travel Pillow with Removable Cover
  • Adjustable Storage Stuff Sack (orange, s) x 2

Gotta have to knock this on the head soon tho, else I'm gonna end up in the Salvation Army charity food line (destitute and homeless)

-

PS: and groceries by mail order. That's me sorted for fruit and veg for a bit. And bacon. And bread. Plus got a dozen eggs yesterday.

Edited by Tropical Melody

Metallic balls 2.5 mm in diameter. Supposed to repair my telephone levers, but it turned out I needed 3 mm instead. So I just ordered that. These tiny little balls are so easily dropped, and they are completely required for the levers to operate

I just got a coat at the thrift store because I have a feeling I won't be able to fit my old one when winter rolls in.  I hope to be wrong about that but if it's too small this year, I'll have a coat that I could wear instead.  Just need to get it dry cleaned since it is kinda dirty.

I love maps and big infographic posters. I just got this awesome timeline of world history showing different civilizations and empires for the last 5000+ years. I have a similar poster but that one was written decades ago. This one has a lot more information on africa and the americas.