Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why I donated $630 to this site

My little pwny

MLP, the best medicine. Those adorable lil ponies can take me out of any kind of bad mood. i ALWAYS watch at least 3 episdoes of MLP after a horror movie, fixes me right up. I'm glad you didn't commit suicide!!

That's quite a journey you've been on, friend. Glad to see you made it out in one piece, even if you didn't plan on it initially. I'm sure you've already found this out for yourself, but the world is a staggering, beautiful place. We only get to see it for a short time before we're gone forever. I can't tell you how happy I am to learn you will be staying with us for many years to come. The true value of life lies in its potential. Think of all the lives people have led over the eons. Never forget that you, too, can seize greatness.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
Wow that is amazing, meanwhile haters are still clueless. Thanks for not committing suicide, this is one of the best things I have ever read in this forum. Edited by Mordecai
  • Brohoof 2

How do you have $630 dollars sitting around when you spent all your money on games? That's a lot of money for a college student to have AND be able to spend on some forum. How rich are you? o3o

I have tried to commit suicide and I know what it can be like, this was before I knew about FIM (or it even existed) and I would have actually gone through with it but I failed (not for this topic).

But I digress. I'm always happy when someone lives, in any circumstance and this an especially touching story to me because I can sort of relate.

• Brohoof 1

I've been down the path of depression and suicide before and I got out of it, though it wasn't MLP: FIM that changed my mind but whatever floats your boat. I know what's it like and I know how close you came to it. But you changed your mind and that's for the better. I now believe that suicide is never the answer and am glad to see you are alive today. Bravo/Brava!

(edited)

WOW.... just WOW!!!

I love to read these kind of stories, it touches me deeply and warms my heart how a little kids show can change peoples perspectives of life. MLP:FIM changed me too, now i'm more tolerant with people and just stay positive about things, ur story is really sad but i'm really happy that all ended right.

When I first heard Pinkie's "Smile" song something clicked in my brain too, and now I see life slightly different. Anyway, ur a brave pony and i'm really happy that u didn't do it after all, man I don't know who u are but I want to hug u so HARD right now

Edited by Motion Spark
  • Brohoof 2

I'm truly in tears after reading this. I don't what to say, but I'm really glad that everything worked out. But I want you to know that it really warmed my heart after reading your story.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

That... was... just... wow...

I am just so glad you did not commit suicide right now. There is much more to life. There is really no point in killing yourself. It would just have been really sad for your family. What would they do without you? I can't believe that this show made you think twice. I am just really grateful right now. This is what is going through my mind right now:

God used MLP FIM as a way to get you to snap out of depression and out of suicide thoughts to continue your life. And with that said... You should be grateful to God for guiding you to a better life using Lauren Faust's amazing show.

We are so glad to have you here right now among us and not buried under a pile of dirt. :)

Edited by Switazoid
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

And then, THANK YOU for accepting the Community. You can also not only thank the people here, but yourself. :)

Your a person who also has made me smile.

So I thank YOU.

Edited by Suskieshy
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

yep many modern tv shows and movies don't really think about the content of their shows and how it affects the mindset of the audience, its just "lets put as much crap as we can think of" I don't think they even bother to consider the ramifications of what the effects of the show has on the world as a whole. in this day and age even poor people have access to TV so the effects of TV are far reaching. Like someone said, horror movies...why do they even exist? They give short adrenaline bursts but in the long run just make people miserable.

I am very happy for you that you happened to watch My little pony.

Edited by glitterlicious
  • Brohoof 1

I too was very depressed prior to this community; not to the same degree, but I just cannot imagine my life now without it.

I met so many of my current day friends through it; I don't have any in real life.

The pony thread I joined last year was the best thing to ever happen to me; It was an absolutely awesome thread filled with awesome people who all knew each other. I posted the most and loved it, I didn't mind pouring day after day into that thread; it was all I had.

The thread is dead now, which depresses me a bit and I really do miss it, but what happened in it I will never forget.

And I still talk to a few of them, so I guess everything's not lost.

Kudos to you, mr . my little pwny.

(edited)

God used MLP FIM as a way to get you to snap out of depression and out of suicide thoughts to continue your life. And with that said... You should be grateful to God for guiding you to a better life using Lauren Faust's amazing show.

Or perhaps it was just a coincidence? :S

Edited by Rochambo
  • Brohoof 2

Or perhaps it was just a coincidence? :S

Or the system of Karmic cycles that runs our lives?

I'll be the judge of that. While I love the topic of God and other higher powers, let's leave it to the religion thread :D

I have read this thread several times already, just to clear it with my own mind that what I read was what I actually processed the first time around. It had given me a lot of time to think about just how important this show really is to some people, and how amazing it actually is that it can change someones life such as your own.

I'll admit to not having such a grand realization to life itself when I first started watching this show, so I can only relate to you somewhat. I've never actually been that sad that I ever thought about ending my life. Which is what makes what you typed out in this thread all the more haunting to think about. It's the realization to me that had you not watched this show at all, that you would be dead and not a single soul on this website would even know. No one would ever think of it, and no one would have ever had a conscious thought on their mind that anything of such nature would be taking place. It truly is something haunting to think on.

Which brings me to what I really wanted to say past all of that garble.

I am absolutely honored that I could have ever ran into a thread such as this one. It opens my eyes to what potential we all have as human beings to help one another, and what kind of happiness can be spread through the creations of others. It is absolutely amazing what this show (MLP FiM) can do for everyone, and I'm so happy that I could have ever gotten to read something like this. It takes a lot of courage and spirit to share stories like this. The fact that this show has given you the mind set, the will, and the courage to submit such a story is absolutely amazing.

So from here on out I wish you the best life that you could ever dream of. Fill it with wonderful memories, great friends, love, and friendship. Follow what fundamentals this show preaches and become the best person anyone could meet!

You truly are an amazing person for sharing this, and it would have been an outright shame if you had went through what you were planning on doing. A precious soul such as your own should never be wasted.

Thank you again for sharing this inspiring story. I wish I could seriously hug you (as has been expressed by everyone here) but this post along with any other encounters we may have in the future will have to do its gratitude for now.

Thank you so much.

Continue to grow, love, and tolerate.<3

• Brohoof 7

Now I feel proud for being the first to reply and brohoof to your thread! :D

But seriously, your story was touching and it even made me cry a little bit. I salute you for your courage, and I wish you the best of luck for your future. :)